Congolese Airlines - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery Cityscapes, skylines and landscapes

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 4th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #61
Pius
The Urban Man

Likes (Received): 2707

Pius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #62
preme3000

Likes (Received): 984

LAC news
Quote:
AVIC (Aviation Industry of China) International Holding Corp, an import and export subsidiary of China Aviation Industry Corp, said it has signed an agreement to deliver eight aircraft to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

The aircraft, which will be delivered to LAC, the DRC's national airline, are six Modern Ark 60 (MA60) and two Y-12 light aircraft.

The MA60, produced by AVIC's subsidiary, Xi'an Aircraft Industry (Group) Company Ltd, costs between $14 and $15 million on the international market, two-thirds the price of civil airplanes produced by other global manufacturers.

The deal between AVIC and LAC, involving products, after-sales and equipment services, is believed to be worth more than $150 million.

The first two MA60s will be delivered to the DRC on June 20, 2011, and the remainder will be sent in three further batches, AVIC said.

Export-Import Bank of China will provide financial support to AVIC's project, the statement said.

China has in recent years been stepping up exports of civil and defense aircraft. In July, AVIC signed a contract with Venezuela to sell 25 multi-purpose Y-12 light aircraft and two helicopters.

AVIC said it has exported more than 100 Y-12 aircraft to 20 nations since 1986. Last year, the company exported 42 fighter aircraft to Pakistan. Industry analysts said Chinese aircraft companies are exploring new markets such as Egypt.

At present, Chinese trade with African countries is growing at a fast pace, outperforming that of China's major trade partners, including the United States and the European Union. China is currently Africa's largest trade partner.

From January to September this year, China-South Africa trade grew 50.6 percent year-on-year to $17.28 billion, compared with 31.5 percent for trade with the US and 34.4 percent for trade with the EU.

The African Development Bank predicted the continent's economy will grow 4.5 percent this year and 5.2 percent in 2011. Some African nations have far exceeded this rate, with economic growth this year in the DRC expected to rise 12 percent and by 10 percent in Angola.

Source:China Daily
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #63
Pius
The Urban Man

Good for LAC. Maybe this is light at the end of the tunnel, but, frankly, I do not trust the government to run this company successfully. The acquisition of some Chinese made commuter aircraft will not alleviate the economic and social misery the state-run company is going through. LAC owes its employees more than 200 months salary in terms of arrears. The company should be recapitalized and sold to private investors; otherwise, the $ 150 million spent to buy the aircraft will be wasted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #64
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius View Post
Good for LAC. Maybe this is light at the end of the tunnel, but, frankly, I do not trust the government to run this company successfully. The acquisition of some Chinese made commuter aircraft will not alleviate the economic and social misery the state-run company is going through. LAC owes its employees more than 200 months salary in terms of arrears. The company should be recapitalized and sold to private investors; otherwise, the $ 150 million spent to buy the aircraft will be wasted.

+1, recapitalized and sale to private investors.

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #65
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5957

Quote:
You said it all.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #66
screenshotartist
Engineer

Likes (Received): 20

Back in the 80's when we still had an airline.

Captioning that came with it

Quote:
On 2 January 1995 this 737 was written-off in a non-fatal landing accident at Kinshasa. It touched down heavily, the crew reportedly lost control and the aircraft ran off the side of the runway. The nose-gear collapsed and both engines struck the ground and were torn away.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #67
screenshotartist
Engineer

The beauty of competition

Quote:
A new operator in Congo, Will Airlift. WA has to compete with operators Hewa Bora (727, MD83), Wimbi Dira (DC-9, MD83) and CAA (A320) on the Goma-Kinshasa route. Operators had slashed the fares with over 30%. WA suspended flights to Goma due to the stiff competition, but now prices have gone up again the DC-9 might come back
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #68
screenshotartist
Engineer

Congo is on the move despite the presence of a functioning government

Quote:
Sierra Sierra is taxiing towards its parking spot on the Katohi ramp after the plane landed at RWY36, just getting to a stop at 10 meters before the tarmac ended. Services Air 72s are flying cargo mainly between Goma and Kinshasa. The company is planning to bring in a passenger plane as well. Times are changing in Congo: only a couple of years ago it were An-12s flying for these cargo operators. Now there is no civil (9Q-) An-12 remaining in DRC, only a couple military ones are left (9T-registered).
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #69
screenshotartist
Engineer

The last 747 for the country it is also a foreign investment joint venture with UAE

The best part of it all is; It is dead and no longer in service, hasn't flown since like 2003 just sits at Sharjah - International airport

Old November 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #70
screenshotartist
Engineer

I had so much hope for this airline It operate decent modern aircrafts back in 2003 it was the bomb, Now its collapsed

Quote:
This 707 had been parked at Sharjah for a long time. It eventually left in 2007 and is now stored at Luanda. It started life with British Caledonian!
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #71
Pius
The Urban Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
I had so much hope for this airline It operate decent modern aircrafts back in 2003 it was the bomb, Now its collapsed

Where the devil was this company operating, who owned it? I have never heard of it before.
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #72
kaps76

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by preme3000 View Post
LAC news
Here what the planes looks like. I am not a big fan of propeller's plane but from this we can obviously conclude these are to be used mainly for domestic routes.

Would like to see more advances airplanes like the 737 or the A320.

MA-60

Y-12
kaps76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #73
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5957

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps76 View Post
Here what the planes looks like. I am not a big fan of propeller's plane but from this we can obviously conclude these are to be used mainly for domestic routes.

Would like to see more advances airplanes like the 737 or the A320.
Even for domestic routes. those propeller planes are ugly and poor and small and slow.

That was waste of money (like usual, experts in wasting money).

Besides. the busiest routes aren't even that many. Kin, Lubu, Goma, Mb-M, Kisangani . Like you said i would love to see the 737 and A320, A310s.

6 of these modern crafts could very well serve the country without the flying coffins from HBA and CAA.

But like usual.One can not expect anything from Morons that are in the government.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #74
Pius
The Urban Man

Executive Jet Services

Boeing 727-223

Old November 19th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #75
nairoberry

Likes (Received): 1548

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
Hewa bora CEO explains it all in these two vids. Also highlights the shame of Congolese aviation

Part 1

Part 2 It shows the man shopping at the Junkyard

this is unacceptable!!!!

NO! i refuse to accept that this is the condition of air transportation DRC. NO! THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!

it is a pity that once the great and booming air trasportation sector of DRC has been reduced to a sorry state.

i did not understand the language but the video talks for itself. to see the russian pilot being interviewed and acting like everything is good acting like he doesnt give a flying sh!t just makes me wanna slap the sh!t out of him. and he is not even trying to co-operate with the inspector or answer questions about the safety of the aircraft while the plane is loaded with our women and our infant babies and our men.

i do not know wether to be angry at the airline company? the DRC govt? the western nations and their embargos on congo, or just plain out blame the people of congo for accepting mediocracy as a norm.

speaking as a fellow african and more so a human being, the deplorable condition of air transportation cannot be allowed to continue. SOMETHING GOTTA CHANGE AND CHANGE NOW!!!!!!!!

damn that documentary just made me mad and i dont know exactly who or what to be mad at. i am just mad

dear mama africa, why do you let you children suffer so much? what have we your african children done wrong to you mama???

it is this kinds of things in africa that make me feel like breakdown crying, helpless and give up hope on africa.

sorry for the random rant guys. i did not mean any harm

i gotta calm down
nairoberry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #76
screenshotartist
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairoberry View Post
this is unacceptable!!!!

NO! i refuse to accept that this is the condition of air transportation DRC. NO! THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!

it is a pity that once the great and booming air trasportation sector of DRC has been reduced to a sorry state.

i did not understand the language but the video talks for itself. to see the russian pilot being interviewed and acting like everything is good acting like he doesnt give a flying sh!t just makes me wanna slap the sh!t out of him. and he is not even trying to co-operate with the inspector or answer questions about the safety of the aircraft while the plane is loaded with our women and our infant babies and our men.

i do not know wether to be angry at the airline company? the DRC govt? the western nations and their embargos on congo, or just plain out blame the people of congo for accepting mediocracy as a norm.

speaking as a fellow african and more so a human being, the deplorable condition of air transportation cannot be allowed to continue. SOMETHING GOTTA CHANGE AND CHANGE NOW!!!!!!!!

damn that documentary just made me mad and i dont know exactly who or what to be mad at. i am just mad

dear mama africa, why do you let you children suffer so much? what have we your african children done wrong to you mama???

it is this kinds of things in africa that make me feel like breakdown crying, helpless and give up hope on africa.

i gotta calm down

Its all Good.

We have been Ranting for a Long time Now

Back in the 70's and 80's Kenya Airways nor Ethiopian airways could match Air Zaire

Now
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #77
Pius
The Urban Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairoberry View Post
this is unacceptable!!!!

i gotta calm down

Your anger is amply justified; it is just beyond comprehension that such appalling conditions could exist in 21st century Africa. Fortunately, to your solace, things have improved considerably since this video was shot. Like the rest of the national economy, the Congolese civil aviation was totally disrupted as a consequence of the war. Now, the government, the civil aviation authorities and, indeed, the operating airlines are putting the house back in order. For example, CAA, the incriminated airline in the report, is now operating modern – albeit relatively old – aircraft types (Airbus, Fokker, MD-81). With the current modernization of national airport infrastructures, the DRC will soon meet the international safety standards in civil aviation. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Old November 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #78
Pius
The Urban Man

Executive Jet Services

A Hawker Seddeley HS-125 flying from Libreville/Gabon to Kinshasa/RDC

Old November 19th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #79
nairoberry

Likes (Received): 1548

Quote:
Your anger is amply justified; it is just beyond comprehension that such appalling conditions could exist in 21st century Africa. Fortunately, to your solace, things have improved considerably since this video was shot. Like the rest of the national economy, the Congolese civil aviation was totally disrupted as a consequence of the war. Now, the government, the civil aviation authorities and, indeed, the operating airlines are putting the house back in order. For example, CAA, the incriminated airline in the report, is now operating modern – albeit relatively old – aircraft types (Airbus, Fokker, MD-81). With the current modernization of national airport infrastructures, the DRC will soon meet the international safety standards in civil aviation. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
it is good to hear there is considerable progress. i just couldnt believe that the govt would let this continue. i would like to see NEW airplanes brought in and more renovated airports like the one that was just rehabilitated.

hopefully within the next 5 or so yrs things will be completely different
nairoberry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:23 AM   #80
screenshotartist
Engineer

Quote:
Executive Jet Services

A Hawker Seddeley HS-125 flying from Libreville/Gabon to Kinshasa/RDC

That is a Gabonese Jet flying to Kinshasa. It is not Congolese owned. The above one you posted I think IS the one owned by Congo
Advertisement