Construction Web Cams - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 29th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #101
Doomgoggles
Unregistered non-user

Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by fechang View Post
Two huge projects depend on this little garage not failing...

Honda/Toyota of Seattle in SODO
How/why would it fail?
Doomgoggles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #102
geoffloftus
Co-Czar

Likes (Received): 24150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomgoggles View Post
How/why would it fail?
Wondering the same thing...
geoffloftus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #103
fechang

Likes (Received): 240

Err... I didn't mean to imply it might fail. It looks to be on track.
fechang está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2015, 01:22 AM   #104
horatio_the_hermit

Likes (Received): 289

Not a new webcam at all, but the space needle cam website just massively improved its resolution and interface today so you can now look in any direction at any time (15 minute lag tops).

http://www.spaceneedle.com/webcam/
Old February 21st, 2015, 03:06 AM   #105
Bron yr aur
Dense makes sense

Likes (Received): 204

This is basically the same thing, just a preference issue on the features. I have a macbook pro and I like this site better because the other sites zoom feature is way too sensitive, if I move even a half a millimeter on my mouse pad it goes to full zoom, hard to control, also more days in the archives, its been around since Oct. 16th 2014, at least that's how far back the archived pics go.

Since this is my first post I can't post url links hence the lack of a link, just paste in spaceneedle.roundshot.ch/35mm.

I've enjoyed this forum for several years. I really like the many members comments, insights and passion for the Puget Sound area. I went to school in the 80's at Mariner High in Everett. I loved the building boom then, I always got a rush as downtown came into view on I-5 seeing all the vertical ascent. I'm loving this building boom just as much. Exciting times for Seattle. The plan in to retire in the region in nine years. Currently residing in Boise, ID.

geoffloftus liked this post

Last edited by Bron yr aur; February 21st, 2015 at 03:15 AM.
Bron yr aur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #106
fechang

It looks like the 2030 8th webcam (http://oxblue.com/open/sellenconstruction/8thavenue, already posted earlier) had it zoomed out this month, so they may keep using the same one for the second building. And as a bonus you can also see all three Amazon lots.

LCIII, 12th man liked this post
Old April 25th, 2015, 05:51 AM   #107
testdrive

Likes (Received): 2024

So who do we have to talk to, to get one or two more cams on the Amazon tower? There is nothing for their second tower and soon their third tower. Get a record of this Bezos! You just made $5 billion today buy 2 cameras.
testdrive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:06 AM   #108
CityView Jim

Likes (Received): 2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
So who do we have to talk to, to get one or two more cams on the Amazon tower? There is nothing for their second tower and soon their third tower. Get a record of this Bezos! You just made $5 billion today buy 2 cameras.
We've got a posse of excellent photographers that will give you better detail damn-near on a weekly basis. Not up to the minute, but fine representation!

geoffloftus liked this post
CityView Jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #109
testdrive

This is true but it makes me wonder what motivates some projects to do that and others not to particularly in this case with the size of the project. It is interesting from time to time to see what is going on at odd hours of the day plus they usually provide the time lapse feature.
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #110
CityView Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
This is true but it makes me wonder what motivates some projects to do that and others not to particularly in this case with the size of the project. It is interesting from time to time to see what is going on at odd hours of the day plus they usually provide the time lapse feature.
Oh I totally agree that they're fun and also am curious how some get and some do not get the camera coverage.

Some on here have interest in the product. I have more of an interest in the process and love to watch the construction from demo to ribbon-cutting.

Vashon is one of my favorite photographers because he really gets in there and takes odd little detail pics of the in-process as well as the detail of the finishes as completed.

Geoffloftus ia our local "fair-weather photographer." That is, if he's in town and it's nice out, expect a compilation of the latest goings-on in the area. Also our primo "eye-in-the-sky" as he takes some nifty snaps on airport approaches over downtown.

Many others that specialize, too. Our Eastsiders, our Danger-Shot Boys (names committed to protect their identities!), and even the casual "I-Snapped-This-On-My-Way-Home" Group.

Thanks again to all!
Old April 25th, 2015, 08:47 PM   #111
geoffloftus
Co-Czar

Ruffhauser is also great with photo updates (although he doesn't seem to be getting out as much as he did maybe a year or two ago).
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:12 PM   #112
testdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityView Jim View Post
Oh I totally agree that they're fun and also am curious how some get and some do not get the camera coverage.

Some on here have interest in the product. I have more of an interest in the process and love to watch the construction from demo to ribbon-cutting.

Vashon is one of my favorite photographers because he really gets in there and takes odd little detail pics of the in-process as well as the detail of the finishes as completed.

Geoffloftus ia our local "fair-weather photographer." That is, if he's in town and it's nice out, expect a compilation of the latest goings-on in the area. Also our primo "eye-in-the-sky" as he takes some nifty snaps on airport approaches over downtown.

Many others that specialize, too. Our Eastsiders, our Danger-Shot Boys (names committed to protect their identities!), and even the casual "I-Snapped-This-On-My-Way-Home" Group.

Thanks again to all!
Ditto
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #113
CityView Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffloftus View Post
Ruffhauser is also great with photo updates (although he doesn't seem to be getting out as much as he did maybe a year or two ago).
I save my praise toward him for his daily publishings of all things pertinent from the DJC!

geoffloftus, Ruffhauser liked this post
Old April 26th, 2015, 06:45 AM   #114
geoffloftus
Co-Czar

Quote:
I save my praise toward him for his daily publishings of all things pertinent from the DJC!
That too!
Old April 26th, 2015, 06:50 AM   #115
Doomgoggles
Unregistered non-user

Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
We've got a posse of excellent photographers that will give you better detail damn-near on a weekly basis. Not up to the minute, but fine representation!
For progress updates, I agree that the photos are better. What I enjoy about construction cams is the ability to go back AFTER the project is completed or topped out and watch a timelapse of the construction from a fixed angle.

LCIII, velciane liked this post
Doomgoggles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 03:55 AM   #116
testdrive

Saw this construction cam of where they are repairing Bertha
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #117
Ruffhauser
Correspondent

Likes (Received): 10643

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffloftus View Post
Ha; I'll be honest; its different now with the new people on the board taking construction pictures. I'm not as curious about where all the projects stand as I was a couple years back. I don't need to be, thanks to everyone here, and this site is better for it.

Doomgoggles, geoffloftus liked this post
Ruffhauser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 01:48 AM   #118
Bron yr aur
Dense makes sense

Likes (Received): 204

Here's the new webcam link for The Mark. http://oxblue.com/open/DRE/TheMark

testdrive, CityView Jim, D Green liked this post
Bron yr aur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2015, 09:07 AM   #119
D Green

Likes (Received): 716

Thats going to be a fun cam to watch as it goes. I assume they will raise the camera as it rises?
D Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2015, 10:33 PM   #120
fechang

2nd & Pine:
http://www.workzonecam.com/projects/...ne/workzonecam

seattleskyline liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement