Entrepreneuriat - Page 34 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Economic and Business

Economic and Business Discussion for the Republic of the Congo

Old May 21st, 2017, 08:28 PM   #661
Umoja

Likes (Received): 7039

With the fertility rate in DR CONGO, it's a very good idea for entrepreneurship/Entrepreneuriant...
Umoja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #662
l'ecclesiaste

Likes (Received): 224

Umoja liked this post
l'ecclesiaste no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:15 AM   #663
bkv

Likes (Received): 1658

RÉUSSITE juillet 2017 : Pacifique Kahasha, business sur business

CERTAINS SONT ENTRAIN DE LUTTER POUR CONSTRUIRE LE PAYS, D'AUTRES SONT TRES PREOCCUPE POUR LE DETRUIRE.

BRAVO A NOTRE FRERE KAHASHA.

En pleine brousse, Pacifique Kahasha a créé pas moins de 4 entreprises dans des domaines aussi variés que l’hôtellerie, le garage automobile et la sous-traitance dans le forage de mine. Sa stratégie ? Répondre aux multiples besoins des multinationales minières présentes sur place. Toute la région en profite !

BUTEMBO21, kinkiesse liked this post
bkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2017, 03:07 AM   #664
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5959

Les autres entend les mizungu et les asiatiques a construire leurs provinces. lol
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 11:29 PM   #665
l'ecclesiaste

Umoja, kinkiesse liked this post
Old August 24th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #666
l'ecclesiaste

Bravo Deo Kasongo,apres Kin Bowling,voici la salle de spectacle Showbuzz

Umoja, kinkiesse, BUTEMBO21 liked this post

Last edited by l'ecclesiaste; August 25th, 2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old August 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #667
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5959

Good investment.

One of the sectors id like to invest in.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 07:29 PM   #668
Umoja

Mucked a brand of drinks created by a Congolese from France.
Energy drink, fruit juice, a real treat.
The Diaspora who works !!

Source: Bendele Ekweya Te

kinkiesse liked this post
Old October 26th, 2017, 07:33 PM   #669
Umoja

KINSHASA : SALON ON ORDER FROM $ 580 OSOLOLI MY NUMBER +243899632199 /SALON SUR COMMANDE À PARTIR DES 580$ OSOLOLI MON NUMÉRO +243899632199

Source: Bendele Ekweya Te

kinkiesse liked this post
Old November 19th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #670
Umoja

Public toilets, new business at the central market of Kinshasa

Several people whose residences are located near the central market of Kinshasa have built for private traders and visitors of this shopping center private toilets which access is paying.

Approached by Radio Okapi, these new operators have indicated that many people prefer to use their hygienic facilities, which are considered clean and well maintained, unlike public toilets managed by the central market administration.

And according to the users of these hygienic installations, the price of access varies between 500 and 1000 Congolese francs (FC). The market is very lucrative and inspires more and more other residents around this big market.

Thousands of people daily frequent the central market of Kinshasa and according to the owners of these hygienic facilities, the daily attendance of these places of comfort varies between 100 and 200 people.

Quote:
Les toilettes publiques, nouveau business au marché central de Kinshasa

Plusieurs personnes dont les résidences sont situées aux abords du marché central de Kinshasa ont construit à l’intention des commerçants et visiteurs de ce centre commercial des toilettes publiques privées dont l’accès est payant.

Approchés par Radio Okapi, ces opérateurs d’un nouveau genre ont indiqué que plusieurs personnes préfèrent fréquenter leurs installations hygiéniques, jugées propres et bien entretenues, contrairement aux toilettes publiques gérées par l’administration du marché central.

Et selon les usagers de ces installations hygiéniques, le prix d’accès varie entre 500 et 1000 francs congolais (FC). Le marché est très lucratif et inspire de plus en plus d’autres personnes résidents aux abords de ce grand marché.

Des milliers de personnes fréquentent quotidiennement le marché central de Kinshasa et d’après les propriétaires de ces installations hygiéniques, la fréquentation journalière de ces lieux d’aisance varie entre 100 et 200 personnes.

https://www.radiookapi.net/2017/11/1...al-de-kinshasa
Old January 15th, 2018, 11:17 PM   #671
Umoja

KINSHASA HAIR SALON MIKE HAIR // Kin Plaza Mall

Source: Congo Autrement

BL87 liked this post
Old January 15th, 2018, 11:21 PM   #672
Umoja

SIIOU 2 BEAUTY DRC

Beauty care and accessory sales

Products
- Dental whitening
- Eyelash extensions
- Semi-permanent makeup

65 Av. Justice Kinshasa Gombe

Call 0993000013
[email protected]

See you there. Nathalie Lafleur

Source: Congo Autrement

BL87 liked this post
Old January 16th, 2018, 08:05 PM   #673
Sulybreks
I's of a b-holda

Likes (Received): 1224

Are all those stores/salons congolese owned?

The Ayatollah of Sky n' scrapah!
Sulybreks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:25 AM   #674
Umoja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulybreks View Post
Are all those stores/salons congolese owned?
I don't know, sorry
Old March 28th, 2018, 11:40 PM   #675
Umoja

Women entrepreneurs: a dozen panelists expected at Breakfast connection this March 30

Breakfast Connection is a business network connecting entrepreneurs and other business stakeholders in the DRC.

The Breakfast Connexion Women's Team is organizing the first edition of its Forum on March 30th in Memling: "Entrepreneur Woman". The purpose of this Day is to bring together women from here and elsewhere around sub-themes presented by experienced women and debated with the various participants.

Eve BAZAIBA (MP MLC), Pierrette GENE (Honorary Minister), Annie KITIMA NZUZI (PCA / OKIMO), Rose Doré BOKELEALE (DGA / ANAPI), Dany NYEMBWE (HAND ON THE HEART), Viviane MULENDA (VODACOM Foundation), Awa NDAYIE (UN WOMEN), Hélène MIASUEKAMA (DG CANAL PLUS), Yvonne KUSUAMINA (DG PAYNET NETWORK), Marie PHAGAN (DG BEAUTY IN YOU), Patricia VERINGA (DG JOB FACTORY), Eliane MUNKENI (ACF MANAGING PARTNER), Edwige TAKASSI ( DGA PROCREDIT BANK), Mamie KALONDA DG FINCA and Lisette BEWA (Cabinet BEWA & Associés) are announced as criminal lawyers.

"Through its network, Breakfast Connexion allows all women in general, to access positions of high responsibility in professional circles and the Entrepreneur Woman in particular, regardless of the progress of its project, to find a place of exchange, sponsorship, training and information, "told the Newsdi.CD Eco Desk. Albert Ntoni, Business event manager and designer and initiator of the Breakfast Connexion business network.

Several themes will be developed including the challenge of female leadership, women and performance, how to break the glass ceiling syndrome, what are the career prospects in decision-making bodies, woman solutions, woman, first "doctor" of his Family Unit, Leadership & Empowerment of Women and Women as Drivers of Development in the DRC, How to develop their business internationally, etc.

«Breakfast Connexion sets up a space for exchange, sharing of experience and highlighting the actions carried out by women to support the taking of responsibility of women entrepreneurs in the socio-economic, to ensure representation Women entrepreneurs from public authorities, organizations and other entities, promote solidarity, friendship and sharing of experience of women with projects and creative entrepreneurs to provide support in the creation or the takeover of companies; strengthen the presence of women in decision-making bodies at local, regional, national and international levels, "added Albert Ntoni.

Quote:
Femmes entrepreneurs : Une dizaine de panélistes attendus au Breakfast connexion de ce 30 mars

Le Breakfast connexion est un réseau d’affaires permettant de mettre en relation les entrepreneurs et les autres intervenants du monde des affaires en RDC.

L’Équipe de Femmes de Breakfast Connexion organise le 30 mars au Memling la première édition de son Forum : « Femme Entrepreneure ». Le but de cette Journée est de regrouper des Femmes d’ici et d’ailleurs autour de sous-thèmes présentés par des Femmes d’expérience et débattus avec les différentes participantes.

https://actualite.cd/2018/03/28/femm...on-de-30-mars/
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:47 AM   #676
Umoja

“DR Congo: Serge Nawej's Crazy Bet to Unlock the Huge Potential of Congolese Entrepreneurs”

(Ecofin Agency) - Serge Nawej, an international business lawyer specializing in Africa, has embarked on an astronomical feat in his country, the Democratic Republic of the Congo: making the National Commission of Young Entrepreneurs of the Congo a mega-company. His project: to co-ordinate more than 30,000 young Congolese entrepreneurs to collectively benefit from the tremendous business potential of their country. Their membership card: a credit card. Their common tool: a large commercial platform for communication and services. Their targets: the mines, agriculture, ICT and banks.

Ecofin Agency: What can push a world-class business lawyer to take the lead of a structure like the National Commission of Young Entrepreneurs (CNJE) of DRC ?

Serge Nawej: The luck of meetings and the fruit of the recognition of a certain reputation. To tell the truth, I did not spontaneously choose to take on this task as I already had a lot on my plate. From a professional point of view, I was already collaborating with Nicole Sul and her exceptional work with a group of businessmen and women called MAKUTANO. I was indeed among the first to think with Nicole about this concept which today is becoming more and more important in the Congolese business sector, and taking on the leadership of CNJE was a natural next step. From a more personal point of view, I think that this opportunity fulfils my desire to bring some of my international and local work experience that I believe to have marginally accumulated, and that I could bring to bear in the context of the DRC which is particularly misunderstood, even by Congolese themselves.

This title of "President" is for some a prestigious line on a resume, but for a person with like me an aversion of the titles, without questioning the prestige, it is an empty shell that I must fill, shape and perpetuate , beyond my person. This role comes with other responsibilities since I am also a director and member of the executive committee of the Federation of Enterprises of Congo of which CNJE is one commission.

My vision is not exactly conventional, but of that of the entrepreneurship and the development of the “affectio societatis” within the very organization. I admit that with this vision, I take risks in the Congolese environment, but I conceive, even if it had to be wrong or against wind-tides, the CNJE as a particular commercial project (aspiring to be commercially profitable), and then as a subsidiary company of an organization called upon to renew itself in the most effective way possible. I therefore attach a degree of autonomy which, to this day, is not called into question by the "Mother".

In fact, it is an additional challenge from which I will personally grow up or lose feathers, but will undoubtedly have accumulated knowledge for my next businesses or assignments. Failure does not absolutely scare me because it always serves a purpose.

This undertaking is also an opportunity to test the will of my fellow men to move from words to deeds, to test our ability to work together behind a vision that can be enriched at any time for a collective success. It is a b bit like forming a government. On this subject I have already learned a lot about the will, the motivation and the intention of each other. The CNJE must be a collective work of which I will gladly take responsibility if we fail, while sharing any successes with the FEC and my colleagues. As such, I will take the time it takes to establish a solid foundation and build an effective platform that is well recognized and sustainable, with the same dedication and outcomes of what drives you to consider me as "a lawyer of international caliber".

Ecofin Agency: How can we do business in the DRC in the political context as tense as uncertain, which prevails for more than two years?

Serge Nawej: I usually refer to what a Belgian entrepreneur, Flemish more precisely, once told me, which I paraphrase:

"It has been 40 years since I hear that Africa is in crisis. If a crisis is so long, it is that there is no crisis but a state of fact or, in short, a normal state. I have been making money in Africa since I understood that. I adapted and it works very well.”

Doing business, for me, means to taking risks. Our modern societies have so objectified the commercial nature of business to reduce it to mathematical equations, cold or insipid statistics, thus reducing the notion of risk, loss and responsibility to what is more cautious.

The question should be asked differently for the DRC: why are rational individuals not rushing or forming critical masses to invest and invest in the DRC?

Politically, we can see that this does not prevent some families, even recognized mining companies, from investing, or from directly or indirectly benefiting from their investments in the DRC. The question of the political context is basically a false problem for me. It's all up to our culture, to you and me, very francophone, and probably to our inability as a francophone to organize, what I say, to coalesce to make large-scale investments in this country. The truth is that we simply do not have the capacity and therefore we prefer to blame the political context, or even a single individual.

That said, it is clear that the context or the dramatization (of Congo not being a favourable environment to investors) that is made is not conducive to the realization of many international and domestic projects. But what do these projects really represent in terms of the number of transactions? The truth, without making a statistical study, is that these projects are marginal. But 80 million people have to dress, feed, communicate, despite the political situation. The resulting transactions are as important as those that attract the attention of the media and they generate more jobs. As Congolese, we have to understand this, and the visa policy and other restraints on travel to Europe has made us, for many, realize that we have no choice but to innovate and create an environment that works for us. I can perfectly do from Kinshasa what I did from Brussels or elsewhere in my capacity as a business lawyer. It's a bit more expensive and you have to relearn how to be patient with human resources and the internet, but the gratification of seeing people evolve and acquire the know-how is also part of my personal motivation.

Basically it's almost a political act to continue to fight for business to happen regardless of the political context. We cannot be held hostage by opinion makers or politicians, from whatever background they may be. As a Congolese I feel it as an obligation, although I must admit that some countries are much easier, and sometimes more accommodating to my activities. But you're never better than when you are contributing to the development of your own home.

https://www.ecofinagency.com/finance...-entrepreneurs

kinkiesse, SaleheRehani liked this post
Old May 3rd, 2018, 10:00 PM   #677
Umoja

Undertaking in Eastern Congo, it's possible!

At the age of 30, Léonard Maliona is one of the most prominent entrepreneurs in Beni (Eastern Congo). After attending a school program at Musienene in Butembo, he flew to Nairobi and then to London. Back in the DRC with an architect's degree, he is currently in charge of several companies and is involved in the creation of over a thousand jobs.

It is practically 8am, the shops open slowly. On the big Nyamwissi boulevard a few meters from the BCDC (central bank of the Congo), the employees store the last bins of beer and the bottles scattered here and there on the ground. The day before, there was a match: FC Barcelona vs Real de Madrid. The fans have had a great time! Cries, insults, songs, everything is gone. While the locks of shops and other businesses open, on the other side of the boulevard, the security agents of the Ishango take turns. A short distance away, an armored vehicle stamped with the UN sign also makes its round. It must be said that in Beni, UN vehicles, FARDC (Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo) patrols and trucks belonging to the private security group Khami often share pavement with motorcycle taxis and other road users. This is part of the norm in this part of the DRC.
Golden Boy

Like every morning, Leonard Maliona gets off his vehicle at Ishango. At first, this architect / contractor just helped in the construction plans, but with time he became the owner of the place. Ishango is the meeting place par excellence in Beni. All the public rub shoulders: agents of the United Nations, young people from bourgeois families, artists, expatriates, etc ... Built in the form of restaurant-bar, the place shelters all the great cultural activities of the area: on thursday evening c is a comedy-show day, Friday is the turn of karaoke. A rare fact to be highlighted in a region sadly became famous because of its deliquescent security context (1).

Like all "Golden Boys" which abound more and more the African continent, the entrepreneur explains his desire to make this part of the DRC a jewel both at the tourist and economic level. "I dream of the day when Beni will become a Hub. I think that will not be long. With the renovation of the Mavivi airport, it is quite possible that in a few years, Mavivi will become an international airport "exclaims this son of the country who, in addition to holding shares as a shareholder in the chain Kwetu Partner (KP) - who belongs to his family - is also the general manager of the Sicovir soap factory (2). He also likes to remind that his main models in the field of business are none other than his parents.

First to the housewives

Kwetu Partner includes gas pumps and several supermarket chains. "We employ, in all, about 1000 people and we have created 150 direct jobs. We do not intend to stop there. When you see that people like Buffet are interested in our region, that means it's worth it. It is time for others to realize the richness of this region and its potential just waiting to be developed. " Leonard gives the last instructions to his employees in town before leaving for a field visit to Mutwanga. "Our customer base at Sicovir is essentially made up of rural people," he explains as he opens his car. After checking that everything is in order, he moves behind his wheel and continues: "We think first of housewives, all these moms in the villages who need to save money to feed their children." While landscapes follow one another on the roadside, the entrepreneur reminds that it has not always been easy to conceive of such perennial business. "To survive here, you need a business plan, I had to analyze the potential of the region. To all this, add a bit of determination and the desire to succeed.

"Whenever I can, I go to Beni Center-Mutwanga in my vehicle. A few years ago, I escaped death on this axis. Today, it is more or less secure, but it is really recent and it does not prevent that sometimes, it is taken in ambushes, as it was my case ". Going through the 40km that separate the two cities, we go through the Virunga Park. "If you look at the left side, there are small dams erected by the military and the right side is the park. There is some kind of tacit cohabitation here, "says Leonard. Indeed, on this axis, small camps and some barriers were built by the Congolese army. "Docta baby, Docta baby, oko tikela bisso mwa soap teh? "(3) exclaim the crossed military to yet another barrier.

"They know me. Usually, I have another vehicle today, as I have this one and they clearly see the posters of our soap, they make their request directly, "said Leonard before pressing the accelerator once the barrier is lifted. "The road infrastructure, the high taxes on local production but especially the poor protection strategies of local industries in relation to the import, all these are obstacles to the good development of companies here, not to mention insecurity", explains he pausing a slight pause while keeping his eyes on the road.

Arrived in Mutwanga, Leonard explains that the factory did not exist two years ago. It was not until 2016 that they were able to produce their very first soap. Today with his associates, the Belgian Michel Defays and the German Matthias Kuntze, he intends to expand his activities. "Everything is produced here, we are in charge of the entire production chain. We have our fields to produce the palm oil we need in soap making »

4 to 5 tons of steam / hour

In Mutwanga, Leonard and his teams do not only deal with soap, there are also cocoa production units (very present in this part of the Congo), vanilla, grown and dried on the spot, as well as the papain and cinchona. Wood is an important resource, they have also planted it to create a cycle and use it as a resource. "At 50% we use eucalyptus and the rest are palm nut shells. Until recently, the hulls of palm nuts were untapped in Congo, today we manage to recover some for our boiler, "says Leonard before continuing:" From here we manage to produce 4 to 5 tons of steam / hour that allow us to feed all sections of the plant. Whether in the reception of raw materials, the management of our tanks and even in the production of soap, we use steam.

Today considered a promising entrepreneur in his region, Leonard Maliona says he does not really hold the secret of success, but a few keys to moving forward. "If I had to give advice to a young person who wants to start, it would be not to be afraid to undertake. But above all to reassure them that in the DRC, one can succeed being something other than politician or employee in an NGO ".

Sicovir now produces nine kinds of soaps. In the long term, Sicovir plans to fill the basket of the housewife but for now, they focus on the flow of soaps and the means to put in place to continue to produce despite the particular security context of Beni and its surroundings.

Quote:
Entreprendre à l'Est du Congo, c’est possible!

A 30 ans, Léonard Maliona est l’un des entrepreneurs les plus en vue de Beni (l'Est du Congo). Après avoir suivi un cursus scolaire à Musienene à Butembo, il s’envole pour Nairobi puis pour Londres. De retour en RDC avec un diplôme d’architecte, il est aujourd’hui aux commandes de plusieurs entreprises et participe à la création de plus d’un millier d’emplois.
https://www.glo-be.be/fr/articles/en...-cest-possible

l'ecclesiaste liked this post
Old May 4th, 2018, 04:22 PM   #678
Umoja

This is a project of our local forumer C-RDCONGO, he isopening up luxury apartment buildings. It's his my first one.They are self contained luxury condominiums.There are two bedroom and bathroom unites that come with a house keeper that attends to you three times a week , or you can request for them to be available 24/7 than there are upper units that are 3 bedrooms with 2.5 bathrooms with local kitchen and American kitchen. Each unite has a parking stall , there will be a community pool and gardening for the residents with also a community lounge. On Saturday and Sunday we will be open to the public for entertainment on the lac Kivu.

Source: C-RDCONGO

l'ecclesiaste liked this post
Old May 10th, 2018, 08:51 PM   #679
Umoja

Kivu Entrepreneurs is the first incubator of private startups in the DRC. Located in Goma, in the North Kivu region, it aims to promote entrepreneurship and thus help local youth to realize its projects.

Thanks to a modern infrastructure and an international network, Kivu Entrepreneurs offers young companies that subscribe to the Incubator a tailor-made coaching, adapted to their needs, and also offers training in English and entrepreneurship through its Academy service. .

The fruit of a collaboration between the Ngangi Fund and Joel Tembo (two very active players in the promotion of youth in Goma), Kivu Entrepreneurs was able to open its doors in October 2017. It is today with the support of the authorities and large local companies that Kivu Entrepreneurs has the opportunity to realize its vision of business development in the city of Goma, whose tumultuous history has not always allowed to exploit its real potential.

Quote:
Kivu Entrepreneurs est le premier incubateur de startups privé de la RDC. Situé à Goma, dans la région du Nord-Kivu, il a pour but de promouvoir l’entrepreneuriat et donc d’aider la jeunesse locale à concrétiser ses projets.

https://www.kivuentrepreneurs.com/
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:21 PM   #680
Umoja

Waxbazar is a Swiss brand of "Afro-European" fashion launched in 2008.
The designer, a Swiss of Congolese origin, offers items made from African fabrics for a European clientele. A mix between tradition and modernity!

Through its creations, the brand Waxbazar invites you to mixity, originality but desires above all to highlight creativity and African know-how.

https://waxbazar.com/a-propos/waxbazar/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement