Sugar Wharf | 298-118 metres, 6 towers | South core | 90 + 87 + 77 + 70 + 64 + 25 FLOORS - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Ontario > Local Forums > Toronto > Toronto Developments

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 11th, 2018, 06:41 AM   #1
gan4volta

Likes (Received): 736

Sugar Wharf | 298-118 metres, 6 towers | South core | 90 + 87 + 77 + 70 + 64 + 25 FLOORS

This is on the LCBO property at 55 Lake Shore Blvd. E.

Currently, the tower heights are:

1 - 298.1 metres, 90 floors
2 - 289.1 metres, 87 floors
3 - 259.7 metres, 77 floors
4 - 230.2 metres, 70 floors
5 - 218.4 metres, 64 floors
Office - 117.8 metres, 25 floors (Under Construction)

Diagram: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=79898968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
the render of the phase currently being built:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
By me today:

Source: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=231577&page=2

-J.W.Goethe

isaidso, The Eagle, Singaling, Sasha 74 liked this post

Last edited by gan4volta; March 21st, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
gan4volta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2018, 07:19 PM   #2
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 14596

I don't have high hopes for this one but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 05:13 AM   #3
Abhishek901

Likes (Received): 1462

The renders look fine, they are not boxy and the balconies run unbroken throughout the floor like Ice Condos or Massey.

Singaling liked this post
Abhishek901 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2018, 05:56 AM   #4
isaidso
the new republic

I always hope for more than 'fine' and sick to death of this aesthetic. If I don't see another for 100 years it will be too soon.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
Old September 12th, 2018, 04:36 PM   #5
Abhishek901

Given the kind of condos we have got in last 15 years, even a "fine" condo is welcome.
Old September 12th, 2018, 05:36 PM   #6
isaidso
the new republic

I haven't thrown in the towel. I feel like we're close to turning the corner design wise but this proposal suggests we haven't gotten there yet.

Old March 9th, 2019, 08:45 PM   #7
ushahid

Likes (Received): 3538

pic by jasonzed at UT
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...174742&slide=0

ushahid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2019, 05:14 AM   #8
Singaling
Interstellar Yet Local

Likes (Received): 31

Which tower is going up first? And will they be built in succession, or in phases over many years? This is an exciting project and it's great to see it underway.
Old March 10th, 2019, 05:21 AM   #9
Singaling
Interstellar Yet Local

I love this project. It's amazing to me that Toronto has basically been catching up to Chicago in some ways. To the best of my knowledge, Chicago has 33 200 metre towers including 1 under construction. Toronto has 20 plus at least 12 under construction on undergoing site prep. It could be more because it's hard to totally keep track of them all, but we are really growing and there are dozens more approved and proposed. If this keeps up in several years we could be the number 2 city of skyscrapers in North America. It's pretty incredible. Although, Chicago still has about a 3rd more 150 towers than us, so it might be a while yet. Still, with projects like this we are starting to catch up.

ushahid liked this post
Singaling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2019, 05:39 AM   #10
ushahid

Likes (Received): 3538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaling View Post
Which tower is going up first? And will they be built in succession, or in phases over many years? This is an exciting project and it's great to see it underway.
these two towers are going up first. they are 230m and 218m

phase 2 is the three taller towers.

ushahid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2019, 07:31 AM   #11
Singaling
Interstellar Yet Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushahid View Post
these two towers are going up first. they are 230m and 218m

phase 2 is the three taller towers.

Thank you for clarifying this. This is great. I love that so many of the towers just getting started are 200 metre towers. I think once the ones already completed and u/c are completed we will then have more 200 metre tall or higher towers (40) than Chicago. Just amazing! With dozens more approved and proposed. Thanks.

I had to edit my post. It's already dated, lol. Toronto now has at least 40 towers 200 metres or taller completed or u/c.

Last edited by Singaling; March 10th, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
Singaling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2019, 10:20 PM   #12
Abhishek901

I think your previous number was correct. There are 32 such building built or under construction. 40 seems like a stretch.

Old March 12th, 2019, 11:55 PM   #13
Stringpicker

Likes (Received): 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek901 View Post
I think your previous number was correct. There are 32 such building built or under construction. 40 seems like a stretch.
I count 34 buildings completed and u/c over 200m for Chicago and 31 buildings completed and u/c over 200m for Toronto. I'm not counting the CN Tower because technically its a communication tower, not a building. There's not much doubt Toronto will soon surpass Chicago in this category, however; Chicago has 5 legitimate supertalls and two more buildings with spires that put them over the 300m mark. The 5 I consider legitimate supertalls surpass the 300m mark by anywhere from 50m to 144m. I guess the upside for Toronto is that we have one supertall under construction now despite the fact that it was reduced from 343m down to 308.6m before construction began.

Stringpicker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:54 AM   #14
Abhishek901

In your previous post you mentioned Toronto has 40 such buildings built or u/c. So it should be 31 for Toronto, right?
Old March 13th, 2019, 09:41 PM   #15
Mercenary

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek901 View Post
In your previous post you mentioned Toronto has 40 such buildings built or u/c. So it should be 31 for Toronto, right?
Toronto has 27 Buildings under construction which are over 150meters

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/comp...t=Show+Results
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 02:44 AM   #16
isaidso
the new republic

SSP lists 35 buildings under construction although they're including those in site prep. The number bumps up to 37 if you include Mississauga. Built + Under Construction + Site Prep the number is 97 or 102 including Mississauga.

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?

Old March 14th, 2019, 04:04 AM   #17
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
SSP lists 35 buildings under construction although they're including those in site prep. The number bumps up to 37 if you include Mississauga. Built + Under Construction + Site Prep the number is 97 or 102 including Mississauga.

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?
Skyscrapercenter is more accurate.

Number of buildings under construction is 27, there are others which are going through site prep but a building is officially under construction when the construction crane is installed.
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:54 AM   #18
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
Skyscrapercenter is more accurate.

Number of buildings under construction is 27, there are others which are going through site prep but a building is officially under construction when the construction crane is installed.
It's more accurate in the sense that they follow the industry definition of 'under construction'. The 37 SSP lists is an accurate count for under construction + site prep. When using the SSP database one just needs to keep that in mind.

Skyscrapercenter used to be terrible at ensuring data was current so stopped using it. Has it improved?

Old March 14th, 2019, 07:03 AM   #19
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
It's more accurate in the sense that they follow the industry definition of 'under construction'. The 37 SSP lists is an accurate count for under construction + site prep. When using the SSP database one just needs to keep that in mind.

Skyscrapercenter used to be terrible at ensuring data was current so stopped using it. Has it improved?
It offers much more granular detail and you are able to sort and filter to gather the infromation you want.

I update the wikipedia pages of list of tallest buildings in toronto and list of cities with the most skyscrapers. So I constantly refer to skyscrapercenter as an official guide.
Old March 14th, 2019, 08:15 PM   #20
Abhishek901

Could you also please add the buildings from 150 to 153 m range when you update the page next? There are 5-6 such buildings in that range and I am not sure why we are sticking to 500 ft as a cut off instead of 150 m for this page.

Also, how about adding buildings undergoing site prep in under construction section and mentioning that in comments? Or may be another section for buildings undergoing site prep?

I also noticed that the page for tallest buildings in Canada includes buildings still under construction while we include only completed buildings for city lists.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
toronto, toronto city