BMO TOWER | 335 FT | 25 FL | T/O - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Milwaukee

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 6th, 2016, 11:02 PM   #1
MilwaukeeMax
🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲

Likes (Received): 4469

BMO TOWER | 335 FT | 25 FL | T/O

I'm going to take RedLion727 for his word and create a thread based on the numbers he gave for the BMO Harris tower proposal coming this week. We can always edit the title of this thread if those numbers change or are different.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...s-for-new.html

VVisconsin08, needhair, munchymunch liked this post
MilwaukeeMax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 6th, 2016, 11:19 PM   #2
eaglesfant37

Likes (Received): 2064

Man if this is information is correct and only one of the towers splat mentioned, I cannot wait for the other. Whether Washington Square is built or not, Milwaukee's top ten tallest could be almost completely different in just five years. It is also nice to see a possible tower proposed in the heart of downtown instead of on the edges along the water. It should add some nice depth.

Hopefully we will see renderings of the renovated BMO tower soon as well.

MilwaukeeMax, RN_NM, MKERevival, needhair liked this post
eaglesfant37 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 11:26 PM   #3
MilwaukeeMax
🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲

Likes (Received): 4469

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfant37 View Post
Man if this is information is correct and only one of the towers splat mentioned, I cannot wait for the other. Whether Washington Square is built or not, Milwaukee's top ten tallest could be almost completely different in just five years. It is also nice to see a possible tower proposed in the heart of downtown instead of on the edges along the water. It should add some nice depth.

Agreed. I was at a transportation equity summit at MATC on Saturday, and it made me realize that we definitely need more in-fill over there too. There's a giant surface lot on State between 6th and Lovell (7th) that really ought to be developed. Hopefully the new arena district will spill over to this lot being developed soon too.

Always glad to see parking structures and parking lots go bye bye in favour of an actual development.
MilwaukeeMax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 6th, 2016, 11:43 PM   #4
MKE-MSP-CHI

Likes (Received): 4687

Max, I agree with you - and there lot of parking lots everywhere downtown. It's most noticeable (for me) along Clyborne, by GA, MATC, MSOE (especially along the river, seriously what moron allowed surface lots on a river....), around Schlitz, and nearly 1/2 of the Third Ward.

Personally though, I can't wait for the remaining waterfront lots to be by built on, and the Park East to be fully developed. Bringing in out of town guests to Bucks games was downright depressing before. That desolation certainly didn't help sway their opinions toward the city in a positive direction. Again, if even HALF of the developments proposed actually happen - I'll be very happy.

MilwaukeeMax, MKERevival liked this post
MKE-MSP-CHI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 11:50 PM   #5
splat8

Likes (Received): 6959

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfant37 View Post

This is the proposal I have been hinting at. Also to answer some of the questions being posed on the main thread / satisfy MKERevival's request for more information, I also heard that this building was going to be 25 floors like RedLion727 so take that for what it is worth. I heard 10 floors of parking with a 15 floor office component above. I also heard that it would resemble 833 E Michigan, however it would have more of a rounded feel to it. I hope this is enough detail to satisfy people until renderings are officially released.

Last edited by splat8; December 7th, 2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added information
splat8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 11:58 PM   #6
eaglesfant37

Likes (Received): 2064

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat8 View Post
This is the proposal I have been hinting at. Also to answer some of the questions being posed on the main thread / satisfy MKERevival's request for more information, I also heard that this building was going to be 25 floors like ReLion727 so take that for what it is worth. I heard 10 floors of parking with a 15 floor office component above. I also heard that it would resemble 833 E Michigan, however it would have more of a rounded feel to it. I hope this is enough detail to satisfy people until renderings are officially released.
I mistakenly thought you were referring to two different unannounced towers. Either way it is great news.
eaglesfant37 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 01:01 AM   #7
VVisconsin08

Likes (Received): 8896

Sounds like a great project. Replacing the parking structure there will do wonders for activating the street around city hall. Assuming that the new building is glassy, I have a feeling it probably will be, it will loook really cool to have city hall reflecting on it. I hope that they can find some way to reface the existing building or develop a plan to do something with the land before they tear down what is already there. Some apartments or condos there could be an exciting addition to the area.

Mesheke, RN_NM, MKERevival liked this post
VVisconsin08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:39 AM   #8
Yeled

Likes (Received): 1114

Yep, as others have said, I'm just excited to see the parking structure come down at that site. Everything else is gravy.
Yeled no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 07:47 AM   #9
t94

Likes (Received): 909

Great news. I could see, however, NIMBY's throwing a hissy fit over the fact that this will probably dwarf city hall.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 02:57 PM   #10
MilwaukeeMike
Sliceline CEO of Fun

Likes (Received): 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by t94 View Post
Great news. I could see, however, NIMBY's throwing a hissy fit over the fact that this will probably dwarf city hall.
I doubt this - the NIMBY's in this case would be the city itself and I doubt they will turn down the added tax base on the basis that it's taller than city hall. If this were Madison and the State Capital - then yes - but not here.
Old December 7th, 2016, 03:45 PM   #11
Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Likes (Received): 1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeMike View Post
I doubt this - the NIMBY's in this case would be the city itself and I doubt they will turn down the added tax base on the basis that it's taller than city hall. If this were Madison and the State Capital - then yes - but not here.
yeah. and in addition to that, this proposal would be built literally right next door to the already existing 21 floor/267' BMO office tower, so a new building that's only 4 floors/58' taller could hardly be considered out of context for the area.

also, city hall is 353' to the roof, 393' to the tip of the flag pole, so this proposed 325' tower certainly won't be in any danger of dwarfing it.

anyway, this is some exciting news. Milwaukee is on a roll!

MKERevival, needhair, embora liked this post
Steely Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #12
MKERevival
Just a Source of Opinion

Likes (Received): 5671

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat8 View Post
This is the proposal I have been hinting at. Also to answer some of the questions being posed on the main thread / satisfy MKERevival's request for more information, I also heard that this building was going to be 25 floors like RedLion727 so take that for what it is worth. I heard 10 floors of parking with a 15 floor office component above. I also heard that it would resemble 833 E Michigan, however it would have more of a rounded feel to it. I hope this is enough detail to satisfy people until renderings are officially released.
Yup! Thanks for the further info, though.

Wisconsin Breweries Map: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1075...jWnONeAyafvqLw
MKERevival no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 06:13 PM   #13
UDubs

Likes (Received): 1322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
also, city hall is 353' to the roof, 393' to the tip of the flag pole, so this proposed 325' tower certainly won't be in any danger of dwarfing it.
I'm a bit hesitant here. I think the right move for the building is definitely a glassy one that reflects parts of City Hall and almost disappears into a shimmering reflection of the sky. Depending on the massing of it, though, I think it could definitely feel like it dwarfs City Hall, despite being shorter than "the roof" of the tower, which is already much higher up than the main roof. The southern face of City Hall is really narrow and tall, and I think that from certain angles, the existing BMO building already dwarfs it, which a taller, closer building would do even more. I think that could be limited by putting the new building at the northeast corner of the lot and keeping the western face in line with that of the current parking structure. That would also balance the block better and activate Broadway

I'm really curious about the massing of this. The property 778 Van Buren includes both the BMO tower and parking garage, but BMO also owns 769 N Broadway, the parking lot on that block. I hope they don't use all of it and leave at least part open for some future development.

That being said, I'm excited to see more action not directly on the lakefront or river, and this sounds like it could be a very positive improvement.

hailmike, VVisconsin08 liked this post
UDubs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 06:44 PM   #14
RN_NM

Likes (Received): 2682

Working at home today, had the news on and they just said they're expected to release details tomorrow.

MilwaukeeMax liked this post
RN_NM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #15
proMKE

Likes (Received): 8

https://goo.gl/rPTif9

hailmike, Mesheke, splat8, RN_NM liked this post
proMKE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:13 PM   #16
hailmike

Likes (Received): 852

Quote:
Originally Posted by proMKE View Post
I like it!
hailmike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:35 PM   #17
badgers1

Likes (Received): 567

looks great! exceeded my expectations.

j-hah liked this post
badgers1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:44 PM   #18
splat8

Likes (Received): 6959

I think this is my favorite rendering from the Business Journal coverage of the project reveal today:

splat8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:45 PM   #19
Yeled

Likes (Received): 1114

Looks very nice.
Yeled no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:48 PM   #20
Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Likes (Received): 1957

NML is topped out.

777 N van buren is currently rising.

Demo at the couture site has begun in earnest.

and now another new tower is proposed sorta out of the blue, and it looks like it's going to go forward quickly!

keep on rolling, milwaukee! #redefinedskyline
Advertisement

Tags
development, juneautown, milwaukee, office building