BMO TOWER | 335 FT | 25 FL | T/O - Page 24 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Milwaukee

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:38 AM   #461
Cocory

Likes (Received): 207

Super unfortunate, huge wall with 3 stripes.
Cocory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:38 PM   #462
wndrlst

Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milwaukee View Post
I preferred the previous rendering as well, but they didnít update it after the fact. The renderings for what weíre seeing being built were made public before construction started. This has been the official rendering since at least November 2017 when the ceremonial groundbreaking took place. Thereís no bait and switch going on. The other rendering was from when the project was first announced in 2016.
Not accurate at least based on what images were displayed on their website. I don't feel there was a "bait and switch", still glad to have a new building - it is just unfortunate that they had a vision that was much better and then decided at some point to cheapen it.

mkemsp, hailmike, eaglesfant37 liked this post
wndrlst no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 10:46 PM   #463
VVisconsin08

Likes (Received): 8897

Looking at the construction cam, this building looks massive now. It’s got another couple floors to go but I can’t help but thinking it should rise another 10-15 floors. I think the differences in the glass for the tower will become less pronounced as the glass continues to wrap the building.

wndrlst liked this post
VVisconsin08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 02:37 AM   #464
VVisconsin08

Likes (Received): 8897

This tower is really starting to create a nice wall along Water St. It’s also become pretty visible in the skyline from outside the immediate core. Looks good and will look even better covered in the glass.

Last edited by VVisconsin08; May 28th, 2019 at 02:45 AM.
VVisconsin08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 04:00 AM   #465
Cocory

Super pretty
Old June 8th, 2019, 03:04 PM   #466
skylinedude

Likes (Received): 764

Recent pictures of the tower have crossed the 20 story level. I would guess that the top steel structure is around 22 or 23 stories.

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/findorffson/bmotower/
Old June 11th, 2019, 02:27 AM   #467
dtloken

Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinedude View Post
Recent pictures of the tower have crossed the 20 story level. I would guess that the top steel structure is around 22 or 23 stories.

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/findorffson/bmotower/
I was wondering how close this is to being topped out. You can see it from Clybourn even now.

jlf8532 liked this post
dtloken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 11:30 PM   #468
RobMKE

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtloken View Post
I was wondering how close this is to being topped out. You can see it from Clybourn even now.
Comparing to the renderings, it appears the structure is topped out already. The exterior will extend one story higher (where the large BMO lettering is on the rendering) but it will probably be just a facade to conceal the mechanicals on the roof.

hailmike, embora, cztech liked this post
RobMKE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:43 PM   #469
Cocory

BMO TOWER | 335 FT | 25 FL | U/C

It doesnít look topped out at all compared to the rendering looks like it needs a couple more floors.!

Last edited by Cocory; June 13th, 2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:43 PM   #470
SledHead

Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocory View Post
It doesnít look topped out at all compared to the rendering looks like it need a couple more floors.!
Please think before you post. Iíve held back for years Ö but Iím just not in the holding back mood today. Most of us who read/participate in the forum are looking forward to thoughtful or insightful opinions from other posters. Your posts frequently miss the target of insightful or well thought out. Though I keep updated on the forum daily, this is the biggest reason I rarely post. I donít care about driving up an artificial ďpostĒ count to stroke my ego, so I typically only post if I feel I really have something of quality to add, or a strong opinion to share Ė such as now. I am honestly not saying this to be attacky, and I do not want to discourage your enthusiastic participation. I simply want to encourage you (and a few others) to really think through (and research, if/when needed) what it is you want to say. When one posts mis-guided, mis-informed and/or otherwise simply ignorant or unfounded opinions, the result is that others will be unlikely to take anything else you say seriously.

In this case, simply take a look at the BMO renderings. Count the floors above the parking plinth. Then check the webcam. What is currently framed out is exactly as RobMKE stated Ė all occupied floors, minus the one level of additional framing for screening the rooftop equipment and penthouse. (Fortunately, the screenwall will all be wrapped in the same glass curtainwall, giving the appearance of one additional floor.)

hailmike, UDubs liked this post
SledHead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:11 PM   #471
MilwaukeeMike
Sliceline CEO of Fun

Likes (Received): 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledHead View Post
Please think before you post. I’ve held back for years … but I’m just not in the holding back mood today. Most of us who read/participate in the forum are looking forward to thoughtful or insightful opinions from other posters. Your posts frequently miss the target of insightful or well thought out. Though I keep updated on the forum daily, this is the biggest reason I rarely post. I don’t care about driving up an artificial “post” count to stroke my ego, so I typically only post if I feel I really have something of quality to add, or a strong opinion to share – such as now. I am honestly not saying this to be attacky, and I do not want to discourage your enthusiastic participation. I simply want to encourage you (and a few others) to really think through (and research, if/when needed) what it is you want to say. When one posts mis-guided, mis-informed and/or otherwise simply ignorant or unfounded opinions, the result is that others will be unlikely to take anything else you say seriously.

In this case, simply take a look at the BMO renderings. Count the floors above the parking plinth. Then check the webcam. What is currently framed out is exactly as RobMKE stated – all occupied floors, minus the one level of additional framing for screening the rooftop equipment and penthouse. (Fortunately, the screenwall will all be wrapped in the same glass curtainwall, giving the appearance of one additional floor.)
You mean posts like when you posted the following...

August 9th, 2018, 05:42 AM
" RETAIL | RESTAURANTS | HOTELS
Views: 132,353
Posted By SledHead
RETAIL | RESTAURANTS | HOTELS

:-)"

A smiley face doesn't seem to add anything "thoughtful or insightful" to the conversation....

