SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Middle East Aviation Thread

240K views 312 replies 76 participants last post by  cbeboy 
#1 ·
New domestic airlines have started in the Gulf and the Gulf also has good international airlines so I think Middle East Aviation should have its own thread. Liverys, news, pictures, airports, etc are examples of what one could post in this thread.

#54 ·
Tehran

IKEA (new)

Mehrabad (old)

#56 ·
Emirates opens exclusive new lounge at Paris' Charles De Gaulle Airport

Emirates opens exclusive new lounge at Paris' Charles De Gaulle Airport

Emirates, the Dubai-based international airline, continued the expansion of its network of dedicated passenger lounges with the official opening of its exclusive lounge in Terminal 2C at Paris' Charles de Gaulle Airport today.

In keeping with Emirates lounges around the world, this new dedicated facility for Emirates passengers boasts a wide array of amenities. These include extensive seating areas with a large number of comfortable leather armchairs, flat-screen TVs showing the latest news and lifestyle programmes from a selection of global channels, and business centres with complimentary broadband and wireless LAN access at the computer workstations as well as for laptop users. The lounge also features hotlines to both Skywards and Emirates Call Centres.

All Emirates lounges, including this one at Charles de Gaulle, also offer shower facilities so passengers can freshen up prior to their flight, which is especially useful for those passengers who are in transit.

Emirates passengers travelling from Paris will now be able to enjoy an extensive menu of complimentary hot and cold gourmet dishes having the choice of formal or informal seating in the dining area accompanied by a full bar service, including champagne, as well as Emirates' trademark attentive service from the dedicated lounge staff.

The opening of this new lounge at Charles de Gaulle coincides with the airline's move to Terminal 2C at the airport. A move which offers Emirates passengers excellent onward connections throughout France via the TVG high-speed train network.

Tim Clark, President Emirates Airline, said at the opening of the lounge in Paris:

"The development of Emirates lounges around our expanding network is testament to how much emphasis we put on customer service. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we are sure that they will enjoy this new facility at Charles de Gaulle, as much as they enjoy our existing lounges, including our excellent new lounge at John F Kennedy International Airport in New York."

'We are constantly seeking ways to enhance the travel experience for our passengers, both in the air and on the ground, and our lounges form an integral part of that strategy. Emirates lounge development programme is a natural extension of the customer service initiatives we provide for our Business and First Class passengers, many of whom will already have begun to experience the end-to-end service offer by enjoying our complimentary chauffeur drive to and from the airport.'

Emirates Lounges are modelled on the carrier's award-winning lounges at Dubai International Airport, and this new lounge, as well as others set to open during the next few months, are a part of Emirates' $13 million investment programme to install lounges at key airports across its global network offering Emirates' First and Business Class passengers - as well as Gold members of its Skywards frequent flyer programme - a place to work or rest in luxury prior to departure.

Ensuring that Emirates' lounges surpass their customers expectations in terms of comfort and facilities takes a strong commitment from staff working behind the scenes with third party suppliers and organisations to make them happen on time and on budget. This lounge was created in a record time for Emirates of just four months from final selection to completion.

This involves a great commitment from all involved internal departments from Facilities Management to the Airport Services team in Dubai working with those in Paris and around the world to create such quality products around Emirates' ever-increasing number of destinations.

Emirates offers dedicated lounges at, Auckland, Brisbane, Dubai, London Gatwick, New York's JFK and Perth.

#58 ·
Report: Etihad Airways in sponsorship talks with Manchester United
Posted: 22-12-2005 , 08:35 GMT
The owners of Manchester United, one of the world's most famous football clubs, are still searching for the right sponsorship deal to replace Vodafone. The Times reports that the British club has been demanding as much as £20 million a season for shirt sponsorship but he has been forced to revise such demands downwards.

The club representatives are in talks with several companies, most notably Etihad Airways, the United Arab Emirates carrier, which is believed to have offered about £8 million - about £1 million less than Vodafone are paying.

United consider the offer too low, but many in the industry believe that, with the market a little depressed, the club may have to settle for about £12 million.

Etihad Airways aims at increasing its exposure in the UK and recently announced that it would begin daily Manchester to Abu Dhabi flights, possibly in March next year.

The airline officially launched its services on November 5, 2003. By the end of 2004, the airline ended with as many as 16 destinations across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. By 2010, Etihad plans to take this figure to nearly 70 destinations.

#64 ·
ECONOMY Arab Airline interested in Colombia Emirates wants seven weekly frequencies to fly to the country from the middle east, By Brown Aldemar, With the company/signature of memorando of understanding between the Colombian Civil Aeronautics and its similar of the United Arab Emirates,everything was left ready so that flights arrives to the country from one of the most important airlines of the middle east, deals with the Emirates company, according to the director of the colombian Civil Aeronautics, Fernando Sanclemente. The agreement also opens the possibility that a Colombian airlines also go to that destination in the east. The agreement implies seven weekly frequencies for passengers and six frequencies for load. The representatives of Emirates were in Colombia and showed interest to offer the service of load and passengers from Dubai. The document was signed the past Friday 27 of January, Emirates operates 80 airplanes, recently it announced the acquisition of other 45 airplanes and will be one of first that the will have the Airbus A380 in its fleet, considered the biggest of the world because it can transport more than 500 passengers. A model of this airplane was recently in the country and tested at the enrique olaya herrera airport in rionegro. Dubai was the first port of destination of the A380, outside Europe, during its itinerary of test everywhere.

#67 ·
#73 ·
Hey i agree Emirates is not that great its so cramped in there
i wood love to fly on MEA ( Middle East Airlines Air Liban ) i hope it flys to Melbourne one day and i will go on that Airline all the time the last time i went on MEA was like in 1992 it wasnt that good but i herd its a great airline now heaps of Major improvments and quality

#74 ·
Jayme001 said:
Hey i agree Emirates is not that great its so cramped in there
i wood love to fly on MEA ( Middle East Airlines Air Liban ) i hope it flys to Melbourne one day and i will go on that Airline all the time the last time i went on MEA was like in 1992 it wasnt that good but i herd its a great airline now heaps of Major improvments and quality
It improved but can not beat Emirates. http://www.airlinequality.com/index.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.