#Park Inn Sandton - 7F - Hotel - Sandton | Complete - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > South Africa > Regional Development and Discussion > Gauteng > Johannesburg > Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #1
Die Kapenaar

Likes (Received): 1

#Park Inn Sandton - 7F - Hotel - Sandton | Complete

Name: Park Inn Sandton
Use: Hotel
Floors: 7

New R280m hotel for Sandton

Rezidor Hotel Group

10 June 2009

Rezidor to open 270-bed hotel in Johannesburg's "richest square mile" in time for 2010 soccer games

Announcement

New Hotel Property announced in ‘Africa's Richest Square Mile'. Here is the company statement:

The Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the fastest growing hotel companies worldwide, today announces the Park Inn Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa; located on a prime site on Katherine Street within ‘Africa's Richest Square Mile.' The property, estimated at an investment value of R280 million, will feature 270 rooms and is scheduled to open in 2010.

The Park Inn Sandton will feature the hotel brand's signature restaurant RBG (Red Bar & Grill), meeting facilities (including three meeting rooms as well as a two large conference rooms, an outdoor swimming pool (with a bar and terrace) and a fitness facility.

"This signing brings our portfolio on the African continent to 28 hotels; seven of them in South Africa alone where we see a huge potential. Sandton is home to two Radisson Blu properties - the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, which opened earlier this year, and the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton Central that will open early next year," comments Kurt Ritter, President & CEO of Rezidor.

Andrew McLachlan, Rezidor's Vice President Business Development Africa & Indian Ocean Islands, says: "Park Inn is the fastest growing brand in Rezidor's stable, which also includes the brands Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Missoni, Regent Hotels & Resorts and Country Inn & Suites".

Park Inn Sandton is owned by Newcity Group, a South African company formed in 1983 that is breaking new ground in the innovation and style of commercial, warehouse, retail, industrial developments and more recently hotel development. "We are delighted to partner with such an important international hotel company like Rezidor and their exciting Park Inn brand because of its outstanding quality and services that is renowned in the industry. Our companies share a common vision that will make the Park Inn Sandton the hotel of choice in the mid-market category in Sandton," says Chaim Cohen, CEO of Newcity Group.

Andrew McLachlan adds: "Park Inn is an efficient and innovative mid-market, full service hotel brand. As Rezidor's fastest growing brand, Park Inn reached a portfolio of 100 hotels in less than 5 years. Already our second largest brand, Park Inn features a total of over 22,000 rooms across Europe, Middle East and Africa in operation and development. As a value-driven and flexible concept with the most striking new brand identity in the current hotel market, Park Inn promises to be the best in its class, the hotel of choice in the mid-market segment. Park Inn hotels focus on "mastering the essentials" better than anyone else within the same market. Spotlessly clean, easy to use and safe, Park Inn hotels are youthful, colorful, energetic and fun, with a warm and casual Yes I Can! service approach. The brand is deeply committed to providing the key essential of any hotel experience: a good night's sleep - in fact, the best sleep in town".

Last edited by Die Kapenaar; June 20th, 2009 at 12:46 AM.
Die Kapenaar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:00 AM   #2
dysan1
More development

Likes (Received): 2551

Nice simple design, they are def putting a big focus on sa
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:53 AM   #3
e22sky

Likes (Received): 5320

nice!!!
visual work 3 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/eniomonteiro/
e22sky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Gulivar

Likes (Received): 0

And with all these hotels, there's still a shortage of rooms nationwide?
Gulivar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Reggae Boyz Ja

Why cant they start building new hotels in the CBD? Sandton is robbing all the potential in the CBD in terms of tourism and spending
Reggae Boyz Ja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #6
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

Likes (Received): 126

they must first enforce the bylaws then hotels will certainly come back to the CBD, a good example is Mapungubwe. Imagine what the bylaws enforcement will do to the Park Station area as it is the transportation hub of Jozi.
Old June 26th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #7
Reggae Boyz Ja

I think they should have put this hotel right beside Joubert Park, all they need to do is make-over the park to be as nice as central park. And everything around the park will start to come back to life with condos, cafes, street shopping and hotels!!! I mean who wouldn't want to be vactioning in 3-4 star hotel beside a beautiful park full of everything you need in the CBD..

Anyways the hotel looks good but just wished it wouldn't be another hotel in the northern suburbs.
Reggae Boyz Ja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #8
Die Kapenaar

Die Kapenaar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #9
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

A crane is up already. This development is opposite Athol Square.
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #10
mandana

forgive the trees, there is no place to stop on kathrine drive to get a decent photo

pics are mine
mandana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #11
joburg

Likes (Received): 6

Place looks more like an office building than a hotel. Certainly is in a shit place for a hotel. I would like to see them opening up the pedestrian environment along Katherine Drive in order to make the hotels along the street more accessible to Athol Square. Otherwise it's just another typically disconnected Joburg hotel...
joburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #12
waltjie

Likes (Received): 97

I agree!

Johannesburg - An African Class World City!
waltjie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #13
goliath01

Location: Johannesburg - South Africa Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Likes (Received): 3

Hows this one?
goliath01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #14
Inertia
Bloody Agent

Likes (Received): 261

It's topped out I think. Don't pass on Katherine too often these days
Inertia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #15
Jakes1
Jakes1

Likes (Received): 210

This hotel is quite big, and you see it from the M1. It is right next to Atholl Square, and will certainly connect to it without too much difficulty.
Jakes1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #16
goliath01

Location: Johannesburg - South Africa Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes1 View Post
This hotel is quite big, and you see it from the M1. It is right next to Atholl Square, and will certainly connect to it without too much difficulty.
Great Stuff! Has the cladding begun? So its quite imposing...
goliath01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #17
_Chronic_

This one has been up for some time now. Thought I'd post pics. Interiors are ignored on this forum, so I'll put some interiors here

Hotel Exterior

Hotel Exterior Night

Business Centre

Bar

Dining

RBG Grill

Rooms

_Chronic_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #18
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

It looks quite nice, thanx again.
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #19
kulani

Likes (Received): 26

damn, looks nice inside. I am definitely checking myself in here for a weekend soon.
kulani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #20
dysan1
More development

Likes (Received): 2551

the inside looks great, as does the outside at night. The day time outside is not as wow as the renders though.

But i must say for a 3star the interior is super
Advertisement

Tags
sandton, south africa