MACHAKOS COUNTY | Development News and Discussion - Page 58 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > General Kenya

General Kenya For the rest of Kenya

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2019, 07:26 PM   #1141
andegwa

Likes (Received): 5006

Machakos Referral Hospital

Source

Seems like the standards that were set in the first term are being maintained in this hospital

zndetei, JARIBU, donddon liked this post
andegwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2019, 07:36 PM   #1142
andegwa

Machakos Police Housing

Source

The county govt has embanked on building houses for police officers. These are much improved compared to the current housing situation that these officers experience

Last edited by andegwa; July 31st, 2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old July 19th, 2019, 10:46 PM   #1143
devprot

Likes (Received): 24

Gov Mutua is paving mlolongo town roads
[resize = 800][/resize]
[resize = 800][/resize]
[resize = 800][/resize]
[resize = 800][/resize]
[resize = 800][/resize]
[resize = 800][/resize]
[resize = 800][/resize]
[resize = 800][/resize]

Last edited by devprot; July 20th, 2019 at 12:19 AM. Reason: del
devprot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2019, 10:48 PM   #1144
devprot

Old July 19th, 2019, 10:52 PM   #1145
devprot

del

Last edited by devprot; July 20th, 2019 at 12:20 AM. Reason: del
Old July 19th, 2019, 11:01 PM   #1146
devprot

Old July 19th, 2019, 11:04 PM   #1147
devprot

Old July 20th, 2019, 04:14 AM   #1148
abckris

Likes (Received): 2351

I like Dr. Mutua’s work. He’s a little bit in touch with the common persons problems. Let’s hope he will pave all these roads. Most of these places can be totally changed just by building a proper road.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:54 PM   #1149
andegwa

Quote:
The construction of 200 houses under the Civil Servants Housing Scheme in Machakos County is nearing completion. Works for the 100, 2-bedroom and 100, 3 bedroom houses are 85 percent complete and the houses are expected to be ready for occupation by October, 2019
Old September 3rd, 2019, 03:15 AM   #1150
andegwa

Looks like Mutua's govt is making the right kind of investments:

Source

abckris, samounde, donddon liked this post
Old September 3rd, 2019, 03:35 AM   #1151
abckris

That’s awesome. Mutua is setting good standards in his county. Others can surely copy this good stuff. Waste management is a big issue for the environment. Thanks
Old September 3rd, 2019, 05:30 PM   #1152
Netlink

Likes (Received): 6735

Machakos Cancer Care and Research Centre at the Machakos Level 5 hospital

Quote:
With the opening of this Centre, residents of Machakos County, registered in the Universal Health Care Program will receive quality screening, diagnosis, counseling and chemotherapy treatment and management FREE OF CHARGE. Others from the SEKEB region will receive special rates and all citizens from the entire country will pay a subsidized price - the cheapest in Kenya.

CANCER TREATMENT FOR ALL, NOT JUST FOR THE RICH

MACHAKOS CENTRE FUNDED BY COUNTY GOVERNMENT

This Machakos Cancer Care and Research Centre has been set-up with equipment purchased by my Government. Lillian has also sourced equipment from friends and well wishers including from Dr. Ng’ang’a of the Kenya Cancer Association.

This is a Machakos Government project, fully funded by my Government and is not funded by the National Government. It has cost us over 40 million shillings to set up what we have today.

This Centre can undertake the highest quality of diagnosis and provide chemotherapy treatment and advanced surgery.

Next year, we will include the purchase of a 300 million Kenya shillings radiotherapy machine in our budget. Our strategy is to have several diagnostic and treatment centers spread all over Machakos County within the next three years.

We plan to partner with hospitals and institutions of higher learning and research so that we can have experts working here from all over the world. We will also utilize TELEMEDICINE for consultations between our doctors and experts in the Americas, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe and our African continent. Source

abckris, andegwa, donddon liked this post
Netlink no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2019, 06:31 PM   #1153
abckris

MACHAKOS COUNTY | Development News and Discussion

In the meantime they can initiate/improve/strengthen the referral network for patients from smaller health centers so they can be seen at the county cancer center. This is great development. I like this Governor. For him it’s not just talk and talk but talk and actions, maendeleo chap chap kweli. I wish I could visit Machakos and see how it compares to before he was governor.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 06:45 PM   #1154
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3258

If the governor invests in a linear accelerator and PET CT scan, the cancer centre will become a real magnet not just for machakos but the region as a whole. I love the bold initiative though.

I can count the number of radiotherapy machines in this country on one hand. They are badly needed.
Kenguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2019, 02:44 PM   #1155
Netlink

Likes (Received): 6735

All these politicians taking expensive trips to US, Europe, Asia etc to see how things are done just need to take a Matatu to Machakos. If every County does half the things this county has done, KE will be a different country in a few years.
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:16 PM   #1156
andegwa

NEW ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT AMBULANCES FOR THE PEOPLE OF MACHAKOS.

Quote:
I have today flagged off 5 Advanced Life Support Ambulances to serve Wananchi of Machakos in various level 4 hospitals and at Kyumvi junction to handle emergencies along Mombasa Road.

These are in addition to the 70 ambulances that my government purchased in 2014 for every location in Machakos County and I am happy to see my vision of affordable and accessible healthcare coming to light.

I also got to witness our ambulance tracking system that allows the dispatch office to monitor ALL our ambulances remotely. This system monitors fuel consumption, speed, geo location and also includes remote cameras that transmit direct to the dispatch office. It also generates reports that are very useful in decision making.This will help eliminate wastage and improve accountability from our Emergency Services.

Ambulance Fleet Tracking with Dispatch Module
Sources

abckris, JARIBU, donddon liked this post
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:26 PM   #1157
andegwa

LAUNCHING OF 10 MACHAKOS COMMUNITY HOSPITALS

Quote:
When I was campaigning to be the Governor of Machakos County in 2012/2013, I promised the people of Machakos quality healthcare in keeping with World Health Organizations standards and international best practices. We therefore embarked on a journey to adhere to WHO standards which require a health facility within a radius of 5km in every locality.

Today, six years later, we are getting closer and closer to making Machakos County the leading County in the region in provision of quality healthcare.

I’m pleased to launch phase one of my Government’s community hospitals program. In phase one, I’m launching 10 expanded facilities and will have 26 others completed by December. Our target is to have a community hospital in each electoral ward in order to reduce the distance wananchi travel to seek critical healthcare in Level 4 Hospitals. Recently, I also gazetted additional level 4 hospitals in Masinga, Ndithini, Kalama, Matungulu, Athi River and Mutituni to make sure each sub-county has a Level 4 hospital so for advanced medical care. This will in turn free Machakos Level 5 Hospital to handle serious referral cases only.

These Community hospitals - Level 3B health facilities - have new wings constructed, equipment and health professionals that makes them hospitals.Each of these hospitals has been equipped with triage kits, wards, mini-theatre, maternity services, x-ray services and will also undertake cancer screening. They will also be adequately staffed and open 24 hours a day through out the week.

Source

abckris, rongaiguy, donddon liked this post
Old September 10th, 2019, 08:01 PM   #1158
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 9074

Governor has been quiet...

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2019, 08:03 PM   #1159
abckris

Dr. Mutua is a great governor. You wish we had all governors dedicated like him. He exemplifies the spirit of devolution in practice. The idea of bringing services and resources to people is not abstract but can be achieved practically. With devolved essential services, the national govt. would only remain with specialized services, policy and regulation. In this scenario, all national referral hospitals would be focused on research, training and specialized services and national centres of excellence in various aspects of health care including, chronic disease centre of excellence, infectious diseases centre of excellence, cancer centre of excellence, primary care centre of excellence, health policy and administration centre of excellence, etc. This scenario would surely make Kenya a destination for medical tourism.

Adm.Adama, jaymedari, rongaiguy liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement