Mixed uses - Industrial & ... (study) - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Citytalk and Urban Issues

Citytalk and Urban Issues » Guess the City

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 4th, 2019, 05:32 PM   #1
RiccMad

Likes (Received): 0

Mixed uses - Industrial & ... (study)

Hello everyone!

I am a young urban planner who is trying to improve his city!
I am studying an industrial area on the outskirts of my city (Madrid). I am writing to you because I have in mind a project for the redevelopment/reconversion/improvement of the area.

What I am looking for are various (as many cases as possible) good architectonic o urbanistic cases: buildings or larger areas of mixed-use buildings: industrial/productive & residential, commercial, offices, etc.

What I imagine is that industrial areas can be introduced into the city or on the contrary, that the city can enter those areas. The mixed and complex urban areas favor the exchange of information and create a more sustainable city, already allowing to live near the workplace, fostering social cohesion and fostering the vitality of the public space throughout the day (and night).
RiccMad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2019, 01:26 PM   #2
wakka12

Likes (Received): 4197

Gdansk has an interesting proposal by henning larsen in the North shipyards to link the city and the industrial areas by the coast. Im not sure of the details, perhaps the industry there is simply being moved, but could be something to look into. I think the redevelopments of docklands in many many european cities is probably a good thing to look at?
wakka12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2019, 06:10 PM   #3
Galro

Likes (Received): 14066

Edit: I misread the question.

Last edited by Galro; November 10th, 2019 at 09:21 PM.
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
completed projects, industrial, mixed use, urbanism