KUALA LUMPUR - SINGAPORE HIGH-SPEED RAIL LINK | Proposed - Page 250 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 8th, 2018, 06:16 PM   #4981
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by byong_sun View Post
There are houses near the park literally walking distance away.Those who live far away can drive or cycle or jog to the park.There are also a school and a Mesjid near the park.The park is not isolated as u try to imply.
Btw,what happen to S'pore and Bangkok? now u taking us to Europe? OK lets go.

So as my house at the Binjai KLCC.The park is just in front of me Just like u I bought the unit purposely near the park.

When did I said i saw neighbourhood festive seasons at any metro stations? I said we Malaysian have these type of activities in the park,community centers,open house,hotels and various other locations. We just dont do it at the Metro stations,Train stations,Airports,Ferry terminals,TBS etc. Its not that its illegal,but we Malaysian just dont do that.

Hahahaha. What ever la.
No wonder, you live at Binjai, you this kind of rich upper class people will never understand the pain and inconveniences of average or lower class Malaysians when it comes to PT, although you will claim until kingdom comes that you also went through hardship blah blah blah. Please don't bring your "Binjai" standard and views to average Malaysians. Even if you used to be so called "poor" (I don't know how you define poor), by now you have long forgotten the true feeling of being average and poor. And what is the percentage of Malaysians can live in a luxury higher end place something like Binjai like you??? Your comparison is bias and very unfair.What is the percentage of Malaysians can live in a neighbourhood and property like you do (Binjai)??? You must compare with median and the most common average among Malaysians. Not everybody can afford to live in a neighbourhood like Binjai.
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2018, 06:23 PM   #4982
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER View Post
CNY, Aidilfitri。 Christmas or Deepavali activities etc etc.
I believe both previous and current gov has no problem allowing any festive season celebration to be held in parks or any open public place.
Byong_sun: You "believe" ONLY, are you speculating about it??? Where is your proof and evident or reliable reports???
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:26 PM   #4983
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER

Quote:
I said open space,community centers etc.scroll and read carefully.

Why u want big field for? celebrate every festive season out in the open near MRT,LRT stations? Or to have some aunties to dance everyday for the commuters? what if its rain or thunderstorm?

When did I said that? I only said that here in Malaysia,we do things our way and we dont hv to be like S'porean to be who we are.If S'porean celebrate their CNY at their MRT stations thats their problem.If S'porean do kerja kawin under the flat let them be. If S'porean have to rent a community center to hv a wedding reception thats their way. We Malaysian celebrate our own way. If we Malaysian choose not to do like u want us to do at our Metro stations then its our prerogative.

Please dont talk nonsense wanting a group of aunties dancing at our Metro stations everyday just to be like S'pore. If u needed that so much u can live there.
Did I say I ONLY want a group of aunties dancing at the lrt or mrt stations??? I said all kinds of neighbourhood or rakyat activities. You did mentioned people can be so called cycle or ride to the park. In UK, people literally build houses in the park, but we build houses away from the nearest park and PT. ONLY a few lucky one in Malaysia can have a proper park nearby their houses. We do things our way why our PT is still at a mess and unreliable terrible like hell??? Or you want to compare Malaysia with countries like Somalia, Philippines, Myanmar or Indonesia???

Last edited by JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER; June 8th, 2018 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2018, 06:34 PM   #4984
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 1194

Quote:
No wonder, you live at Binjai,
I was being sarcastic.U said your house in UK in front of a park while condemning park in TDDI for being far until near by residence need to drive to get there. There are houses literally walking distance from that lake park. U had a park in front of your UK house is because u chose to hv that. Same way if u want KLCC park to be in front of your house all u hv to do is to buy a house there.

Quote:
you this kind of rich upper class people will never understand the pain and inconveniences of average or lower class Malaysians when it comes to PT,
u assume too much and u like to insult ppl.

Quote:
although you will claim until kingdom comes that you also went through hardship blah blah blah.
Its a discussion. Dont get emotional.

Quote:
Please don't bring your "Binjai" standard
Dont bring your "house in Milton Keynes UK" standard.

Quote:
and views to average Malaysians. Even if you used to be so called "poor" (I don't know how you define poor), by now you have long forgotten the true feeling of being average and poor.
Haahahah.Mahathir just banked in RM400 to my account today.Thank u Tun for the Bantuan Sarahidup. At least me and my family can enjoy Raya a bit better now. I cant afford to be on HSR if it were realized someday. I just want Malaysia to be the first in SEA to have it. I want to be proud of my country. U can label ppl like me as u want but can never make us be like what u want us to be.
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:44 PM   #4985
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER

Quote:
I was being sarcastic.U said your house in UK in front of a park while condemning park in TDDI for being far until near by residence need to drive to get there. There are houses literally walking distance from that lake park. U had a park in front of your UK house is because u chose to hv that. Same way if u want KLCC park to be in front of your house all u hv to do is to buy a house there.

