SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Nor Cal Tropical storm

5K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  612bv3 
#1 ·
Wow, this storm has been well welcomed by me, today it was very nice and balmy 68 with a humidity of around 65%. They were saying we should have gotten rain but I think only cities north of around San Mateo were getting any rain today.

See less See more
#9 ·
Jasonhouse said:
Tropical storm?

That wasn't a tropical storm people...

It came from Hawaii, it's the "Pineapple Express." At the top of Mount Tam... (I dont know how to spell it so i'll leave it at that) There were 100 mph winds.

Basically in California the stronger storms coming out of the south are considered Tropical Storms. (even though they are a lot less strong than the ones in Florida for example)

I live on the Peninsula near Redwood City, (which was 71 yesterday, pretty nice)

We've not really gotten the rain they were talking about for the past 2 or 3 days. Sunday was pretty damn rainy, but other than that we got a few drops really early this morning.

Here's some pictures I have from last night and this morning.

#11 ·
^Yes its usually around afternoon and its a sunny 90+ degree day and suddenly you see black clouds coming and loud rumbles of thunder and then its starts pouring and i mean pouring you will get soaked in seconds and then thunder is every few seconds and within a few hours its gone and sunny again. Thats why i like summer the storms :)

*NOR CAL* said:
oh rainstorm not tropical ok ok.
No we get tropical storms and possibly hurricanes thats florida not Tampa Bay we usually just get the light part of hurricanes. Remember hurricane season is June-Nov i think most are in July-Sept

#24 ·
Yea I took a walk last night too in a T shirt, besides the sprinkling... it was pretty nice.

I've taken walks for the past few nights and they've all been quite nice.

By the way, it's funny how we get 60's as lows for summer... and here we are at 60's for lows DURING THE WINTER SOLSTICE!

I hope I never have to leave Cali.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.