Salford Quays Developments - Page 66 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 30th, 2014, 03:33 AM   #1301
Folly

Likes (Received): 871

I dunno, it's a fairly central location, the apartments in NV go for surprisingly large amounts - a couple of footballers live there I think. They could be wanting to tap into the luxury end of the market.
Folly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2014, 08:10 PM   #1302
travelred

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
I dunno, it's a fairly central location, the apartments in NV go for surprisingly large amounts - a couple of footballers live there I think. They could be wanting to tap into the luxury end of the market.

There were three in my building when I lived there. One from City, one from Blackburn, and one from City Ladies. Not mentioning names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
travelred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #1303
ajdunlop

Likes (Received): 76

Anyone know what the worksite around the lay-by next to Exchange Quay Metrolink stop is?
ajdunlop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2015, 01:18 PM   #1304
nq

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingTips View Post
Here`s one that`s come out of the blue...conversion of the former Customs House on the Quays...

Details are being posted on rightmove.
Couple of apps went in for it last year, subsequently withdrawn. Guess one will reappear at some point.

http://publicaccess.salford.gov.uk/p...=0038ZENPLI000 applicant

Around 60 apartments.

nq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 01:33 PM   #1305
WingTips

Likes (Received): 3103

Details are also on line at rightmove.
WingTips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 01:36 PM   #1306
WingTips

NQ Would you like to post the details and a little blurb re this above on the Intl Thread...https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=905
Old January 16th, 2015, 03:41 PM   #1307
nq

Not sure it warrants international attention WT
Old January 16th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #1308
WingTips

Of course it does.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 12:56 AM   #1309
nq

App from Peel (under Tokenhouse Investments Ltd) for a bit of student accommodation, on part of BUPA's car park. Only outline.
Quote:
14/65585/OUT | Outline application with all matters reserved except access, for the redevelopment of land at King William Street, Salford Quays to provide student housing, up to a maximum of 300 units | BUPA Car Park King William Enterprise Park King William Street Salford
Quote:
The brief was further informed by input from Blok Architects acting on behalf of an established and successful student housing operator which is likely to be undertaking the development.
2 blocks, 12 fl & 8 fl massing. They were considering 1 x 20 storey tower as an option, but decided the other could be phased.

Can't bring myself to post the 'render'

Thought it may reveal some info on BUPA's plans, but not really.
Quote:
New arrangements will be made for BUPA car parking as part of Peel’s project to relocate the BUPA operation to a single site within its Salford Quays estate. The land will therefore become surplus to requirements for interim car parking and the proposed development will bring it back into beneficial use.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:34 PM   #1310
yesevil

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by nq View Post
App from Peel (under Tokenhouse Investments Ltd) for a bit of student accommodation, on part of BUPA's car park. Only outline.

2 blocks, 12 fl & 8 fl massing. They were considering 1 x 20 storey tower as an option, but decided the other could be phased.

Can't bring myself to post the 'render'

Thought it may reveal some info on BUPA's plans, but not really.
Article here with said render:

http://www.salfordonline.com/localne...ord_quays.html

Looks very amateur...

yesevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:52 PM   #1311
tomegranate

Likes (Received): 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesevil View Post
Article here with said render:

http://www.salfordonline.com/localne...ord_quays.html

Looks very amateur...

I do believe that's the first time I've seen a building visualisation done in MS Paint...

VDB liked this post
tomegranate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:39 PM   #1312
Aenedor
thread killer

Likes (Received): 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegranate View Post
I do believe that's the first time I've seen a building visualisation done in MS Paint...
No way those clouds were done in MSPaint, the answer is simple, the building is made of plastic!

Aenedor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 08:57 PM   #1313
iheartthenew
*THEIYR'RE

Likes (Received): 3668

And from the "parked up over the road couldn't be bothered to get out the car" perspective too. That will make it easier for some of to get comparable pictures of the completed building I suppose
iheartthenew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:34 PM   #1314
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 56046

When Peel started funding and building buildings around Salford Quays they started from the ground up. Ever since their first proposal and built building, all the subsequent buildings have gone further and further down.

Yet again another dire proposal and building from Peel. As little spend as possible, accompanied by value architecture.

Peel are slowly destroying the Quays. We could have had a world class area with wonderful architecture and buildings, on a waterfront setting. We've still go the waterfront setting, but with poor and basic architecture and buildings, courtesy of Peel.

Twizzer88, VDB, heijbs, AnIco, rolybling, roobarb! liked this post
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:35 AM   #1315
boyaloud

Likes (Received): 220

Couldn't agree more with this, jrb. Why aren't there cafes, bars etc all along the waterfront like at Canary Wharf?
boyaloud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:44 PM   #1316
markydeedrop
John 3:16

Likes (Received): 13768

Peel bids to build 300 student flats next to MediaCityUK on Salford Quays

Another article on the planned Peel student scheme

Quote:
Tokenhouse Developments, part of The Peel Group, wants to stimulate ‘the burgeoning student economy’ by giving youngsters a place to live right next to the University of Salford’s School of Arts and Media

Plans for 300 student flats in the shadows in MediaCityUK have been revealed.

The Peel Group - which created the new home for the BBC on Salford Quays - want to develop a 3,000 sq ft plot on King William Street Enterprise Park, King William Street, for apartments aimed at undergraduate and postgraduate students, possibly at lower prices.

The land is currently used a car park for BUPA employees and visitors. But Tokenhouse Developments, part of The Peel Group, wants to stimulate ‘the burgeoning student economy’ by giving youngsters a place to live right next to the University of Salford’s School of Arts and Media.

The university building sits beside the BBC’s MediaCityUK site, with thousands of students travelling to the Quays every day for lessons. But hundreds could soon live a short walk away from the university site, should the application be approved.

Two towers, one eight storeys high and the other 12 storeys high, would contain a mixture of studios, two-bed, three-bed and four-bed apartments.

The former King William Enterprise Park was cleared in 2005. Under the proposals, the BUPA car park would be moved to another Peel site on Salford Quays.

The site also sits opposite the Oasis MediaCityUK Academy and is a short walk from the Anchorage Metrolink stop, the Lowry Outlet Mall and the Imperial War Museum.

The rest of the site could also be redeveloped to complement the student housing, but will remain as a carpark until plans are drawn up.

Planning documents state: “The site has been chosen as the first phase of redevelopment of the whole site because of its prominent location fronting on to the key Broadway junction and good accessibility to MediaCityUK.

“The ambition for MediaCityUK is to become a leading international hub for the creative and digital sectors - and a vibrant destination to work, live and play.

“It is the most significant media development in the country and already has become an important place of learning, with key education and training providers in situ, all complemented by an exciting mix of retail, leisure and entertainment experiences.

“Despite this success, there is as yet no dedicated student residential accommodation within Salford Quays, which means that students have to travel to the MediaCityUK campus from outside the area or seek to access general market housing.”

Salford University’s £81m 1,400-bed student village on the edge of Peel Park is set to open in September as part of bosses’ 20-year masterplan. It will boast a cinema and games room and a gym.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....on-300-8509584

boyaloud liked this post
markydeedrop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #1317
rolybling
Less is more.

Likes (Received): 2277

It looks like something from a suburban business park......... in the late 80's
Old January 28th, 2015, 03:03 PM   #1318
Manc Guy

Likes (Received): 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingTips View Post
Of course it does.
Are you serious?
Manc Guy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:25 PM   #1319
nq

Bit of an advertorial piece featuring Custom Quay from the Express last week.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...rty-in-Britain

This seems to be the second block, to the right.

http://www.propertyfrontiers.com/our...roperty-market
Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:11 AM   #1320
Caiman
I love those crazy dutch

Likes (Received): 4635

Peel are such awful bastards.

VDB, roobarb!, Maxants liked this post
Caiman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement