[Zagreb] - Međunarodna zračna luka Franjo Tuđman - Zagreb | Zagreb International Airport | ZAG - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Hrvatski Forum > Economy and development > Zrakoplovstvo

Zrakoplovstvo Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 25th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #21
Kommandant Mark

Likes (Received): 4

I don't see who would fly on Air Canada flights to Zagreb...there's not that many Croatians here.

Jat Airways may start direct Toronto-Belgrade flights as of June 1st...so thats the only thing I see happening.
Kommandant Mark no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #22
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subangite
Had a talk with a Croatian Embassy official in Kuala Lumpur, he said that Malaysia Airlines do plan to return but that will only be after the airlines internal restructuring. So who knows when they will come back. Malaysia Airlines was the only 5 star airline that served Zagreb (as ranked by Skytrax ) . But I think Emirates will fly to Zagreb way before Malaysia Airlines.

The reason for Malaysia Airlines to fly to Zagreb was to take advantage of the large ex-yugoslav population that lived in Australasia, not only was it popular with Croatians, but it was also popular with Bosnians, Macedonians and others... They are one of the biggest airlines that serve down under.

Back to Zagreb airport, What's going to happen to Camp Pleso??? The army base besides Zagreb Airport, where some NATO forces I think still remain.

Air base stays as it is, Airbase will move some of its operations further south-west of the new airport (about 1000m at most) and new aprons for fighter jets, Military radar installation will also move there, surface to air missiles will be replaced by western models when money becomes available and old ones will be moved to, don't know were though...

New Runway will also be built, about 3200m long and 55m wide, old runway will get enlarged by about 700m, all this with in next 10 years... I spoke to Zagreb Airport Deputy director and he told me all this, I also confirmed some of the military stuff by calling MOD in Zagreb, he he

I'll try to speak to Bosko Matkovich next week when he comes back from Paris, he is attending international airport terminal exhibition and convention, and this is no joke, lol...

I got his personal e-mail so i might send him a e-mail as well, but I'll call him first and see how much can he tell me over the phone...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Last edited by mic of Orion; March 25th, 2006 at 04:37 PM.
mic of Orion no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:02 AM   #23
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant Mark
I don't see who would fly on Air Canada flights to Zagreb...there's not that many Croatians here.

Jat Airways may start direct Toronto-Belgrade flights as of June 1st...so thats the only thing I see happening.
lol, KM, ok, no BS on this threads, DLM and East Sky fine...

If you have a question to ask shoot, no provocation on these threads, this is development thread, be nice...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2006, 04:19 AM   #24
Kommandant Mark

NO, im serious. Why would AC fly to Zagreb? There's no reason.
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:34 AM   #25
SkylineTurbo

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion
Emirates should start its flights either this year letter in the year or early in 2007. For Malaysian I have no clue, but it would be cool if they come back, it is a great airline, JAL of Japan has also started talking to Zagreb Airport for direct Zagreb Tokyo flights, but this are just talks, and nobody knows what will come of that...
I'm not sure about JAL flying to Zagreb, they would probobly codeshare with CA, so you fly from Tokyo - London/Frankfurt with JAL, then London/Frankfurt - Zagreb flying CA. I'm not saying it won't happen, but just time will tell. Zagreb should expect other East Asian carriers like Malaysian or Singapore Airlines (this may also be a codeshare).
SkylineTurbo no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #26
Kommandant Mark

Btw, can anyone confirm that CA just dropped Zadar & Pula flights?
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:37 AM   #27
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

KM, bc there is a market for it, how about that, 500 000 Croats who live in Canada, another 33 million Canadians.

In 2005, 55 000 Canadians Visited Croatia for holiday, 150 000 US Nationals, and this was without direct link, in 2006 something in region of 75-80 000 Canadians are expected to holiday in Croatia, and Zagreb is most popular destination, Dubrovnik Split and Pula thereafter, again with no direct flights.

Now imagine if there was direct link and HTZ actually bothered to Advertise Croatia in Canada and USA, in UK HTZ barely advertised Croatia, in 2005, 225 000 Brits went on Holliday to Croatia, more than Bulgaria which is heavily advertised, and only now HTZ plans to do advertising on TV starting with tourist season in 2007, most British tour operators now estimate growth of British visitors to Croatia and number of visitors might rich 1 million before the decades end.

US market will almost double in 2007 and 250 000 visitors from that country are expected in Croatia in 2007, this is booking only, same as with Canadians, most will go to Zagreb first, Dubrovnik and other cities thereafter. Zagreb had 585 000 foreign visitors in 2005, 1.25 million nights spent in city hotels, and substantial increase in number of visitors was from NA, this is still way below 1 million mark City had in 1990, but it is approaching this figure rapidly, as to day visitors Zagreb had over 1.8 million day visitors, Austrian, Italian, Hungarian, Slovene and German being most in numbers.

Now I think I have extensively answered to your question, try to be nice...

Last edited by mic of Orion; December 27th, 2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #28
Kommandant Mark

Well, if you say so. For half a million Croatians in Canada, surely you'd expect to see at least ONE Croatian-owned store, restaurant, or business in its biggest and most important city, Toronto? Even Slovenes have one.

For example, new-old Serbian football club "White Eagles" will soon join Canada's strongest football league, and you can buy season tickets at the following locations

Toronto

3 brothers café restaurant 657 The Queensway 416.253.8809
Zarija Pastry & café 1622 Bloor St. W. 416.516.6826
Jolly café 165 Dufferin St. 416.538.3662
ZAM Restaurant 1340 The Queensway 416.252.0170
Nina Delicatessen 140 O’Connor 416.422.1039
Royal Meat 3635 Cawthra Rd. 905.279.3261
Mercator 2046 Sheppard Ave. E. 416.916.4066
Red Violin 95 Danforth Ave. 416.465.0969
Rixo fast food 134 O'Connor Dr. 416.425.3718
News café 328 Dupont St.. 416.924.1511
Madera restaurant 836 Danforth Ave. 416.465.2653
Dixie center Srpska crkva na Dixie St. 416.455.4964
Kontakt café 715 The Queensway 416.201-9815
Kosutnjak Men’s hairstylist 478 Roncesvalle Ave. 416.5342608
Orkestar Dragana Maklenova 905.304.3483

Thats just a drop in the ocean.
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:52 AM   #29
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

KM, what did I say, no such BS. I don't care how many Serbian stores there are in Toronto, and you seem to be the least trustworthy resource for any information on these forums, no more this nationalistic BS, I told you, DLM and EE Sky bar is fine, on Development threads, you can get only briged if you persist...

You know me well by now to know where the line is drawn...

Last edited by mic of Orion; December 27th, 2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #30
Kommandant Mark

No, I'm just frustrated that I haven't been able to find a single Croatian store in my eight years here...apart from some meat shop/farm called "Livno" way out west in Milton.

Russian there are many in the norther borders of the city, Ukrainian here & there, pile of Polish stores out west , Serbian stores alongside Polish in the west-side and Greek in the east...I've even located two Bosnian stores and just two weekend ago, had a wiener schnitzel and a "staropramen" beer at Czech "Prague Deli" on Queen St.

No single Croatian store...yet according to some, Air Canada may fly to Zagreb, while at the same time cities like Warsaw, Kiev, Moscow, Prague, Belgrade, etc are neglected

You do know, that if someone said Spain's Iberian or Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific annnounced flights to Zagreb, I wouldn't say a thing. But I live in Canada, and know the situation on the ground.
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #31
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

KM, this is not my problem, perhaps you should try and talk to AC, but desist from political mumbo-jumbo here.
And I'm not one who said this, it was Sky line and I trust him more any day...
If you have constructive argument to put do it, but avoid nationalist bs and politics, this thread is about Zagreb airport and not Serb stores in Toronto, stick to the topic...

