Best Modern European Skylines (Part3) - Page 742 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers
» Skyscraper Living forum


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:01 PM   #14821
Ares2018
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 267
Likes (Received): 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokugatsu View Post
But we are in 2019. Rotterdam will also get a new skyscrapers by 2021.
But Rotterdam stands out for an urban plan of great quality, not for business centers or grouping of skyscrapers ... and it lacks height.
Ares2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:08 PM   #14822
Ares2018
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 267
Likes (Received): 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by regis15 View Post
Madrid in 2021 will only have one new high-rise while Rotterdam will have more high-rises, including a skyscraper

I'm Spanish and I have to admit that it's truly unbelievable that Madrid, which is much more populated than other cities, have this skyline where many of those buildings were built more than 10 years ago.

Rotterdam has shown that it isn't necessary being a big city in order to have a good skyline. Nowadays I'm pretty sure that Rotterdam has surpassed Madrid or will do it in a near future.

On the other hand, Madrid has shown the opposite side compared to Rotterdam. Being a great city without an impressive skyline, many of those buildings designs are really outdated. Spanish politicians should be less afraid of building towers.

Honestly, Madrid isn't following the right way and it really hurts because it's the largest city in my country and it should be a symbol of Spanish modernity and Spanish history. Madrid is building only one high rise 7 or 8 years after the last high-rise was inaugurated.

And don't tell me that everything is going to be solved with Madrid Nuevo norte because we all know that it has being planned for more than 20 YEARS and we aren't completely sure that it will be built.

And that's why I think that Rotterdam's skyline is far better than Madrid's skyline.
My dear compatriot, you are very ill informed about what is going to be done in your city ...
All the urban plan of the new north of Madrid will be carried out in 20 years, but the financial center is of fast execution, that is, it will be a priority ... with which in 5 or 10 years it will be completed ... finally I say that the new Madrid City Council will definitely approve the new north of Madrid in July.

Last edited by Ares2018; June 18th, 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Ares2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:49 PM   #14823
regis15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 149
Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2018 View Post
My dear compatriot, you are very ill informed about what is going to be done in your city ...
All the urban plan of the new north of Madrid will be carried out in 20 years, but the financial center is of fast execution, that is, it will be a priority ... with which in 5 or 10 years it will be completed ... finally I say that the new Madrid City Council will definitely approve the new north of Madrid in July.
Every new government in the city say a different date for its approvement. The other city mayor, who was from the new mayor's party had enough time to approve that masterplan. The impression I always get from politicians in Madrid is that they're always promising things when there are elections and all they want to do is benefit their own party and not the citizens in Madrid.

I left Madrid 6 years ago and now I'm living in Rotterdam. You have now idea of how the skyline has changed here in Rotterdam. Every time I go to Madrid, it seems nothing have changed.

Last edited by regis15; June 18th, 2019 at 04:04 PM.
regis15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:55 PM   #14824
regis15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 149
Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2018 View Post
To make the ranking we must differentiate between quality and quantity ... Because there are cities that are building many towers, but the quality of their architecture is horrible ... And we must also evaluate the concentration of groups and the design of the towers throughout from the city... With this ... London, without a doubt, wins by quality and quantity ... being very far from the rest. Moscow has the best cluster with the best heights ... it's awesome! but London exceeds it in quantity ... also London has more than one cluster. Paris will remain the third eternal ... but it is stagnant! Paris has to move forward! For me ... Frankfurt ranks fourth only for quantity, but its quality is terrible. Its buildings are outdated and ugly, with insufficient heights ... I also think that it is a false cluster ... because when you are in the city, there is no sense of Torres cluster, since the reality is that they are very widespread in an area big. Just taking photos from certain points of the city, this looks like a grouped business center. And then there are those with a promising future ... Warsaw, Milan and Madrid. Soon Warsaw will overtake Frankfurt in quantity, but what is being built has little quality at this time ... Milan stands out for its quality but lacks height .. and then there is Madrid with a promising future that stands out for its height and quality. .but lacks quantity. In any case, these last three cities have projects that will change their physiognomy in a short future, which will make them rise in the ranking soon. I do not want to forget about Manchester, about which there is a lot of talk in this forum, but for me it is very far from the quality ... I'm sorry, but it's out of all the classification at the moment. In all the ways I want to emphasize that these cities are doing a very good job and that they will look much better in the future. You do not have to value a city for the number of skyscrapers you have if not for other factors. For all these reasons ... this is the first ranking I do ..

1.London
2.Moscow
3.Paris
4. Rotterdam
5.Frankfurt
6.Madrid
7.Warsaw
8. Milan

Although I have not spoken until this moment of the city of Rotterdam, I have placed it at number 4 ... this city does not have a cluster and a notable financial center, but the architecture is of high quality and all its urban planning is impeccable. ... This is all ... apologies for the great talk and for me English.
Madrid is still not promising. Although the only skyscraper under construction and the other 4 skyscrapers gives the city skyline a lot of quality, it lacks quantity as you said. Maybe in 4 or 3 years the situation will have changed. Who knows?

But we have to admit that nowadays it is not as promising as Rotterdam is.
regis15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:59 PM   #14825
Ares2018
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 267
Likes (Received): 326

For this reason as you can see Rotterdam occupies my fourth position ahead of Frankfurt Warsaw Madrid..
Ares2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:14 PM   #14826
Broodjebami
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 372

Rotterdam planned, u/c, studies and built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyh View Post
EDIT: renterghem was mij net voor, maar voor wie er niet bij was en misschien niet meer komt, hieronder nog wat meer foto's van de verschillende maquettes die in Post Rotterdam tentoongesteld worden tijdens de Maand van de Architectuur:

De Zalmhaven


De Boompjes


Depot


Parkhaven en Erasmus


Kop van Zuid


Central District


Pompenburg en Coolsingel


Hart van Zuid


Feyenoord City
__________________
Broodjebami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:15 PM   #14827
Nightjar
Bird
 
Nightjar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Under a hedge
Posts: 16,903
Likes (Received): 9571

Many thanks to SSC member jchk who took the photos with which I created (with his permission) this Photoshop composite...

Greenwich skyline III by Ronnie O'Servalan, on Flickr
__________________
Space is just an ashtray

Last edited by Nightjar; June 18th, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
Nightjar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:07 PM   #14828
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!
 
A Chicagoan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,821
Likes (Received): 2531

Since everyone seems to be making a list all of a sudden, I will post my own.

1. London
2. Moscow
3. Frankfurt
4. Warsaw
5. Paris
6. Madrid
7. Milan
8. Berlin
9. Vienna
10. Manchester
__________________
I'm a Chicagoan and I'm proud of it!
Even though I don't live in Chicago anymore.
A Chicagoan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:27 PM   #14829
Pabbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 18
Likes (Received): 20

I’ll post a list too.

1. London
2. Moscow
3. Paris-Frankfurt
4. Warsaw-Rotterdam
5. Milan
6. Madrid-Manchester-Vienna
__________________
Pabbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:00 PM   #14830
mlody89
Registered User
 
mlody89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BRESLAU
Posts: 1,239
Likes (Received): 2914

Warsaw now

Vs warsaw 2020
__________________
mlody89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:08 PM   #14831
werner10
Registered User
 
werner10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 644
Likes (Received): 1232

Rotterdam

by marc van der stelt
__________________
Cui bono?
werner10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:42 PM   #14832
Higgibaby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2018 View Post
To make the ranking we must differentiate between quality and quantity ... Because there are cities that are building many towers, but the quality of their architecture is horrible ... And we must also evaluate the concentration of groups and the design of the towers throughout from the city... With this ... London, without a doubt, wins by quality and quantity ... being very far from the rest. Moscow has the best cluster with the best heights ... it's awesome! but London exceeds it in quantity ... also London has more than one cluster. Paris will remain the third eternal ... but it is stagnant! Paris has to move forward! For me ... Frankfurt ranks fourth only for quantity, but its quality is terrible. Its buildings are outdated and ugly, with insufficient heights ... I also think that it is a false cluster ... because when you are in the city, there is no sense of Torres cluster, since the reality is that they are very widespread in an area big. Just taking photos from certain points of the city, this looks like a grouped business center. And then there are those with a promising future ... Warsaw, Milan and Madrid. Soon Warsaw will overtake Frankfurt in quantity, but what is being built has little quality at this time ... Milan stands out for its quality but lacks height .. and then there is Madrid with a promising future that stands out for its height and quality. .but lacks quantity. In any case, these last three cities have projects that will change their physiognomy in a short future, which will make them rise in the ranking soon. I do not want to forget about Manchester, about which there is a lot of talk in this forum, but for me it is very far from the quality ... I'm sorry, but it's out of all the classification at the moment. In all the ways I want to emphasize that these cities are doing a very good job and that they will look much better in the future. You do not have to value a city for the number of skyscrapers you have if not for other factors. For all these reasons ... this is the first ranking I do ..

1.London
2.Moscow
3.Paris
4. Rotterdam
5.Frankfurt
6.Madrid
7.Warsaw
8. Milan

Although I have not spoken until this moment of the city of Rotterdam, I have placed it at number 4 ... this city does not have a cluster and a notable financial center, but the architecture is of high quality and all its urban planning is impeccable. ... This is all ... apologies for the great talk and for me English.
Imo Frankfurt still got the highest quality highrises and skyscrapers. Nearly any building has an iconic look and there are lots of new buildings that will fill up the gaps.
__________________
Higgibaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:45 PM   #14833
the man from k-town
Frankfurt-Lover <3
 
the man from k-town's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Heidelberg
Posts: 4,934
Likes (Received): 11256

Frankfurt, Europe District




Quote:
Originally Posted by derUlukai View Post
today






Frankfurt Skyline by Goodybear1, auf Flickr




Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroSilesia View Post
Stalinallee














pics: MetroSilesia
__________________
Rise high into the SKY!
the man from k-town no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:08 PM   #14834
KlausDiggy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leipzig
Posts: 4,537
Likes (Received): 10663

Frankfurt's skyscrapers are more iconic than those in Paris's La Defence business district.
KlausDiggy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:44 PM   #14835
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!
 
A Chicagoan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,821
Likes (Received): 2531

London:

London Skyline from London Eye by A Chicagoan, on Flickr
__________________
I'm a Chicagoan and I'm proud of it!
Even though I don't live in Chicago anymore.

artObserver liked this post
A Chicagoan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 09:45 PM   #14836
Ares2018
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 267
Likes (Received): 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiggy View Post
Frankfurt's skyscrapers are more iconic than those in Paris's La Defence business district.
My opinion is that both Paris and especially Frankfurt have constructions of the style of the 90s .. but it is only my opinion.
Ares2018 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:06 PM   #14837
vincent1746
Registered User
 
vincent1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Issy les Moulineaux
Posts: 2,622
Likes (Received): 15084

Paris - La Défense from the north :























Last pic in full size :

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...785bc5b9_o.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
vincent1746 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:51 PM   #14838
Dusty Hare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: London
Posts: 2,000
Likes (Received): 1171

Got to love Paris but it really does need a couple of big towers in La Defense
__________________
Dusty Hare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:23 PM   #14840
cardiff
Registered User
 
cardiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 10,074
Likes (Received): 8630

Duplicate
cardiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Brexit Thread | Leaving the EU and its implications for London Bowater Speakers' Corner 11745 Today 07:26 AM
Best small city modern skylines (with metro pop not over 500,000) Yellow Fever Skyscrapers 169 May 12th, 2019 03:00 PM
✈ | LCCs | Low-Cost Carriers News and Discussion huaiwei Airlines 1933 May 1st, 2019 04:34 AM


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us