Best Modern European Skylines (Part3) - Page 742 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers
» Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2019, 03:01 PM   #14821
Ares2018

Likes (Received): 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokugatsu View Post
But we are in 2019. Rotterdam will also get a new skyscrapers by 2021.
But Rotterdam stands out for an urban plan of great quality, not for business centers or grouping of skyscrapers ... and it lacks height.
Ares2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2019, 03:08 PM   #14822
Ares2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by regis15 View Post
Madrid in 2021 will only have one new high-rise while Rotterdam will have more high-rises, including a skyscraper

I'm Spanish and I have to admit that it's truly unbelievable that Madrid, which is much more populated than other cities, have this skyline where many of those buildings were built more than 10 years ago.

Rotterdam has shown that it isn't necessary being a big city in order to have a good skyline. Nowadays I'm pretty sure that Rotterdam has surpassed Madrid or will do it in a near future.

On the other hand, Madrid has shown the opposite side compared to Rotterdam. Being a great city without an impressive skyline, many of those buildings designs are really outdated. Spanish politicians should be less afraid of building towers.

Honestly, Madrid isn't following the right way and it really hurts because it's the largest city in my country and it should be a symbol of Spanish modernity and Spanish history. Madrid is building only one high rise 7 or 8 years after the last high-rise was inaugurated.

And don't tell me that everything is going to be solved with Madrid Nuevo norte because we all know that it has being planned for more than 20 YEARS and we aren't completely sure that it will be built.

And that's why I think that Rotterdam's skyline is far better than Madrid's skyline.
My dear compatriot, you are very ill informed about what is going to be done in your city ...
All the urban plan of the new north of Madrid will be carried out in 20 years, but the financial center is of fast execution, that is, it will be a priority ... with which in 5 or 10 years it will be completed ... finally I say that the new Madrid City Council will definitely approve the new north of Madrid in July.

Last edited by Ares2018; June 18th, 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:49 PM   #14823
regis15

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2018 View Post
My dear compatriot, you are very ill informed about what is going to be done in your city ...
All the urban plan of the new north of Madrid will be carried out in 20 years, but the financial center is of fast execution, that is, it will be a priority ... with which in 5 or 10 years it will be completed ... finally I say that the new Madrid City Council will definitely approve the new north of Madrid in July.
Every new government in the city say a different date for its approvement. The other city mayor, who was from the new mayor's party had enough time to approve that masterplan. The impression I always get from politicians in Madrid is that they're always promising things when there are elections and all they want to do is benefit their own party and not the citizens in Madrid.

I left Madrid 6 years ago and now I'm living in Rotterdam. You have now idea of how the skyline has changed here in Rotterdam. Every time I go to Madrid, it seems nothing have changed.

Last edited by regis15; June 18th, 2019 at 04:04 PM.
regis15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2019, 03:55 PM   #14824
regis15

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
To make the ranking we must differentiate between quality and quantity ... Because there are cities that are building many towers, but the quality of their architecture is horrible ... And we must also evaluate the concentration of groups and the design of the towers throughout from the city... With this ... London, without a doubt, wins by quality and quantity ... being very far from the rest. Moscow has the best cluster with the best heights ... it's awesome! but London exceeds it in quantity ... also London has more than one cluster. Paris will remain the third eternal ... but it is stagnant! Paris has to move forward! For me ... Frankfurt ranks fourth only for quantity, but its quality is terrible. Its buildings are outdated and ugly, with insufficient heights ... I also think that it is a false cluster ... because when you are in the city, there is no sense of Torres cluster, since the reality is that they are very widespread in an area big. Just taking photos from certain points of the city, this looks like a grouped business center. And then there are those with a promising future ... Warsaw, Milan and Madrid. Soon Warsaw will overtake Frankfurt in quantity, but what is being built has little quality at this time ... Milan stands out for its quality but lacks height .. and then there is Madrid with a promising future that stands out for its height and quality. .but lacks quantity. In any case, these last three cities have projects that will change their physiognomy in a short future, which will make them rise in the ranking soon. I do not want to forget about Manchester, about which there is a lot of talk in this forum, but for me it is very far from the quality ... I'm sorry, but it's out of all the classification at the moment. In all the ways I want to emphasize that these cities are doing a very good job and that they will look much better in the future. You do not have to value a city for the number of skyscrapers you have if not for other factors. For all these reasons ... this is the first ranking I do ..

1.London
2.Moscow
3.Paris
4. Rotterdam
5.Frankfurt
6.Madrid
7.Warsaw
8. Milan

Although I have not spoken until this moment of the city of Rotterdam, I have placed it at number 4 ... this city does not have a cluster and a notable financial center, but the architecture is of high quality and all its urban planning is impeccable. ... This is all ... apologies for the great talk and for me English.
Madrid is still not promising. Although the only skyscraper under construction and the other 4 skyscrapers gives the city skyline a lot of quality, it lacks quantity as you said. Maybe in 4 or 3 years the situation will have changed. Who knows?

But we have to admit that nowadays it is not as promising as Rotterdam is.
regis15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:59 PM   #14825
Ares2018

For this reason as you can see Rotterdam occupies my fourth position ahead of Frankfurt Warsaw Madrid..
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:14 PM   #14826
Broodjebami

Likes (Received): 372

Rotterdam planned, u/c, studies and built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyh View Post
EDIT: renterghem was mij net voor, maar voor wie er niet bij was en misschien niet meer komt, hieronder nog wat meer foto's van de verschillende maquettes die in Post Rotterdam tentoongesteld worden tijdens de Maand van de Architectuur:

De Zalmhaven

De Boompjes

Depot

Parkhaven en Erasmus

Kop van Zuid

Central District

Pompenburg en Coolsingel

Hart van Zuid

Feyenoord City
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:15 PM   #14827
Nightjar
Bird

Likes (Received): 9571

Many thanks to SSC member jchk who took the photos with which I created (with his permission) this Photoshop composite...

Greenwich skyline III by Ronnie O'Servalan, on Flickr

Last edited by Nightjar; June 18th, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
Nightjar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:07 PM   #14828
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 2531

Since everyone seems to be making a list all of a sudden, I will post my own.

1. London
2. Moscow
3. Frankfurt
4. Warsaw
5. Paris
6. Madrid
7. Milan
8. Berlin
9. Vienna
10. Manchester
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:27 PM   #14829
Pabbo

Likes (Received): 20

I’ll post a list too.

1. London
2. Moscow
3. Paris-Frankfurt
4. Warsaw-Rotterdam
5. Milan
6. Madrid-Manchester-Vienna
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:00 PM   #14830
mlody89

Likes (Received): 2914

Warsaw now

Vs warsaw 2020
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:08 PM   #14831
werner10

Likes (Received): 1232

Rotterdam

by marc van der stelt
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:42 PM   #14832
Higgibaby

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
To make the ranking we must differentiate between quality and quantity ... Because there are cities that are building many towers, but the quality of their architecture is horrible ... And we must also evaluate the concentration of groups and the design of the towers throughout from the city... With this ... London, without a doubt, wins by quality and quantity ... being very far from the rest. Moscow has the best cluster with the best heights ... it's awesome! but London exceeds it in quantity ... also London has more than one cluster. Paris will remain the third eternal ... but it is stagnant! Paris has to move forward! For me ... Frankfurt ranks fourth only for quantity, but its quality is terrible. Its buildings are outdated and ugly, with insufficient heights ... I also think that it is a false cluster ... because when you are in the city, there is no sense of Torres cluster, since the reality is that they are very widespread in an area big. Just taking photos from certain points of the city, this looks like a grouped business center. And then there are those with a promising future ... Warsaw, Milan and Madrid. Soon Warsaw will overtake Frankfurt in quantity, but what is being built has little quality at this time ... Milan stands out for its quality but lacks height .. and then there is Madrid with a promising future that stands out for its height and quality. .but lacks quantity. In any case, these last three cities have projects that will change their physiognomy in a short future, which will make them rise in the ranking soon. I do not want to forget about Manchester, about which there is a lot of talk in this forum, but for me it is very far from the quality ... I'm sorry, but it's out of all the classification at the moment. In all the ways I want to emphasize that these cities are doing a very good job and that they will look much better in the future. You do not have to value a city for the number of skyscrapers you have if not for other factors. For all these reasons ... this is the first ranking I do ..

1.London
2.Moscow
3.Paris
4. Rotterdam
5.Frankfurt
6.Madrid
7.Warsaw
8. Milan

Although I have not spoken until this moment of the city of Rotterdam, I have placed it at number 4 ... this city does not have a cluster and a notable financial center, but the architecture is of high quality and all its urban planning is impeccable. ... This is all ... apologies for the great talk and for me English.
Imo Frankfurt still got the highest quality highrises and skyscrapers. Nearly any building has an iconic look and there are lots of new buildings that will fill up the gaps.
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:45 PM   #14833
the man from k-town
Frankfurt-Lover <3

Likes (Received): 11256

Frankfurt, Europe District

Quote:
Originally Posted by derUlukai View Post
today

Frankfurt Skyline by Goodybear1, auf Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroSilesia View Post
Stalinallee

pics: MetroSilesia
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:08 PM   #14834
KlausDiggy

Likes (Received): 10663

Frankfurt's skyscrapers are more iconic than those in Paris's La Defence business district.
KlausDiggy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:44 PM   #14835
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 2531

London:

London Skyline from London Eye by A Chicagoan, on Flickr

artObserver liked this post
A Chicagoan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 09:45 PM   #14836
Ares2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiggy View Post
Frankfurt's skyscrapers are more iconic than those in Paris's La Defence business district.
My opinion is that both Paris and especially Frankfurt have constructions of the style of the 90s .. but it is only my opinion.
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:06 PM   #14837
vincent1746

Likes (Received): 15084

Paris - La Défense from the north :

Last pic in full size :

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...785bc5b9_o.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
vincent1746 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:51 PM   #14838
Dusty Hare

Likes (Received): 1171

Got to love Paris but it really does need a couple of big towers in La Defense
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:23 PM   #14840
cardiff

Likes (Received): 8630

Duplicate
cardiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw