REGIONAL Theme Park Capital Malaysia - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old February 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM   #41
skyscraperboy

Likes (Received): 27

Ok i understand. If it would bring do much positive to our country. Why govt just make the theme park real???
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2007, 02:30 PM   #42
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-j View Post
good that it's all joke....but then, joking or not, i can see how you feel and react when this issue arises. dont really see a problem if malaysia is an islamic country. if look carefully to the islamic law, non muslim are well taken care of and shoud be safe. really surprises me on how people react with this islamic country. really show even in malaysia, the phobia on Islam is well exist..altho the violence by so called extremist/fundamentalist barely there. and what's up with 'equal opportunity' nation stuff...why with aposthrope...if it is equal opportunity say it equal opportunity not just 'equal opprtunity'....but guys this is my 2 cents, 5 cents whatever cents....hoping no defensive reply on my post....remember equal opportunity on giving reply...have a nice day people
This kind of reaction is subconcious. People have this kind of reaction is because if Malaysia is being labeled "Islamic Country", there could be many injustices done on non-Muslims but being justified under the term "Islam". In Malaysia, it has happened, it is happening and will happen again. You can see how often fundamentalists use these two terms - "Islam" and "Melayu" to justify their discriminating acts again and again.

Constitutionally and lawfully, Malaysia is not an Islamic country. Let me repeat, MALAYSIA PRACTISES PARLIAMENTARY DEMOCRACY WITH CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY. ISLAM IS ONLY THE OFFICIAL RELIGION AND NOT HOW THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE RUN BY.

- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:38 PM   #43
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperboy View Post
Ok i understand. If it would bring do much positive to our country. Why govt just make the theme park real???
Think again, does our government "always" do positive things that benefit the rakyat?

I wasn't saying that it would benefit our country greatly, but being gay-friendly wouldnt do harm to our country would it? It just so happen that for being gay-friendly, BKK, Phuket and Sydney benefit greatly from it. Malaysia may not earn much gay tourists dollars but by turning them away, Malaysia would certainly lose a huge amount of $$. That is for sure, who wants to go to a place where you don't feel welcomed, right?

- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2007, 03:01 PM   #44
Subangite

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperboy View Post
Are you serious? I wish we had such a tolerant government since gay tourism is not wicked and evil like how people are making it out to be. Anyways to answer your question, the reason why the government would never allow a gay theme park is because being gay in Malaysia is a crime, it is illegal!

Heck, its used as a political instrument to lock people in prison, though when the government last did this, prosecuting another politician for man love with his driver, they couldn't even get the dates right of the alleged **** sex act, citing a date of the incident that was before the cited premises was even built.

The reason I asked you why was because I wanted to know what was so wrong with it? Why you were going to be "anti" this.

Your reasons why was because:

health reasons? Please... Unprotected homosexual bum loving is just as dangerous as unprotected heterosexual sex. Unprotected sex is a health risk period and it is regardless of ones sexual orientation. There is no "gay" disease!

Islamic country? Err, in what way, how?? We are not an Islamic republic like Iran and Pakistan. Alcohol, gambling, pork feasting, premarital sex, fornicating happens throughout Malaysia!!! Islam is just the official religion of this country, thats all!

There's nothing in the constitution where it says we are is an "Islamic country"? What is that in the first place? an Islamic country? Like the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Islamic Republic of Iran? The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? They all claim to be an Islamic country but are all very different in their interpretations of what that actually is.

Its funny since this was a joke written apparently by the gay community in HK to see such an intolerant response from Malaysians.
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:36 PM   #45
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

I'm closing this. Last time that Lebanese millionnaire Ellie cancer institute thingy... now this?
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:34 PM   #46
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15567

Penang may have theme park

Penang may have theme park
Monday April 23, 2007
By NIK KHUSAIRI IBRAHIM
TheStar

PENANG: Penang may soon have a theme park, complete with a roller coaster and other fun rides similar to those in Genting High-lands.

State Tourism Development and Environment Committee chairman Teng Chang Yeow said the state had endorsed a proposal by a Japanese company to set up the theme park on a 3.2ha site near the Auto City in Juru.

He said the company had expres-sed interest in setting up the park on the privately owned land due to its accessible location.

“The theme park will have 28 different attractions, some of them similar to the ones we have in Genting,” Teng elaborated.

“The state government wel-comes the idea of a theme park as it will be a new tourism product for the state. We gave our endorse-ment last week during the tourism product committee meeting.

“However, the company must seek approval from DOSH (Depart-ment of Occupational Safety and Health), the local authorities and the Customs Department. DOSH will be looking into the safety of the equipment.”

Teng was speaking to newsmen after jointly opening the Thai Song-kran festival 2007 with Deputy Consul General of Thailand Wasin Dhamavasi at Queensbay Mall yes-terday. The two-week festival was jointly organised by Kenlink and Alila Star Enterprise.

Teng said the state government was willing to promote the Songkran Festival on a larger scale.

“The state has supported the Ja-panese Bon Odori events. Similarly, we will also support Thai traditio-nal festivals,” he said.

Alila Star managing director Siri-nya Koram said many Thai people, especially those from South Thail-and would be attracted to visit Penang.

“South Thailand has many at-tractions but because of the unrest, it is becoming difficult for us to attract foreign tourists,” he said.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:53 PM   #47
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15567

Theme park to open in December
2007/04/23
NewStraitTimes

GEORGE TOWN: Penang’s first theme park is scheduled to be opened by year-end.

Similar to Genting Highlands and the Sunway Lagoon Resort in Selangor, the park will offer more than 30 attractions to visitors.

State Tourism Development and Environment Committee chairman Teng Chang Yeow said the theme park would be built on a 3.2ha site next to Juru Auto City on the mainland.

The project is being undertaken by a Japanese company, together with the state tourism committee.

"The company is applying for approvals, including from the Department of Safety and Health and the Seberang Prai Municipal Council.
"If all goes as planned, we will have our first theme park by the end of this year," he said after launching the Songkran Festival at the Queensbay Mall in Bayan Baru here yesterday.

Teng said the two-week Thai new year festival, which began yesterday, would not only help strengthen ties between Thailand and Malaysia but would also boost tourism between the countries.

Deputy consul-general of Thailand in Penang, Wasin Dhamavasi, also attended the event.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:57 PM   #48
Magician
Hellexpress

Likes (Received): 131

Wah... first Penang May Have A Theme Park...

then suddeny Theme Park to open in December...

Don't you think is tooooooo fast??
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:08 PM   #49
AhChuan

Likes (Received): 81

....So fun la!!! Open in december???? Am I dreaming??? I goin to Penang THIS december!!! YEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
AhChuan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:09 PM   #50
cooltemper

Haha...
Because TheStar and New Strait Times try to woo readers with eyes catching title ma...

It seem that Mr Teng just need to open and close mouth then the theme park will be finished contructed.

Si peh hor chio!
cooltemper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:28 PM   #51
AhChuan

What is "Si peh hor chio"??
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM   #52
neversaynever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhChuan View Post
What is "Si peh hor chio"??
if direct translate is "super duper good laugh" which actually means "what a joke!"
neversaynever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:41 PM   #53
AhChuan

Oh woww...I learnt a lot of Penang languages in this forum.. "aboh"
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM   #54
Magician
Hellexpress

Likes (Received): 131

what else did you learn?
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:07 PM   #55
AhChuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
what else did you learn?
Oh, I lupa liao...but many I learnt from you guys....but, I very sure what is "aboh"..hehehe...
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #56
alsen
Celebrity Fitness

Likes (Received): 1

good news. Alor Star is so boring.at least i have a new place to lepak2

Well done is better than well said... Benjamin franklin
alsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #57
Adam Tan

one word i can said....Heard 1st....

still remember that day Pak Lah came to open ceremony for 2nd bridge project? actually they not yet finish planning, it just a nice show...

Last edited by Adam Tan; April 24th, 2007 at 03:07 AM.
Adam Tan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #58
cooltemper

Finally you are back in action, Adam Tan. Long time didn't get your post liao.
cooltemper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:43 AM   #59
Adam Tan

haha...i got came to see wats update here, but seldom post..

because this few week busy for my final year project...
Adam Tan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #60
AhChuan

Hmmm...where is TYW?? Like oledy 4-5 days oledy din see him on9...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
asia, malaysia, theme park, theme parks