Kananga, Mbuji-Mayi | City Gallery - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery Cityscapes, skylines and landscapes

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM   #1
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5957

Kananga, Mbuji-Mayi | City Gallery

The city of Mbuji-Mayi

PPRD HQ in Mbuji -Mayi

BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM   #2
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Cental Banc

Mbuji-Mayi from the air.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; December 3rd, 2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM   #3
The E.N.D
There's cake, right?

Likes (Received): 3682

Looks alright enough.Key sectors?
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM   #4
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The E.N.D View Post
Looks alright enough.Key sectors?

Just Diamond and Food Staffs.

Due to Mobutu's Centralised Economy , and lack of infratucture.

Only South East and Western Congo are industrulised.

Now that the country is federalised and the province has started to keep 40% of diamond revenue things are starting to looking better now.
It's only been one year since the country has gone federal.
Before a 100% of the province's revenu used to go to the central government. Then the province stayed brock.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM   #5
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Kananga city.

Kananga is a city of 1 130,000 million peaple. making it the 4th largest .

Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM   #6
yosef
Ye Kebele Chairman

Likes (Received): 2251

thanks for the pics.
yosef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM   #7
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Kananga train station.

Lulua River around Kananga.

Lulua River around Kananga

Acrobatic fishing in Lulua River.

Old December 5th, 2008, 12:50 AM   #8
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Outside Mbuji-Mayi City.

Old December 5th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #9
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Old December 5th, 2008, 02:31 AM   #10
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Mbuji-Mayi Airport.

A small bridge Outside Mbuji-Mayi.

Old December 5th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #11
preme3000

Likes (Received): 984

keep em coming dude, nice
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #12
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 231

Sad pictures , things have not change and futur does not look good either !

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #13
Yupes
Bana Ya Signa 8

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
Sad pictures , things have not change and futur does not look good either !

Mulopwe
Patient because the future is on their side,as A Wise Old Owl rhyme/poem. The spirit of optimism and commitment can never be overcame.
Astride the tropical rainforests and climbing from the mangroves on the Atlantic coast to the snow covered Ruwenzori mountains and the shores of lake Tanganyika in the east—A unique range of Ecosystems

The war years brought a spiritual awakening among men whose diversions had never before included a study of self-realization. One sweet distilment from the bitter herbs of war! Utopia must spring in the private bosom before it can flower in civic virtue. Man is a soul, not an institution; his inner reforms alone can lend permanence to outer ones.
Yupes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #14
Mulopwe

Yupes,

I hear you my brother. I have given up, with current leadership there is no hope. Both cities have no electricity or clean water....48 years after independence.

Peace,

Mulopwe
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #15
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Yupes,

I hear you my brother. I have given up, with current leadership there is no hope. Both cities have no electricity or clean water....48 years after independence.

Peace,

Mulopwe
Mulopwe , You know the kind of situation the country is in for the last 10 years.

How can you expect change in that kind of situation ? instead the country was destroyed with the help of Jean Pierre Bembe, By the Rwandese, Ugandese and Burundese.

Congo has just had 2 years of democracy, which is being drained back in the gutter.
I do agree with you on one thing , i'm losing faith in the new leadership because they can't beat Nkunda.

But you got to know one thing though. The country has gone Federal system now. and starting next year , there will be 26 provinces instead of 11 , and every province has to keep 40% of revenue.
Only 60% percent will go to the central gov.
Privatisation is being adopted slowly, but carefully.

South africans have Invested about $3 Billion , UAE $ 800 million, Now China $ 9 Billion .

In just 2 years 12 Billions have been invested in the country, and you have Brazil just opened a new office in Lubumbashi for investement in Steel and Iron business. Indian is about to build a hydroelectric DAM between Bandundu and Kasai Occ. , A new cement factory is to built by Kisangani, the Chinese are already building a 90 KM Lubumbashi -Kasumbalesa Freeway. A 95 Km asphalted road construction is now underway. another 75 Km road is under contruction the two in Bandundu region, a 35 Km Urban roads are being rebuild in Kananga.
There are build building Urban roads in Mbuji-Mayi also.
There is a 35 KM roads , Bukavu-Kavumu Airport under contruction.

The $ 2.2 Billion investement by South African Business Men is due to start in early 2009.
Likasi -Kolwezi Highway is under contruction.
Ndjili Airport- Gombe Freeway is to begin in early 2009.

The new Minister of Agruculture has ordered 700 tractors to relunch the Agruculture.

"Hopefully we are also going to have the Brazilans start their venture soon in Steel & Iron and Oil in Equateur, the Australians in Alluminum in Bas-Congo, Koreans in Methane Gas in Lake Kivu"

In all respect , please don't count Mobutu's 32 years . we don't need to focus on the past. It's already gone and we will not get back that time.

I know and undustand how you feel. all we have to do is learn from the past or we are going to repeat it.

These things aren't bad, are they?

Here is how provinces will be like in the next 3 years starting next year.

I personally think it's a good idea , there will be governed better than the big ones.
Good for development . Give it some time like YUPES said it.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; January 31st, 2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #16
Carver02
Mister One Million

Likes (Received): 764

Things are getting better, Mulopwe.

One of the things I've been following is the development of possibly the world's largest undeveloped copper/cobalt mine northwest of Lubumbashi. This will produce up to 250 million pounds of copper per year and 18 million pounds of cobalt per year. In addition to taxes and employment, Congo will benefit because Gecamines owns 17.5% of the operation directly. When copper goes back to $4 (it will get there) this will be awesome.
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #17
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3075

Quote:
Yupes,

Peace,

Mulopwe

That won't be the situation for long. There are plenty of areas now being connected to the electricity grid.
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #18
Mulopwe

Butembo21,

I was in Mbuji Mayi , Kananga and Kinshasa 4 months ago. Things are are not good at all. Clean water and eletricity is the basic. Imagine Mbuji Mayi has over 3 millions, Kananga 2 millions, regideso provide water sporadically at 4am each day for an hour and half.

The number street kids in Kinshasa is unbelievable. Many parents are unable to send theirs childrens in schools because of the fees. Country like ours, primary education should be free.

Look at what is happening in Kivu. Current leadership has failed. Incapable to organise dissent army or police force. Our mothers and sisters are being abuse daily by the so called CNDP.

Current leadership has failed. He is young and inexperience to lead vast and complex nation like ours.

Peace and respect to all,

Mulopwe
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #19
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Butembo21,

I was in Mbuji Mayi , Kananga and Kinshasa 4 months ago. Things are are not good at all. Clean water and eletricity is the basic. Imagine Mbuji Mayi has over 3 millions, Kananga 2 millions, regideso provide water sporadically at 4am each day for an hour and half.

The number street kids in Kinshasa is unbelievable. Many parents are unable to send theirs childrens in schools because of the fees. Country like ours, primary education should be free.

Look at what is happening in Kivu. Current leadership has failed. Incapable to organise dissent army or police force. Our mothers and sisters are being abuse daily by the so called CNDP.

Current leadership has failed. He is young and inexperience to lead vast and complex nation like ours.

Peace and respect to all,

Mulopwe

I totaly agree with you on all these issues, the Police , the Army, Education ,Elctricticy, Agruculture and Health,Espacialy in Big cities , since they all face the same problems.
Don't get me wrong ON THIS.
We can't have all this if we don't have the money, and we can't just invest in one or two things. They have to invest in every of those listed above.

We need to sell our minerals so that we have the money to rebuild, if we don't sell anything then we don't have the money and the result will continue to a sad story.

32 years of Mobutu's nightmare rule, 10 years of agressive and civil war.

It's not going to be easy as you ecpect, the country nedds foreign investements in order to get out the gutter.

Rebuilding a nation that has been destroyed and neglected like ours is no joke or a simple ride.
However, i like the current economic policies so far.

For me , what concerns me the most is Police and Army. We need a better trained , equiped , disciplined army and police force, all other things will be fixed if the current economic policies and growth continues.
If no one buys our minerals then we don't have the money .
Remember we need money for all these things to be reality, and the can't be done in one day, month or 2 or three years it will take some time.
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:01 PM   #20
Yupes
Bana Ya Signa 8

Likes (Received): 26

Very interesting projects in the works, thank you Butembo21.

Quote:
In many of the world's poorest countries, privatisation of essential public services has already taken place as a result of structural adjustment programmes imposed by the IMF and World Bank. The effects of this privatisation programme have been disastrous, as the World Bank itself admits.

The introduction of school fees where there was previously free education has driven many poor families to withdraw their children from school, while hospital fees have put basic health care beyond the reach of millions.

Water privatisation is just one example. The World Bank notes that water in Haiti's capital Port-au-Prince costs up to 10 times as much from the private sector as it does from the public supply, and that poor families in Mauritania now have to spend a fifth of their household income on water.

The other key privatisation which threatens the developing world is the privatisation of knowledge. At the same time as liberalisation has opened up access to the markets and resources of the developing world, the WTO's controversial TRIPs agreement (on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights) has closed down developing countries' access to the new technology and medical advances which could greatly benefit their people.

Yet the WTO aims to restrict the right of developing countries to produce cheaper drugs for their own people, forcing them instead to accept private expensive ownership of brand-named medicines through long patents.
Link
Astride the tropical rainforests and climbing from the mangroves on the Atlantic coast to the snow covered Ruwenzori mountains and the shores of lake Tanganyika in the east—A unique range of Ecosystems

The war years brought a spiritual awakening among men whose diversions had never before included a study of self-realization. One sweet distilment from the bitter herbs of war! Utopia must spring in the private bosom before it can flower in civic virtue. Man is a soul, not an institution; his inner reforms alone can lend permanence to outer ones.

Last edited by Yupes; May 13th, 2009 at 11:33 AM.
Yupes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement