Brisbane Airport (BNE) - Pictures/News/Discussion - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #21
AUboy

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I do work in ATC and I wouldn't have the foggiest about passenger loads for certain routes. RPT don't advise POB. It has nothing to do with ATC how many people they cram inside.
I said 'used to work in ATC'.

And Orfeo, if you want to believe that, then live in your dream world. Loads are good, not that great though. There certainly is demand but not to the extent of Sydney & Melbourne, hence why the other daily BNE-AKL-LAX moved to the MEL run.
AUboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #22
Orfeo

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUboy
And Orfeo, if you want to believe that, then live in your dream world. Loads are good, not that great though. There certainly is demand but not to the extent of Sydney & Melbourne, hence why the other daily BNE-AKL-LAX moved to the MEL run.
There is no need to be rude. I simply asked for an explaination as to the reasons of the increase in direct flights if loads were as bad as you earlier stated.
Orfeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:40 AM   #23
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 1378

Don't worry Orfeo, he has no idea. If he knew the loads, he would post them.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2006, 03:07 AM   #24
AUboy

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza

Don't worry Orfeo, he has no idea. If he knew the loads, he would post them.
Look, I really don't mind that you think I have no idea. Thats your choice. I provided information, you chose not too believe it. Water off a ducks back mate. Of course you wouldn't have asked for stats if I had've said that Brisbane - LAX route was in high demand.

But as you said, I clearly have no idea.
AUboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #25
JayT
Like whatever....

Likes (Received): 1001

Yet another company/HQ is making its way north.

Air safety HQ off to warmer climbs
Brian Williams
10feb06

BRISBANE is to become the new operational headquarters for the Civil Aviation Safety Authority with about 30 staff to be moved from Canberra.

Staff were told of the shake-up yesterday that will see about 65 employees moved to capital cities and regional centres.

CASA already has 80 staff in Brisbane and it will become the nation's largest regional headquarters and drive all of the authority's safety and surveillance work.

The decision reflects Brisbane's status as the nation's fastest growing aviation centre with 42,000 aviation-related jobs expected to be created in the city and southeast Queensland over the next 20 years.

CASA's chief executive officer Bruce Byron said yesterday it made sense for the aviation safety regulator to have staff located where growth was occurring.

CASA's Brisbane office would be more than twice the size of its Sydney operation.

Due to its increasing number of flights, CASA's Cairns bureau would become the primary general aviation field office in far north Queensland, taking over from the Townsville office, which would be wound down over about five years.

Mr Byron said locating operational headquarters in Brisbane was part of a package of reforms being introduced to improve safety.

"CASA needs to have its operational staff as close as possible to the aviation industry and that's why we are abolishing positions in Canberra and creating new ones in Brisbane and at our other front-line offices across Australia," Mr Byron said.

CASA spokesman Peter Gibson said no staff cuts were planned, although the final make-up of numbers transferring between centres was not yet known.

Management teams for CASA's two key operational groups, air transport and general aviation, will be relocated to Brisbane.
JayT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:48 AM   #26
Wezza
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUboy
Look, I really don't mind that you think I have no idea. Thats your choice. I provided information, you chose not too believe it. Water off a ducks back mate. Of course you wouldn't have asked for stats if I had've said that Brisbane - LAX route was in high demand.

But as you said, I clearly have no idea.
Well, i'm glad we've settled that then!!

Oh yeah, average loads on BNE-LAX direct before the 5th direct fight was added was 85%. QF have made plans to make the flight daily. Not too bad i would say.........
Old February 11th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #27
TOCC

Likes (Received): 2781

good to see the Brisbane Airport gaining some massive momentum, ive seen it in the news heaps lately.

Ive heard long term rumours that things like a convention centre and the like are possible.
TOCC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #28
Maroon Grown
QUEENSLANDER!!!

Likes (Received): 182

Brisbane needs some more flights to North America. Like San Fran, Seattle and Vancouver. It doesnt make sense to fly to south to syd or melb to go north.

Having said that, i spose u need the numbers. we would be close to that sort of demand here i would think. i met a lot of queenslanders on my trip to canada
Maroon Grown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 02:03 AM   #29
Orfeo

January Figures -

International - 342,055 (3.87%)
Domestic - 1,012,036 (5.25%)
Total - 1,363,931 (4.57%)

Better for international passenger, but worse for domestic and total passengers over the previous month, though not by much.
Old February 16th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #30
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 1242

Good that international is up more. No surprise thought, because one Saturday in Jan was the busiest day ever for internationals.
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #31
NCC1701D

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzyChris
Good that international is up more. No surprise thought, because one Saturday in Jan was the busiest day ever for internationals.
"Sunday 8 January was the busiest day ever for Brisbane Airport's International Terminal. A total of 14,313 passengers passed through the terminal"

As quoted in City News Issue 125 - 16/02/06
NCC1701D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 02:46 AM   #32
Aussie Bhoy

Likes (Received): 10312

Couple of pictures from the carpark, showing the railway link to the domestic terminals.

Aussie Bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #33
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 1332

Apparently, so i have heard. Well everyone knows by now that Virgin blue is going international, well the 1st route is going to be Brisbane to LA direct... and another would be Brisbane to Las Vegas... this is just a rumour but if Virgin Blue get the right to have "Virgin Blue" in international Sky's instead of being under the name of Atlantic, they will choose to buy only Boeing 787 and Airbus A350's.
SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #34
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 1242

Virgin is already international with Pacific Blue flying to NZ.
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #35
FreedomCall

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Bhoy
Couple of pictures from the carpark, showing the railway link to the domestic terminals.
Nice pics, thanks! I just realised, the railway looks a bit like some sort of extension was planned to be realised one day. I mean the overhanging end. Could this be possible or is it just a design "feature"?
Sorry if discussed already or just a stupid question because there's nothing where this line could be extended to, it's just this information didn't get to Germany (yet ).
FreedomCall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2006, 02:27 AM   #36
Orfeo

^
A design feature I would say, as if the line were to continue it would cross a runway/taxiway. Plus there is already a line that services areas adjacent to the airport.
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:21 AM   #37
Aussie Bhoy

Likes (Received): 10312

Maybe there is a plan one day for another terminal near the new strip, and the rail could extend to it? Long way ahead, but maybe, Heathrow has 2 tube stations and also another station for the Paddington Express line.
Aussie Bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:29 AM   #38
Wezza
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulvisionQ1
Apparently, so i have heard. Well everyone knows by now that Virgin blue is going international, well the 1st route is going to be Brisbane to LA direct... and another would be Brisbane to Las Vegas... this is just a rumour but if Virgin Blue get the right to have "Virgin Blue" in international Sky's instead of being under the name of Atlantic, they will choose to buy only Boeing 787 and Airbus A350's.
Virgin Blue won't be using Virgin in the name for it's new airline unless they get permission from Singapore Airlines (A major shareholder in Virgin Atlantic) to do so. I'm pretty sure they won't want to anyway, it's not going to be a no frills setup like the domestic operation is.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:33 AM   #39
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 1332

but now singapore air is banned from flying from sydney to LA
SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:01 PM   #40
Wezza
©

That was pretty much on the cards anyway. It came as no surprise. SQ still have the last say on whether DJ could use Virgin in the name for the transpacific airline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mandurahboyz