Of course I'm just joking around... I've never actually thought people on here were trying to "drive up" their artificial post count... Just seems like a big waste of time on an obscure skyscraper forum.. My biggest gripe is when I see a dormant thread come to life... I get all jazzed up about some news.... And then find out it's literally someone asking, "Is there any update on this?".... Really.... Don't you think if there was new news we would POST IT HERE!!!!!!! Ahhhhh.... Ok - I'm done complaining...
Listen to the Milwaukee based Podcast Locations Unknown - a show that explores mysterious unsolved disappearances in North America's Wilderness! @Locations Unknown Podcast Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, PlayerFM, and anywhere Podcasts are played.

Locations Unknown
MilwaukeeMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:42 AM   #472
Cocory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledHead View Post
Please think before you post. Iíve held back for years Ö but Iím just not in the holding back mood today. Most of us who read/participate in the forum are looking forward to thoughtful or insightful opinions from other posters. Your posts frequently miss the target of insightful or well thought out. Though I keep updated on the forum daily, this is the biggest reason I rarely post. I donít care about driving up an artificial ďpostĒ count to stroke my ego, so I typically only post if I feel I really have something of quality to add, or a strong opinion to share Ė such as now. I am honestly not saying this to be attacky, and I do not want to discourage your enthusiastic participation. I simply want to encourage you (and a few others) to really think through (and research, if/when needed) what it is you want to say. When one posts mis-guided, mis-informed and/or otherwise simply ignorant or unfounded opinions, the result is that others will be unlikely to take anything else you say seriously.

In this case, simply take a look at the BMO renderings. Count the floors above the parking plinth. Then check the webcam. What is currently framed out is exactly as RobMKE stated Ė all occupied floors, minus the one level of additional framing for screening the rooftop equipment and penthouse. (Fortunately, the screenwall will all be wrapped in the same glass curtainwall, giving the appearance of one additional floor.)

Ok this was unnecessary, I just looked at the renderings and it looks a bit taller than what the building is now.. sorry just an opinion and I thought for sure that it had a few more floors to go, I counted it right after I posted saw it was 23 floors but kept the post to see if anyone noticed it looked a bit shorter than the renders....
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:45 AM   #473
Cocory

BMO TOWER | 335 FT | 25 FL | U/C

Also kind of annoying how rude some of you guys can be. Weíre all here to enjoy buildings and architecture. Itís not that serious and it should be a harmless thread where anyone can post anything on how they feel of a building or what they think of a building and or project.....
Old June 14th, 2019, 03:58 AM   #474
Paule

Likes (Received): 1412

I just looked at the webcam and I only count 24 floors completed.

MKE-bound, Cocory liked this post
Paule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 07:50 PM   #476
MKERevival
Just a Source of Opinion

Likes (Received): 5671

Last piece of steel put in place?

Wisconsin Breweries Map: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1075...jWnONeAyafvqLw
MKERevival no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2019, 11:56 PM   #477
mbradleyc

Likes (Received): 5630

Irgens details plans for redevelopment of BMO building in downtown Milwaukee

A marketing brochure for the project refers to it at 770 North. It also depicts either a hotel or multi-family units on the second through 10th floors, with office space on floors 11 through 20. The 21st story would be used for building services, and at the top would be a green roof.

“We’re anticipating a total redevelopment of the building,” Irgens said. “We’ll gut the interior, and we’ll save some of the common areas such as the marble lobbies and floors, and historic sorts of things like the bank lobby. But we’ll take everything (else) down to the studs, and then we’ll put in all new HVAC systems, all new electrical, we’ll put in a new window system.”

The building’s exterior will be cleaned later this summer, Irgens added, which will provide “a major change in just how it will look.” About 50 years’ worth of grit will be taken off the building (built in 1967), resulting in a more buff, or light brownish yellow, color.

What’s more, Irgens has a requirement in its leases with BMO and Michael Best & Friedrich, another tenant moving into the new BMO Tower, that the exterior windows at the existing building will be replaced. The developer, therefore, is looking to install floor-to-ceiling glass windows there.

mbradleyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2019, 03:14 PM   #478
Boatnurd

Likes (Received): 1847

Photo from the Biz Times link above.

Old June 26th, 2019, 04:17 PM   #479
brewcitymilwaukee

Likes (Received): 1349

I really like the vision they have for the facade. It blends old Milwaukee with new Milwaukee. I also like that they didnít update it into a glass box. I like glass buildings but Iíve been to cities where thatís all they have and it does not look good to me. I wouldnít mind a couple more glass towers but I hope the general direction of high rise architect changes after we get two or three more so the skyline doesnít get overwhelming with blue glass.

Id.Wi. liked this post
brewcitymilwaukee está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2019, 04:40 PM   #480
Id.Wi.

Likes (Received): 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcitymilwaukee View Post
I really like the vision they have for the facade. It blends old Milwaukee with new Milwaukee. I also like that they didnít update it into a glass box. I like glass buildings but Iíve been to cities where thatís all they have and it does not look good to me. I wouldnít mind a couple more glass towers but I hope the general direction of high rise architect changes after we get two or three more so the skyline doesnít get overwhelming with blue glass.

I completely agree. I donít know if this architecture is considered brutalist or modernist but I love the look of the dark structure combined with light glass. They did a nice job with the Wells Fargo building on west Wisconsin. I just wish they had better plans for the lot on broadway, something more mixed use instead of just parking.

brewcitymilwaukee, hailmike liked this post
Id.Wi. está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
development, juneautown, milwaukee, office building