BMO TOWER | 335 FT | 25 FL | T/O - Page 14 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Milwaukee

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2018, 04:22 AM   #261
RobMKE

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatnurd View Post
What does the sloped foundation do above a standard full dig foundation? And, is the pour going to be 5-6 feet deep?
I think the slope is just part of the design of the new parking garage, plus it saves money. The eastern (upper) end of the foundation is being built on top of the foundation of the old parking garage and appears to be 3-4 ft thick and will have three voids in it. The western (sloped and lower) part of the foundation is going on bare ground and appears to be about 5 ft thick where it meets the existing building, and even thicker to the north.

Boatnurd, RN_NM, hailmike liked this post
RobMKE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2018, 02:30 PM   #262
toekneeMKE

Likes (Received): 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatnurd View Post
What does the sloped foundation do above a standard full dig foundation? And, is the pour going to be 5-6 feet deep?
Not sure I follow your first question but you can see their forms along the edge of the foundation (black boards) looks to be about 4 or 5 feet deep.
Old May 16th, 2018, 02:37 AM   #263
atjacobmajor
KBT Resident & MKE Native

Likes (Received): 333

I am torn as to whether or not I support the idea of wrapping around the new tower's predecessor. While the density and the cover-up of the old (IMO, hideous) building is nice, I still feel as if it not only could be put to greater use in boosting the skyline elsewhere but also as if it will take away from the short but stunning and (kind of) iconic City-Hall. Infill, however, is what I feel Milwaukee needs, so I suppose it's all for the better. 🤷*♀️

wndrlst liked this post
atjacobmajor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2018, 11:12 PM   #264
RN_NM

Likes (Received): 2682

This tower has to almost be ready for a pour, or am I just being too anxious for this to start to rise? lol
RN_NM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 11:41 PM   #265
phxtravelboy

Likes (Received): 838

Does anyone know why the crane has already been erected even though it appears they're still doing the foundation work? Do they use the crane to manuever around things for the foundation such as rebar (if they use that) or other things? Each time I've checked the camera it seems like the crane is just idle.
phxtravelboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 12:20 AM   #266
catiator

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxtravelboy View Post
Does anyone know why the crane has already been erected even though it appears they're still doing the foundation work? Do they use the crane to manuever around things for the foundation such as rebar (if they use that) or other things? Each time I've checked the camera it seems like the crane is just idle.
The crane has been helping workers move bundles of rebar and other construction elements into the foundation. The site is relatively tight and the foundation flanks cannot easily accommodate smaller mobile cranes for the job. The tower crane can move rebar from a couple drop-off points to anywhere on the construction site.

phxtravelboy, Coldwake liked this post
catiator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2018, 12:29 AM   #267
atjacobmajor

Update! Update!

Walked past here today, here are some photos!

There were many workers on site, and the crane was moving around, however, I didn't see what it was carrying. It looks as if they are just finishing the rebar laying, and should start pouring any day now.

Old May 18th, 2018, 03:02 PM   #268
RobMKE

I went back into the NML tower thread (post #138), the pour for that mat foundation took nearly 1,000 truckloads of concrete over a period of 27 hours starting at 7PM on a Friday. I don't think this foundation is quite that large (probably 500-700 truckloads based on google maps/webcam estimate) but I would expect it to occur over an upcoming weekend - perhaps next weekend (26th).

phxtravelboy liked this post

Last edited by RobMKE; May 18th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 08:12 PM   #269
RobMKE

Looks like all of the horizontal rebar/plumbing/electrical conduit is finished, they are now installing vertical rebar for the locations of the columns and structural walls (core, etc)...possible they could be ready to pour this weekend...but there is rain in the forecast.
Old May 29th, 2018, 06:12 PM   #270
RobMKE

Light towers are being delivered today...the pour will be soon.
Old May 29th, 2018, 08:21 PM   #271
Coldwake
Voice of Reason (usually)

Likes (Received): 1492

Thanks for your continued updates, Rob!

Boatnurd liked this post
Coldwake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:23 AM   #272
RobMKE

It looks like the pour is scheduled for this weekend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

EAST WELLS STREET – NORTH BROADWAY TO NORTH WATER STREET (4TH) (POLICE DISTRICT 1)
It is anticipated that from Friday, June 1 at 9:00 A.M. to Sunday, June 3 at 10:00 P.M. that this roadway will be closed for the BMO Tower Project. Northbound traffic will remain open on North Market Street. (Sharon Betthauser – Work: 286-3632)

http://city.milwaukee.gov/mpw/divisi...m#.Ww8_Je4vzmg
Old May 31st, 2018, 06:12 PM   #273
RobMKE

Edit: The "tower's foundation" statistics described in the article are actually for just the tower crane foundation.

BMO Tower to embark on 25-hour concrete pour this weekend
https://dailyreporter.com/2018/05/30...-this-weekend/

Think you’ve got a busy weekend ahead? It could be worse.

On Saturday, crews will embark on a 25-hour concrete pour to lay the foundation of the proposed BMO Harris Tower in downtown Milwaukee. When finished, the work will constitute one of the largest concrete pours in state history.

Mokena, Illinois-based Ozinga Bros. will supply concrete for the massive pour, which is scheduled to start at midnight on Friday and run into the wee hours of Sunday morning. The tower’s foundation will require some 700,000 pounds of concrete and 16 support pillars, each of which will plunge as far as 85 feet into the ground.

Crews broke ground on the BMO Tower in November, replacing a parking garage across from city hall. In early April, crews erected a 280-foot-tall crane to assist with vertical construction as work wrapped up on the building’s foundation.

BMO Harris Bank and the law firm Michael Best & Friedrich have signed on to be the building’s biggest tenants. The law firm itself has already committed to occupying about 50 percent of the tower’s office space, Rob Oldenburg, vice president of development at Irgens Partners, the tower developer, said in April. The commercial real estate firm Colliers International is marketing the remaining space.

Kahler Slater, an architecture firm out of Milwaukee, designed the glass tower and Madison-based J.H. Findorff & Son is the general contractor working on the project. Crews expect to complete about 10 stories of the project— dedicated for a parking garage — by the end of the year. The remaining 14 stories will be used for office space.

Coldwake, gobrewers, VVisconsin08, RN_NM liked this post

Last edited by RobMKE; June 1st, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old May 31st, 2018, 08:18 PM   #274
RedLion727

Likes (Received): 833

Dumb question but what's the best/easiest way to upload pictures from a phone to this site? I have a good vantage point from my office and I'd like to upload a few photos I've taken.
RedLion727 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2018, 08:20 PM   #275
NathanPlotkin_MKE

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLion727 View Post
Dumb question but what's the best/easiest way to upload pictures from a phone to this site? I have a good vantage point from my office and I'd like to upload a few photos I've taken.
Through the app probably
NathanPlotkin_MKE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2018, 08:44 PM   #276
atjacobmajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLion727 View Post
If your phone was made in the last 5 years, the pictures will be way too big. Use a website like this: http://www.resize2mail.com/ or download an app that resizes pictures before posting.
atjacobmajor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2018, 09:14 PM   #277
RedLion727

Likes (Received): 833

Per the email we received from corporate: "the continuous pour over the weekend will involve 6,700 cubic yard of concrete, 600 tons of rebar and 700 trucks."
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:55 AM   #278
Boatnurd

Likes (Received): 1847

The BMO webcam has been turned off. At least the option of getting in close with camera 3. Wonder why this is. Was hoping to watch the pour. Will try again later as maybe they are repositioning it.

Last edited by Boatnurd; June 2nd, 2018 at 02:32 PM.
Boatnurd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:31 PM   #279
Boatnurd

Likes (Received): 1847

BMO Pour

Camera back online:

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/findorffson/bmotower/

VVisconsin08, RN_NM liked this post

Last edited by Boatnurd; June 2nd, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
Boatnurd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 05:26 PM   #280
RobMKE

The Daily Reporter seems to be the only outlet paying attention: https://dailyreporter.com/2018/06/02...for-bmo-tower/

Urban Milwaukee now has a story: https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2018/06/0...for-bmo-tower/

Last edited by RobMKE; June 2nd, 2018 at 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
development, juneautown, milwaukee, office building