NYERI COUNTY | Development News and Discussion - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > General Kenya

General Kenya For the rest of Kenya

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 15th, 2016, 03:30 AM   #121
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 9082

Swiss hotel giant to inject Sh7 bn into Nyeri mixed development plan

Business Daily

Quote:
Global hotel chain, Swiss International Hotels and Resorts, has announced the investment of Sh7 billion into the construction of its first Kenyan outlet on the foothills of Mount Kenya.

The multinational has partnered with Mount Kenya Holiday Homes Ltd in a mixed development venture where 283 houses will be sold out and leased back to the global brand for use as rental villas.

The Swiss firm's chief executive Henri Kennedie said the project would be jointly executed with its Kenyan partner with its planned buy-leaseback model ensuring consistent flow of customers from the facility located in Nyeri county.

The development will boast a clubhouse, a nine hole reversible to 18 hole golf course as well as a 75-bed suite hotel.

Mr Kennedie said architectural plans for the 5-star resort surrounded by 281 villas, apartments, townhouses and an all-suite hotel near Naromoru town had since been approved allowing initiation of the project.

“In Nanyuki there is a wonderful airstrip and the view of Africa’s second highest mountain every evening and morning giving us a reason to build a serene environment for memorable leisure,” he said.

The CEO added that the facility would also provide conference and hotel facilities for company meetings as well as bonding meetings for local and international teams.

Mr Ndirangu Ndegwa of Mount Kenya Holiday Homes echoed that all regulatory approvals had been procured for the real estate project which sits on a 130 acre parcel of land that will be marketed globally to pensioners, business travellers and celebrities.

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC

Kenyan_yungin liked this post
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2016, 05:10 AM   #122
Kenyan_yungin
💪 👊 ✊ ⚔ 😂

Likes (Received): 22344

Kenyan_yungin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 11:20 AM   #123
Dhuks

Likes (Received): 3148

@Kenguy what are the projects that the Nyeri governor has done so far, wengine are being blamed for doing two kilometers of roads, thirty kilometers of substandard roads, refusing medical equipment and such but In Nyeri the projects that are here are largely private ones. Jameni hata ku-upgrade Ruringu?
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2016, 07:54 PM   #124
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhuks View Post
@Kenguy what are the projects that the Nyeri governor has done so far, wengine are being blamed for doing two kilometers of roads, thirty kilometers of substandard roads, refusing medical equipment and such but In Nyeri the projects that are here are largely private ones. Jameni hata ku-upgrade Ruringu?
Maybe I can start with the Ruringu area. The main road through my hood (Classic-Gitathini) was upgraded to bitumen standard though the quality is debatable. We have the street lighting programme thanks to the beatification.

Dhuks, this county government is a joke. Truth be told, I can't rank it better than the Nairobi one. The day they spent millions electrifying the county hall fence, I knew we had voted in non performing crooks.
Old May 26th, 2016, 12:27 AM   #125
donddon

Likes (Received): 561

Kudos to the MCA's. I hope this is not because Gachagua is not in your "camp".

http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/nye...z/-/index.html

andegwa liked this post
donddon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 10:56 PM   #126
andegwa

Likes (Received): 5006

Quote:
Commissioned new medical equipment at Nyeri County Referral Hospital.
Source

Kenyan_yungin, Adm.Adama liked this post
andegwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #127
andegwa

Quote:
Launched construction works of the Market Hub in Chaka Township, Nyeri County. This will be an ultramodern market hub with a multitude of amenities among them a wholesale market, a retail market, value addition facilities such as cooling plants for ease of dairy trade and banking and community halls. We will use this market as a model for other markets that we will build in every part of the country.
Source

Old November 28th, 2016, 11:01 PM   #128
andegwa

Quote:
Commissioned the Othaya-Mukurwe-ini water supply and sewerage project at Kihuri water treatment plant.
Source

Kenyan_yungin liked this post
andegwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 12:20 AM   #129
abckris

Likes (Received): 2353

We want to see national govt. projects across the country, how much is the govt. spending in the former western province for example? How about north eastern? Mambo ya maji ni muhimu northern Kenya not as much as it is in central.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 01:41 AM   #130
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
We want to see national govt. projects across the country, how much is the govt. spending in the former western province for example? How about north eastern? Mambo ya maji ni muhimu northern Kenya not as much as it is in central.
So central should never have any project going? What are the governors in western province doing?? Pan paper / Mumias and roads there?? Mkuu this is backward thinking. As for northern Kenya, check out other threads and you will realize more cash has been spent on irrigation and infrastructure projects than central!!

Amboseli Daima liked this post
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 03:14 AM   #131
I.M Boring
life liver

Likes (Received): 721

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
Poorer counties get more money from the central government as per the new constitution.
If they choose to buy SUVs instead of fixing the potholes, it's their decisions.
On that front, North Eastern is doing far better than places like Kisumu.

Adm.Adama liked this post
I.M Boring no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 05:46 AM   #132
Amboseli Daima

Likes (Received): 875

That's a great project to bring places into 21st century coz I was so ashamed to hear that only 10% of Kenya has sewer services.We've emphasized roads and roads and more roads but not enough sewer system projects are being undertaken.

Kenyan_yungin, Adm.Adama liked this post
Amboseli Daima no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 08:09 PM   #133
Kenyan_yungin
💪 👊 ✊ ⚔ 😂

Likes (Received): 22344

nice projects.....but hopefully nyerians vote for a serious governor next year
Kenyan_yungin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 09:58 AM   #134
Kenguy

For those interested, there's a large gated community project U/C in the Game Rock suburb.

http://www.micl.co.ke/index.php?opti...d=84&Itemid=89
Old February 28th, 2017, 07:26 AM   #135
andegwa

To all the forumers with ties to Nyeri county - @Kenguy et.al - and I suppose anyone else who knows the new constitution .. what happens now that Gov. Gachagua has passed away? Is there any reason to hold a by-election, with the elections right around the corner? If so, are there any credible candidates who will be running to fill the vacant seat?
Old February 28th, 2017, 07:38 AM   #136
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andegwa View Post
To all the forumers with ties to Nyeri county - @Kenguy et.al - and I suppose anyone else who knows the new constitution .. what happens now that Gov. Gachagua has passed away? Is there any reason to hold a by-election, with the elections right around the corner? If so, are there any credible candidates who will be running to fill the vacant seat?
No by elections. Hope the next guy will be better than Gachagua ( easy task as he set a really low bar.)
Kenguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #137
abckris

Likes (Received): 2353

Quote:
Originally Posted by andegwa View Post

I'm sure the constitution says the deputy completes the remaining time as governor, what I'm not sure about is how the new deputy is selected.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:30 PM   #138
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 9082

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 01:55 PM   #139
Muitu

Likes (Received): 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amboseli Daima View Post
That's a great project to bring places into 21st century coz I was so ashamed to hear that only 10% of Kenya has sewer services.We've emphasized roads and roads and more roads but not enough sewer system projects are being undertaken.
Funny comment. Did they include the pit latrines in the sewer story? The Pit latrine in my village home where I was born has been going for the last 36 years, and no sign of filling up for probably the rest of my lifetime. I dont think sewer systems are a serious emergency in Kenya, unless in high density appartments set-up
Muitu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #140
billy whiz

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muitu View Post
Funny comment. Did they include the pit latrines in the sewer story? The Pit latrine in my village home where I was born has been going for the last 36 years, and no sign of filling up for probably the rest of my lifetime. I dont think sewer systems are a serious emergency in Kenya, unless in high density appartments set-up
But in the last 36 years how many pit latrines have been dug up in your village? Sooner or later the water sources in that village will be contaminated
billy whiz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
africa, county, development, discussion, kenya, nyeri, projects, wailaya