NASHVILLE | 505 - 505 Church St. | 168m | 550ft | 45 fl | U/C - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Nashville

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53963

NASHVILLE | 505 - 505 Church St. | 168m | 550ft | 45 fl | U/C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously as an office tower concept:

Nashville Post

Quote:

Giarratana unveils trio of proposed skyscrapers

Published November 3, 2011 by William Williams

Tony Giarratana — arguably the city’s most high-profile developer and unarguably its king of skyscraper projects — has revealed plans for three new towers, including an office building that would rise up to 700 feet and easily rank as Nashville’s tallest and most cutting-edge structure.

To see Giarratana Development’s plan, check the company’s newly updated website. Eye-catching, indeed.

The trio of skyscrapers includes a 315-room four-star hotel for an unnamed brand. Straddling the western wall of Encore in SoBro, the hotel would be located on the corner of Fourth Avenue South and Molloy Street across from the rising Omni Nashville Hotel. Based on the images, the building — though bold — would be the least dramatic of the three.

The office tower is to be called 505 CST (for the structure’s 505 Church St. location) and would rise on the site for which Giarratana long envisioned the since-scrapped Signature Tower. The undulating 505 CST looks to be at least 40 stories and includes a 1,000-car parking garage, a 6,000-square-foot ballroom and a 200-room five-star hotel. The architect is Chicago-based Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill, which has designed some of the world’s most striking skyscrapers.

[...]

Last edited by desertpunk; December 17th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #2
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53963

Two more renders:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/in.../53015-505cst/

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/in.../53015-505cst/
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #3
FLAWDA-FELLA
Native Flaw-ridian

Likes (Received): 1458

Awesome looking tower proposed for Nashville, although the cancelled "Signature Tower" was the best proposal ever.
FLAWDA-FELLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #4
po-boy

Likes (Received): 5

That is a fantastic looking design that would be an awesome addition to Nashville's skyline. I hope it gets built.
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #5
CVG

Likes (Received): 13

I know tall buildings like Signature Tower look good and are great for pissing contests, but I like what Tony G has going with his proposals now. Taking up 3 different lots downtown with an office tower, a hotel, and a condo. Both densifying the skyline with a tower in the main core of buildings, and helping extend it by also building close to the recently completed Pinnacle tower.

The 750+ tower for Nashville will come in time, but its really building a nice skyline at the moment. I dont know if all 3 towers will get off the ground, but you have to think there is a good likely hood that a couple get off the ground.

http://giarratana.com/

CVG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #6
spencer114

Likes (Received): 446

Those all look really great!
spencer114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #7
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1626

Awesome!! Hope it gets built. My heart broke when the Signature Tower was cancelled.
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #8
MIRYDI

Likes (Received): 263

I would love for this to be built as well! It's a gorgeous building, i just wish it were a little taller. Seems like Nashville has a 600ft ceiling for towers that will never be broken...
MIRYDI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #9
MIRYDI

A really good article on Tony's proposed 505CST. It also mentions that even though the original design was for a 605-foot tower,that it could rise to 750 feet.

http://archpaper.com/news/articles.asp?id=6796

Unveiled> 505 Church Street
Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture design an eco-sensitive skyscraper in Nashville.

505 Church Street
Architect: Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
Client: Giarratana Nashville
Completion: TBD
Nashville developer Tony Giarratana doesn’t want just any building to take the place of a downtown parking lot his firm has owned for 20 years. On nearby sites he has built the city’s first high-rise apartments and condos, and its first “modern urban grocery store,” but 505 Church Street is a special case.
“This is the best site in the city,” said Giarratana, “so we feel that it needs to be something special.” The firm hired Chicago-based Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill to master plan and design a mixed-use tower that would be the city’s most energy efficient and also its tallest. Giarratana successfully petitioned the Federal Aviation Authority to grant the site extra airspace. Originally designed as a 605-foot tower, 505 Church could rise to 750 feet.
Currently, Giarritana is seeking an anchor tenant to take at least 500,000 square feet of the 1.2 million-plus-square-foot tower. The building will include a hotel and office space as well as eight levels of underground parking, according to preliminary designs. 505 Church Street’s southern profile is a thin, glassy rectangle, but from the east and west its profile is defined by fin-like curves. The unique enclosure features an internally ventilated cavity that stores solar heat during cold months and wicks it away when it is warm.

The design and development team is seeking a LEED Platinum rating for the building. It will employ such sustainable features as a double skin facade system, chilled water storage, solar panels, gray water recycling, and a variety of other integrated building systems in pursuit of the 2030 Challenge to achieve carbon-neutral architecture.

StevenW liked this post
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #10
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Very cool building. Hope it gets the go-ahead.
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #11
MIRYDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
Very cool building. Hope it gets the go-ahead.
Thanks! I think this has a very good shot at getting built with the way things are going in Nashville right now.

StevenW liked this post
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #12
MIRYDI

From the Nashville Post today.

http://nashvillepost.com/

FAA OKs increased height for proposed downtown skyscraper
505 CST could now rise 750 feet

StevenW liked this post
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #13
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Wow!! That's even better news. Nashville deserves a nice tall one like this.
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #14
MIRYDI

Another article talking about the FAA approval to increase the height of 505CST. This one says that it was appoved for 770ft. Anyway's here is the article.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-to-build.html
Quote:
The Federal Aviation Administration has granted additional air space for Tony Giarratana's proposed 505 CST tower downtown, Nashville Post reports.
Giarratana Development unveiled plans for a 605-foot mixed-use tower at 505 Church St., where Giarratana once planned his Signature Tower, in 2011.
According to the Post, the FAA has approved enough air space to allow the proposed tower to reach 770 feet tall. For comparison, downtown's tallest structure, the AT&T Building, reaches 617 feet.

StevenW liked this post
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #15
MIRYDI

Quote:
Wow!! That's even better news. Nashville deserves a nice tall one like this.
Keeping my fingers crossed!...
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #16
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Yeah, I hope this does rise all the way. I was really bummed when the Signature tower wasn't built. That was an awesome tower.
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #17
Whosville

Likes (Received): 2

Really hoping this one gets built in the LEED way that it was proposed. That would really help to set a new standard in building design for the region.
Whosville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #18
MIRYDI

Quote:
Yeah, I hope this does rise all the way. I was really bummed when the Signature tower wasn't built. That was an awesome tower.
Signature tower was a great proposal (that almost got started by the way) but this new tower is a FAR better design IMO. The fact that the architect/designers are aiming for LEED platinum is the icing on the cake! Signature was just too tall and too skinny to look good in our skyline, and it would have stuck out waay too much.

This new proposed tower is basically Signature tower reincarnated. It's by the same developer and on the same property Siggy was supposed to rise from. We might as well call this tower Signature tower II...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosville View Post
Really hoping this one gets built in the LEED way that it was proposed. That would really help to set a new standard in building design for the region.
All I've read since this tower was initially proposed was that the architects were aiming for LEED platinum status. I suppose if this tower were to start rising, some of that stuff could be left out if it came down to it (budget) but I highly doubt it. Reading all the information out there about this tower, it seem's that the designers made it a point to make the LEED platinum status they were aiming for a focal point of the tower.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:10 AM   #19
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Well, it seems that Nashville's development scene has a good bit of momentum now. Hopefully that will continue to see this tower all the way through completion.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #20
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

I don't know,... I would not mind this awesome tower in my city.
1,057 ft. of skyline dominance.
then the city could have built around it, making it the focal point of the skyline's aesthetic.
Advertisement

Tags
505, 505 church st., 505cst, nashville, southeast