hkskyline's 2017 in Morioka - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Japan Forum 日本フォーラム > Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真

Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真 Pictures & Video of Japan / 都市の景観・自然 写真とビデオ

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 26th, 2017, 05:47 PM   #1
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 23495

hkskyline's 2017 in Morioka

Continuing my tour of the Tohoku region, Morioka is a small city where I camped out to explore neighbouring areas. From the train station, it is a comfortable 20 minute walk to the castle ruins. Morioka's golden period was during the 16-17th centuries.

Morioka Castle was built in 1609 but was demolished in 1874 as the samurai age ended. The site became a public park in 1906. However, its stone walls remain intact and this is a great place to see the mountains that give this pleasant town a lovely backdrop.

Back on street level, I headed towards the Nakatsu-gawa River, where historical buildings are clustered. This area was home to the town's wealthy merchants.

More on my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/tohoku.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Tiger Beer

Likes (Received): 72

Cool Photos!

I also did something on YouTube for this city, but I"m not sure how to add the photos on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzOe8sTc-U&t=59s
Tiger Beer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: