KL ECO CITY | Kuala Lumpur ( Pantai / Jalan Bangsar ) | 56 fl, 50 fl x 2, 46 fl x 2, 42 fl x 2, 36 fl x 2, 32 fl, 17 fl x 4, 16 fl x 2 | U/C - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:17 AM   #21
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 7

Ya lor..all these condo only benefit tok sheikh to sheikh from middle east and expats....almost impossible for locals to buy. In the end, our own people susah...
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM   #22
OshHisham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
This is extremely sad. So many Kampungs demolished already to make way for development. Where will these people go? Giving them low cost flats is no solution. A Kampung is not a slum, it's a proper housing, although low standard. I hope they do never touch Kampung Baru now.
a kampung like those in malacca is what a kampung should be. a clean, neat with an environment-aware occupants...this one should be protected since it has 'value'

but this kampung(abdullah hukum), people living there don't know how to make their house looks better and how to make their surrounding clean and tidy, still you want them to stay?

the responsible to live in a proper environment/house is not 100% carried by government. this is what typical malaysian thinks...

as i said if they cannot survive, give way to those who can!

and humans are not born to be poor for whole life. living in kampung doesn't mean you have to be poor. Tan Sri Azman Hashim is the best example, raised in kampung baru and now one of prominent figure in malaysia's corporate world.

susah senang...that's their fate made by themselves!
OshHisham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:53 AM   #23
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15567

by prakashdaniel

nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2007, 08:51 AM   #24
forrestcat

OMG...it really looks like a kampung ..kinda sad to see such scenes disappearing from KL.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:54 PM   #25
teckkang
Architect at KL

Likes (Received): 235

wow, with this project and midvalley city, this area with KL sentral and TM tower is definitely going to be another KL city core. But sadly the kampung will hav to go away.

My Flickr Photo Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvinpoh/
teckkang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM   #26
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 6

Abdullah Hukum is one damn ugly kampung... eyesore I would say...

- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM   #27
alsen
Celebrity Fitness

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastresorter View Post
Abdullah Hukum is one damn ugly kampung... eyesore I would say...
couldnt agree more..i'm glad they want to replace that area with more 'life'.

Well done is better than well said... Benjamin franklin
alsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:15 AM   #28
Leeigh

Likes (Received): 4

well kampung is nice and sweet but slum is another story..
Leeigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:23 AM   #29
SEAfan
mumbling imprecations

Likes (Received): 19

Hhmmm ... I'm tempted to go along with Greg, and seeing the old homes Nazrey posted just above I'm even more ready to do so. True, people should not be expecting handouts from the government to keep their homes in good repair, but still ... Reading the interviews at the top of the page it's clear that many of the soon-to-be evacuees are working hard to make a living.

Seeing the photo posted by Nazrey at the bottom of the previous page, though, makes it clear that the fate of this area is inevitable: demolition and new projects. There's only a narrow strip of old buildings left, and glassy tall buildings are squeezing the ramshackle wooden houses tighter and tighter. It almost looks like two glass armies marching towards each other, ready to stomp out the entire place. Soon the two glass armies will meet without battle, but with the loss of another bit of Malaysian history.

Last edited by SEAfan; August 22nd, 2007 at 03:29 AM.
SEAfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:08 AM   #30
OshHisham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeigh View Post
well kampung is nice and sweet but slum is another story..
it is not a slum, leeigh. i fact it is a house lot. so the owners are the original owners. and what i heard all of them will get one condo which will be built on that area...
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:24 AM   #31
OshHisham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAfan View Post
It almost looks like two glass armies marching towards each other, ready to stomp out the entire place. Soon the two glass armies will meet without battle, but with the loss of another bit of Malaysian history.
i think you have been too emotional in this issue. there is no 'battle' between the rich and the poor. and also no war between modern and traditional.

the history will always be there, people know the 'Abdullah Hukum family' pioneered the land and whether the kampung will be replaced by condos or shopping center, that's not the problem. take Masjid Jamek area for example, when Yap Ah Loy open the land for tin mining trading center, it was a kampung also, the Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad also sits on a kampung too, but can we said it as a 'lost history'?

for KL, the Kampung Baru alone is enough to be stayed as what they are. people can be too emotional, and sometimes hypocrite too. same case with singapore old HDB flats which one by one will be replaced with luxury condos...it is not a matter of rich vs poor lah. people's lifestyle always need changes. do you expect in next 10 years we should stay in a 2 room house as what our parents used to live in the last 30 years? i cannot see it in such case.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:02 AM   #32
haze

Likes (Received): 9

kg baru cukup la. no need the rest.
haze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:13 PM   #33
haze

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
New/First option?
posted by patchay

ist it for this one ?

source http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp

SP Setia and DBKL to pay squatters RM3.6m in compensation

Email us your feedback at [email protected]

S P Setia Bhd has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) to pay a RM3.6 million compensation to a maximum of 600 squatter families occupying state and private land in Kuala Lumpur.

In a statement to Bursa Malaysia yesterday, S P Setia said its subsidiary, Pelita Dunia Sdn Bhd (Pelita), had agreed to pay RM6,000 to each family pursuant to a proposal made to DBKL to develop the said land into a mixed residential and commercial development as a privatisation joint-venture project.

“DBKL upon receipt of the compensation will pay to the squatter families in the manner he deems fit and relocate them to low medium cost high rise residential units located near the said land, which was developed by DBKL,” the company said.

S P Setia and DBKL would also execute a privatisation agreement within two years from the date of the MoU, it added.

It also said that DBKL had agreed in principle that the project would be carried out subject to approval from the appropriate authorities for the state land to be alienated to DBKL, payment of land premium of the alienated land by Pelita within the prescribed time, and the completion of the purchase and payment of the private land by Pelita.
haze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:30 PM   #34
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15567

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze View Post
ist it for this one ?

source http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp

SP Setia and DBKL to pay squatters RM3.6m in compensation

Email us your feedback at [email protected]

S P Setia Bhd has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) to pay a RM3.6 million compensation to a maximum of 600 squatter families occupying state and private land in Kuala Lumpur.

In a statement to Bursa Malaysia yesterday, S P Setia said its subsidiary, Pelita Dunia Sdn Bhd (Pelita), had agreed to pay RM6,000 to each family pursuant to a proposal made to DBKL to develop the said land into a mixed residential and commercial development as a privatisation joint-venture project.

“DBKL upon receipt of the compensation will pay to the squatter families in the manner he deems fit and relocate them to low medium cost high rise residential units located near the said land, which was developed by DBKL,” the company said.

S P Setia and DBKL would also execute a privatisation agreement within two years from the date of the MoU, it added.

It also said that DBKL had agreed in principle that the project would be carried out subject to approval from the appropriate authorities for the state land to be alienated to DBKL, payment of land premium of the alienated land by Pelita within the prescribed time, and the completion of the purchase and payment of the private land by Pelita.
!!!...
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM   #35
patchay

Likes (Received): 1528

I have a feeling it is !!!

Why?

Recent SP Setia projects have the word "ECO" such as Setia EcoCity in Johor, EcoLakes in Vietnam, Setia EcoPark in Shah Alam.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:03 AM   #36
Geminian

Likes (Received): 2

No need to be so sentimental regarding this kampung, Malaysia have a lot of this kampungs.Let KL be a metropolis and the kampungs can stay where they should be in quaint towns and at the fringe of cities.Thats what balik kampung means.A kampung in cities will not be called a kampung anymore it call an eyesore.
Geminian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:45 AM   #37
teckkang
Architect at KL

how tall will be the tallest one? 70-storey?

My Flickr Photo Page
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM   #38
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 85

supertall kut
Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:07 PM   #39
teckkang
Architect at KL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedang View Post
supertall kut
mungkin kut

My Flickr Photo Page
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #40
argory

Likes (Received): 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshkoshbgood View Post
i think you have been too emotional in this issue. there is no 'battle' between the rich and the poor. and also no war between modern and traditional.

the history will always be there, people know the 'Abdullah Hukum family' pioneered the land and whether the kampung will be replaced by condos or shopping center, that's not the problem. take Masjid Jamek area for example, when Yap Ah Loy open the land for tin mining trading center, it was a kampung also, the Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad also sits on a kampung too, but can we said it as a 'lost history'?

for KL, the Kampung Baru alone is enough to be stayed as what they are. people can be too emotional, and sometimes hypocrite too. same case with singapore old HDB flats which one by one will be replaced with luxury condos...it is not a matter of rich vs poor lah. people's lifestyle always need changes. do you expect in next 10 years we should stay in a 2 room house as what our parents used to live in the last 30 years? i cannot see it in such case.
I don’t think SEAfan was being emotional, but very rational in fact, a lot more than you at least.

I think many people including myself, would love to see that place developed because it lies as nothing more that an eyesore now – kampong turned slum. I never liked looking at it when I take the commuter train or the LRT and am actually looking forward to the new project.

But what struck me recently was this place is 200 years old (according to the papers) and predates KL even! This place apparently ties in with the founding of KL although till today the exact events of the founding are quite unclear. But you seem to be quite certain that Yap Ah Loy cleared a kampung in KL and opened up a trading centre? However I gather that he was actually the third Kapitan Cina in KL and there were others before him who set up the town.

It is also because people with similar unemotional (or uncultured) approaches to history that KL lost countless shophouses in the 60’ to senseless and horrid renovations and structures. They probably thought that they “had to move with the time”. To them shophouses were probably only about 60 -80 years old then and were more excited to raise the skyline of the capital city than preserve these reminders for the future. The worst part is that it is still happening! Experiencing and seeing a historical building/ site is extremely different from reading about it from a book. So even if people know about history as you exclaimed “the history will always be there”, you have still lost an essential part of it.

SEAfan mentioned that development is inevitable there and I couldn’t agree more. But that Osh, doesn’t mean that it can be labeled insignificant enough to be least bothered about it. It would be good that whatever development which comes into that site incorporates a minor tribute to the kampong. At least the LRT station will not be renamed a corny “eco-city” or whatever.

Last edited by argory; August 24th, 2007 at 05:26 AM.
argory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement