SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Great West Coast and Interior West Photo Thread

244K views 363 replies 54 participants last post by  xzmattzx 
#1 ·
I decided to start this thread since this particular section has none. I Hope that everyone will participate since I don't think of this thread as only mine.

#90 · (Edited)
Albuquerque, NM

Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Bernalillo County
Rio Grande Valley
Founded: 1706
Altitude: 5,335 ft

US City Population Rank #32
US Metro Population Rank: #57
Tallest Building: Bank of Albuquerque, 351 Ft, 22 Stories (taller than any building in Tucson, San Jose, El Paso, Fresno, Boise, Tacoma and Anchorage)

Other notable facts:
Longest Aerial Tram in the World: Sandia Peak Tramway – leaves from within the city limits to the top of Sandia Peak, Elev. 10678.
World’s most photographed event – The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta each October.
45 minutes drive to Santa Fe, the state capital (oldest capital in the US)
Diverse culture – Spanish, Native American, Southwestern. Albuquerque is surrounded by 3 Indian Pueblos and the Sandia Mountains to the east.
Original unique cuisine featuring red and green chiles only from New Mexico, including a variety of dishes, breads, and even deserts unique to NM.
Great Museums – Albuquerque has over 30 Museums, a first class zoo, aquarium and bio park.
Holidays include the Parade of Lights, River of Lights and city-wide luminarias lining streets and rooftops.

To view these images in a full screen slide show, click HERE.

All images hosted on flickr.