You want to change topic, go to DLM, I'd be happy to argue you there, here you are wasting posts, this is development thread, posts do count as does the limit of this thread (500-520 posts), I don't want to be rude, but no more posts unless you have constructive argument about Zagreb Airport...

Old March 25th, 2006, 05:13 AM   #32
Kommandant Mark

Ooops, this is the thread about the airport...I thoght it was EE aviation thread
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:00 AM   #33
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineTurbo
I'm not sure about JAL flying to Zagreb, they would probobly codeshare with CA, so you fly from Tokyo - London/Frankfurt with JAL, then London/Frankfurt - Zagreb flying CA. I'm not saying it won't happen, but just time will tell. Zagreb should expect other East Asian carriers like Malaysian or Singapore Airlines (this may also be a codeshare).
totally agree, don't know what is going I just read it and heard somewhere, as to JAL flying to Zagreb I strongly doubt that, it is probably code-share as you said, Singapore naa, I don't think they going to fly Zagreb it would be nice, but they are not flying to many European Destinations, I think Paris, Frankfurt and London, I culd be wrong...

Last edited by mic of Orion; December 27th, 2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old March 25th, 2006, 06:02 AM   #34
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant Mark
Btw, can anyone confirm that CA just dropped Zadar & Pula flights?

What do you mean dropped Pula and Zadar flights, CA flies to these cities with ATR42, dropped flights from where?

Old March 25th, 2006, 06:58 AM   #35
Krasna Sreča
Sara je vo(Sarah is bull)

Likes (Received): 47

that cant be good.
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #36
Coffee Stain

Likes (Received): 2

Question?

My question is to KM...what part of Canada do you live in??? Trust me there are many croatian stores, community centres,delis,and what not in the GTA area, especially around the Oakville/Mississauga west end part of the city...this is where most of the croatian community in Toronto is. There are also scattered croatian stores in other parts of the city.....there is even a Croatia Street around Jameson and Bloor if you need any help finding any croatian stores ask me il try to get you a list
Coffee Stain no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #37
Kommandant Mark

Awesome!
Please do
Old March 25th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #38
Tomesh
insatiable

Likes (Received): 0

I wonder how KM would do as an airline CEO (for Air Canada for example)opening new routes, measuring feasibility and markets according to the density of deli stores in Toronto from the country they should fly to - interesting strategy

BTW The airport is very nice and I actually do see traffic to increase in Zagreb in the next years
Tomesh no está en línea  
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:05 PM   #39
Krasna Sreča
Sara je vo(Sarah is bull)

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Stain
My question is to KM...what part of Canada do you live in??? Trust me there are many croatian stores, community centres,delis,and what not in the GTA area, especially around the Oakville/Mississauga west end part of the city...this is where most of the croatian community in Toronto is. There are also scattered croatian stores in other parts of the city.....there is even a Croatia Street around Jameson and Bloor if you need any help finding any croatian stores ask me il try to get you a list
True there is a lot of Croat stores in CA, but in Toronto where KM is, there is more Serbian ones for a fact.

I think last time I went on a visit to Canada I did go into a croat owned store up in Vancouver, but lol there were more chinese stores then croat and serbian.
Old March 26th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #40
zivan56

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arêteixion
True there is a lot of Croat stores in CA, but in Toronto where KM is, there is more Serbian ones for a fact.

I think last time I went on a visit to Canada I did go into a croat owned store up in Vancouver, but lol there were more chinese stores then croat and serbian.
There are quite a few, Sena Travel, Zagreb Imports, etc..there is also a huge Croatian Cultural Centre as well. There are even more which are not really ethnic at all (they usually have products from all over ex-YU). Most of them are in Burnaby, but there are a few in Vancouver (can't remember names atm, they are deli's, general stores, travel, etc).
zivan56 no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread