Nashville Development News - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Nashville

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #61
aj|mem

Likes (Received): 0

From The City Paper:

New landmark to rise in Nashville’s gulch
By Bill Harless, [email protected]
July 25, 2005

Construction workers will soon be sweating it out at the intersection of Division Street and Twelfth Avenue South in The Gulch, raising out of the ground an 18-story residential and retail tower, ICON, that will be a landmark for a new quarter of downtown Nashville.

ICON, which will cost about $100 million to develop, will feature 18,000-20,000 square feet of retail shops on its first floor and about 400 dwelling units above.

Four stories of residential units will rise above the retail space and wrap around a six-story, above-ground parking garage. Atop the parking garage there will be a 12-story, residential tower.

ICON is being developed by a partnership of Bristol Development Group and Marketstreet Equities Group, owner of Nashville Urban Venture LLC, the company chosen by the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency (MDHA) as master redeveloper of The Gulch.

Residents in the “urban, loft-style” homes will have unobstructed views of the downtown skyline and the Cumberland River.

The walls of the homes in the central tower will be made entirely of glass. The floors and ceilings will be made of cement, according to Joe Barker, a partner — along with Steve Turner and Jay Turner — of Marketstreet Equities Group.

Ashlyn Hines, a principal of Bristol Development Group, said a plaza with a fitness center, swimming pool and other amenities for residents will rest at the top of the garage on the portion not taken by the tower.

She said she hopes demolition of the BellSouth truck maintenance facility at the northeast corner of the intersection of the site will begin within 30-45 days. Construction would begin in January 2006, and developers hope for completion by the late fall of 2007.

Atlanta-based The Preston Partnership LLC is the project’s architect, and Choate Construction Company, also based in Atlanta, will be the contractor.

“We want it to be extremely beautiful … but we want it to be something that people can go and buy,” Barker said. “These are not being designed as luxury condominiums or luxury apartments at all. These are wonderful, urban residential units.”

“… There will be a variety of unit styles and styles. It will hit a number of price points,” Barker said.

No price tag has been placed on the residence yet. According to an agreement with MDHA, a portion of the dwellings will be affordable housing units.

The 400 dwellings will augment the existing 80 residential units — at the Mercury View Lofts and the Laurel House Apartments — that have been built in The Gulch, a 38-acre section of land on the western fringe of downtown, since Metro’s and Nashville Urban Venture’s redevelopment project there began in 2000.

The Gulch is “already a hotspot” of urban life in Nashville, Hines said. “What has been missing is a critical mass of housing.”

“We’ve tested the market, so to speak, and now this is the first big project we’re going to do,” Barker said.

The ICON land is already zoned to support the development, but a portion of the project must still be approved by the Metro Board of Zoning Appeals.
aj|mem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #62
zeppelincheetah

wow. I didn't know anything like this was on the internet. a forum discussing building development in Nashville? amazing! I'm a Nashvillian (well, I was born here) and I'm VERY interested in new skyscrapers and whatnot. Nobody I know shares this interest. That's the first time i've seen what that West End complex will look like (I knew it was being built, and I notice the site whenever I go by it on West End)

Last edited by zeppelincheetah; July 28th, 2005 at 04:31 PM.
zeppelincheetah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #63
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

Likes (Received): 8

well if you like that, check out my site http://www.tournashville.net

Its a dedicated site to the devlopment in nashville including lots of pictures and links to other great sites about nashville development. theres even some live cameras of the courthouse construction and the viridian construction there too.
newyorkrunaway1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #64
SChristopher

Likes (Received): 4

That is a great site, I have been going there for a while as I have great interest in Nashville and hope to live there in the near future, keep up the good work. Ever thought of putting a forum on there?
SChristopher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 03:26 AM   #65
zeppelincheetah

pretty cool site. a bit glitchy, but lots of great info nontheless.
zeppelincheetah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 05:31 AM   #66
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

i have thought of putting a forum there, but never really had the time to do the modding to get it to show up correctly. and by the way, point out the glitches by sending me and email via the contact us link on the site. i am curious to know what you find. and please send me what browser your using and what your desktop demension settings are. thanks!!! in the near future there will be a forum there because of the growing demand for a dedicated nashville forum!!! so keep an eye out for it!
Old July 29th, 2005, 06:54 AM   #67
SChristopher

My eyes are open, I think it would be a great idea to have a Nashville forum with all the projects going on and the prospect of more condos in the future. Your site would be the prime real estate for it.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM   #68
BhamDKH
Oranje boven alles!

Likes (Received): 1

Yeah, that would be nice. Great website! I went to college at Vandy and miss Nashville so it's great to have a place to check in on what's happening!
BhamDKH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #69
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

Well, really great news people!!! I have created a forum site that is 100% dedicated to Nashville and its development. It is currently under modding and wll be up within 48 hours!!!! YEAH!!!!
Old August 14th, 2005, 03:26 AM   #70
SChristopher

Awesome, I am looking foward to it!
Old August 16th, 2005, 03:47 AM   #71
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

Nashville Forums!!!!!!

YEAH !!!!!!!! NAshville has its own forum site now!!! i have completed the majority of the site and have opened the forums for posting. you do hav to register, its quick and easy, dont worry. there are plenty of topics to discuss, so post your little hearts away!!! This is Nashvilles only dedicated development site and forum. so, be one of the first to join the site, there is a long road ahead!!!

http://www.tournashville.net
Old August 17th, 2005, 02:56 AM   #72
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

sorry for the site being down all night, even after i had announced its opening, lol, anyways...

The site is now open to the public.

ENJOY!
Old August 18th, 2005, 03:23 AM   #73
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

check out the latest on the Signature Tower re-design over at TourNashville!!!

It is simply amazing, it has a sleek new look and is an all residential with retail at ground level.

http://www.tournashville.net
Old August 18th, 2005, 04:05 PM   #74
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 15

I am SO JEALOUS!!! This will look fantastic in Nash-vegas! Hell, it would fantastic anywhere. This is where I get so upset with my City nor not requiring higher quality for skyscrapers! Now I know the developer has a good track record, but what is the probability that this will happen...more than 75%? Every major city has a couple of "signature towers" that have been proposed but are never built. Hopefully this wont happen with this one!
cwilson758 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:12 PM   #75
aj|mem

Awesome redesign! Better fitting Nashville's image - which contrary to popular belief on this forum - is much more glitzy/Hollywood-esque than some people would like to give it credit for.
aj|mem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #76
card04

This new design in a hell of alot better than the old design, it fits in very well with the Nashville skyline and is a very dynamic piece of architecture. I hope that this goes up, I'd look foward to seeing it, anybody know how tall it will be?
card04 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #77
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

its design will make it 700ft

check out all the details over on TourNashville, link in my sig.
Old August 19th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #78
dirtybird

Wow, impressive skyscraper. I think it's more impressive in how it transforms the entire look of Nashville's skyline. It makes the city look like it moved up one tier! If built, would Nashville be the only city in the country if not the world where it's tallest building is residential?
dirtybird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #79
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

actually, this would make nashville the only city in the US where its tallest building is resedntial. the city over in europe that is building the turning torso, the talles resedential building, infacr the tallest in the country, which ever one it may be, the other one outside of the US.
Old August 26th, 2005, 03:52 AM   #80
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

Tons of new stuff added to the TourNashville site, check it out.

Inlcuding :

Info on the renaming of Dickerson Pk
Signature Tower
History of Gallatin Road
I65 Construction news

and, hopefully, news that you add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
development, nashville, tennessee