Mumbai | Coastal Road (Western Freeway) - Page 34 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Highways and Bridges

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2019, 05:00 PM   #661
fanboy111

Likes (Received): 3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboy111 View Post
Great, a much needed project delayed by probably a year because of these high five activists who marvel at Other nations infrastructure and fight against development at home.

India desperately needs to cut judiciary to its size, SC must be weakened considerably.
While I stand by this comment in general, in this particular case it is now clear the fault seems to lie more with BMC. You cannot fault court for doing their job, if BMC did not get all approvals then of course they would have to wait and delay the construction. High five activists are against all the projects, but this was the only case they were technically right. BMC as usual shows why its completely undeserving of running Mumbai.

PrimusUrbisIndis liked this post
fanboy111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2019, 08:25 PM   #662
PrimusUrbisIndis

Likes (Received): 3128

IIRC, the coastal road was mooted as the "Poor Man's Sealink", because the WHASL and HAMHSL (along with a further tunnel under Malabar Hill till Marine Drive), as southern extensions of BWSL, were scrapped for being too expensive (and too ambitious, according to some!!!)...but now it seems like the Coastal Road, if it does mange to get built, will be even more expensive, after accounting for original and future delays as well as inflation!!!

Dunno (and don't care) if BMC is smart or idiotic, but eventually, it is the city that will be the biggest loser!!!
PrimusUrbisIndis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #663
fanboy111

Likes (Received): 3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimusUrbisIndis View Post
IIRC, the coastal road was mooted as the "Poor Man's Sealink", because the WHASL and HAMHSL (along with a further tunnel under Malabar Hill till Marine Drive), as southern extensions of BWSL, were scrapped for being too expensive (and too ambitious, according to some!!!)...but now it seems like the Coastal Road, if it does mange to get built, will be even more expensive, after accounting for original and future delays as well as inflation!!!

Dunno (and don't care) if BMC is smart or idiotic, but eventually, it is the city that will be the biggest loser!!!
I genuinely don't understand why BMC cannot complete even a single project without shenanigans. I mean compare BMC with the brisk pace at which MMRDA is working.
fanboy111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #664
techmania

Likes (Received): 48

Think about why green tribunal was made by maino.
But the blame is on modi and fadanvis. And it should be.
What has modi done to overcome this green nonsense tribunal.
There is no sc wessey in front of legislation done by people representatives.
The maha govt should put an immediate ordinance and vidhan mandal should immediately introduce bill in sabha amd get it passed. Overrule HC. No need to hear from some idiotic non answerable judges. Did people of india choose the judges? No. They are a private club run by self appointed people. The lok sabha must be given power to appoint judges - with full approval from govt, lop, and house head. Must be full consensus. The lop must consent. This is for protection in case maino types come back in power and appoint errant judges.

Mumbai has suffered mainly due to congress ncp third rate govt. They did nothing. Only fadnavis is doing something. But its too late. It will take time. And then these green buggers will eat meat and say they love animals.

Aryaved liked this post
techmania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #665
PrimusUrbisIndis

Likes (Received): 3128

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboy111 View Post
I genuinely don't understand why BMC cannot complete even a single project without shenanigans. I mean compare BMC with the brisk pace at which MMRDA is working.
Because BMC is a political body, while MMRDA is an administrative body!!!
PrimusUrbisIndis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement