SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Colorado Springs: Shining Jewel of the West

6K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  AZian 
#1 ·
Colorado Springs is by the the most beautiful and most Utopian of cities in the Interior of America.

Here are some fascinating facts about the city:

-Healthcare is superb; I mean, come on, Dr. Quinn Medecine Woman lived here.

-Talk about culture! Leeann Tweeden worked briefly here as a waitress at a local Hooters restaurant.

-Just because Kelsey Grammer's sister was murdered here after walking out of Red Lobster, doesn't mean this isn't a beacon for peace and prosperity.

-And even though Colorado Springs is 80% white, the other 20% is very diverse.

-We may not have any skyscrapers, but our tallest hotel has a pool!

-This Evangelical Christian city welcomes all!

#7 · (Edited)
LOL, Its hillarious this Colorado Springs bashing about the city being intolerant. Serious, evidently the people here know nothing about the town of my birth.

Colorado Springs is a world-class tourist destination and a very tolerant city. Most of the Focus on the Family people live in Briargate on the far northside of Colorado Springs.

I will agree North-East Colorado Springs is a boring spread out suburban ghetto with 5 bedroom and 2 bathroom homes built like garbage.

But Central and Western Colorado Springs is filled with charming neighborhoods including downtown, tons of one of a kind locally owned ships and beautiful parks. Not too mention its very cheap.

Tejon Street is filled with tons of cheap bars and restaurants. Not to mention Tejon Street in Colorado Springs has a very liberal vibe, you wont see any religious conservative down in that area.

Seriously, Colorado Springs is not a conservative city like the media has portrayed it. Yes, it never elects republicans but the republicans are moderate in El Paso County are similar to what you find in New England.

#9 ·
denvernative1982 said:
Colorado Springs is a world-class tourist destination and a very tolerant city. People in Colorado Springs dont shun the groups that dont look like them or act like them.
hmmm...

Im getting ready to leave Colorado Springs,after living here for 17 years. In the last year we had a plan for home for people with disabilities the people of El Paso County said no. And the people of the El Paso County. I was also on the north side of town where all those religious right people are. And I was oblivious before, but I noticed there weren't any African Americans or Hispanics. I later went to the library Colorado Springs's northside is 97% white. A small portion of south Colorado Springs is a tiny bit diverse and that part of town lives in poverty. In my classes there are usually two or three african americans and they sit in same eisle. In addition, people in El Paso county dont blame the buisness owners who pay 5.15 for the low-mean wage. The blame minorities. Colorado Springs is about 79% repuiblican. Which makes Salt City and Provo "liberal".

http://www.turnleft.com/places/colorado_springs.html

And from the city's homepage...

Nationwide, we all know that Colorado Springs is perceived as intolerant.

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=4177

#14 ·
Now I think the guy who originally started this thread IS Denvernative. It makes sense what ReddAlert said. Why would some guy from France spend his first two posts talking about Colorado Springs?

Answer: because it is Denvernative. And he wanted another thread where he could have a reason to talk about Colorado Springs. So he came up with a new username posted "bad" stuff about CS just so he could then go onto his original "denvernative" username and refute all those statements and back them up with "good" stuff.

#15 ·
The original poster is not Denvernative for the follwoing reasons:

-All words are spelled correctly.

-Sentence structure is coherent, not choppy or fragmented.

-The composition uses proper punctuation.

-The post mentions negative things about Colorado Springs--something DN1982 has rarely (if ever) done--not even as a trick or joke.

-The original poster has a sense of humor.

#19 ·
If any of yous want a conservative Evangelical Christian city/metro, why not check out Phoenix AZ? This is the beating heart that pumps the right-wing blood through this great, albeit too conservative state. While I just moved here from extreme commie Flagstaff, I can tell the difference in political views right off the bat. My hs has Bible studies, fellowship of christian athletes, and tons of openly right-wing staff who let their opinions and view points hinder their teaching. Even our state-approved text books are slanted to the right. Everywhere you go, you'll find "Focus on Families," "Jesus Saves," and "Viva Bush" bumper stickers on Suburbans, Tahoes, Excursions, and F-150s. Even my drama teacher makes us perform heterosexual melodramatic scripts and stuff. Even when my friend used "gender confused" in his monologue, she automatically gave him a zero on it. And you people are bickering about Colorado Springs that only has 300,000 residents? This radical-right metro area of 3 mil is underrated!

#20 ·
If any of yous want a conservative Evangelical Christian city/metro, why not check out Phoenix AZ? This is the beating heart that pumps the right-wing blood through this great, albeit too conservative state. While I just moved here from extreme commie Flagstaff, I can tell the difference in political views right off the bat. My hs has Bible studies, fellowship of christian athletes, and tons of openly right-wing staff who let their opinions and view points hinder their teaching. Even our state-approved text books are slanted to the right. Everywhere you go, you'll find "Focus on Families," "Jesus Saves," and "Viva Bush" bumper stickers on Suburbans, Tahoes, Excursions, and F-150s. Even my drama teacher makes us perform heterosexual melodramatic scripts and stuff. Even when my friend used "gender confused" in his monologue, she automatically gave him a zero on it. And you people are bickering about Colorado Springs that only has 300,000 residents? This radical-right metro area of 3 mil is underrated! Now give us some of the notoriety we deserve!!!!-jk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.