I compare with the best simply because I want my country to improve although I know we most probably cannot be the same as UK, but we still must try to improve.

Haahahah.Mahathir just banked in RM400 to my account today.Thank u Tun for the Bantuan Sarahidup. At least me and my family can enjoy Raya a bit better now. I cant afford to be on HSR if it were realized someday. I just want Malaysia to be the first in SEA to have it. I want to be proud of my country. U can label ppl like me as u want but can never make us be like what u want us to be.
Wow!!! You can get the bantuan sara hidup RM400 but you live in Binjai??? You are either cheating your way to get the money or you are bluffing about getting the RM400. Oh, and it's not because I choose that, anywhere in UK, even the most common housing areas are guaranteed to have a park. I compare with the best simply because I want my country to improve although I know we most probably cannot be the same as UK, but we still must try to improve.

I am also proud of my country but not blindly, I want my country improve for the betterment of the rakyat especially in rail PT. Be complacent but not blindly and foolishly.

Last edited by JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER; June 8th, 2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:52 PM   #4986
byong_sun

Quote:
Did I say I ONLY want a group of aunties dancing at the lrt or mrt stations???
U said,

Quote:
We need something like this daily at most of our metro station and how many of our station is like BB station??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZhJbPKPyis
So yeah. U need like those aunties daily.

Quote:
I said all kinds of neighbourhood or rakyat activities.
Really?i didnt noticed any "rakyat" word in your previous posts.maybe i missed it.

Quote:
You did mentioned people can be so called cycle or ride to the park. In UK, people literally build houses in the park, but we build houses away from the nearest park and PT.
I never been to the UK but im sure KL and UK are similar in that term.We hv many apartments and condos built in a park too.

Quote:
ONLY a few lucky one in Malaysia can have a proper park nearby their houses.
ONLY a few lucky Londoners can have a proper park nearby their houses too.

Quote:
We do things our way why our PT is still at a mess and unreliable terrible like hell??? Or you want to compare Malaysia with countries like Somalia, Philippines, Myanmar or Indonesia???
Im grateful to what i hv. Im living in a kampung in Johor, Never had a chance to ride on MRT yet. Not sure when i will get the chance but Im proud. Im proud of what Mahathir built for us before.im proud of what Najib gave us too. Im proud of what LGE did to Penang. Im proud to hv our JB. But when HSR project has been cancel,some how it broke my heart. Im 47 this year, I may not be around when many of our mega projects get completed, I just want my Malaysia be something that we all can be proud of.

lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:54 PM   #4987
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER

Quote:

Oh, by the way, I believe Thailand will have HSR earlier than us, sorry to disappoint you.
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:59 PM   #4988
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER

Quote:
U said,

So yeah. U need like those aunties daily.

Really?i didnt noticed any "rakyat" word in your previous posts.maybe i missed it.

I never been to the UK but im sure KL and UK are similar in that term.We hv many apartments and condos built in a park too.

ONLY a few lucky Londoners can have a proper park nearby their houses too.

Im grateful to what i hv. Im living in a kampung in Johor, Never had a chance to ride on MRT yet. Not sure when i will get the chance but Im proud. Im proud of what Mahathir built for us before.im proud of what Najib gave us too. Im proud of what LGE did to Penang. Im proud to hv our JB. But when HSR project has been cancel,some how it broke my heart. Im 47 this year, I may not be around when many of our mega projects get completed, I just want my Malaysia be something that we all can be proud of.
What is the different between the word people and rakyat??? Please don't play the word games and word manipulation. Never have a chance to ride MRT or you never visit KL or Singapore to take the MRT ride??? I'm also proud of my country, but I will never be a blind complacent and blindly proud about it. I'm also not a fool, I know that it's not possible to be the best but our country Malaysia still must try to be the best within our capacity. I love my country, that's why I believe we can achieve higher and better than now. I have the confident but the government and the rakyat must have the political will to make it happen. I know my country is not like Bangladesh or Afghanistan, that's why I believe we can do much better in rail PT and PT in general than the present.

If Malaysia is like Pakistan or Bangladesh or even Nepal, I wouldn't even bother to talk about it, simply because I know improvement and development will not happen.

Trust me, most of the KL houses are not in the park, the so called park is not even a park, it's like hell, dying plants, growing lalang grass, muddy path, the path tiles are dilapidated, the motorcyclists mat rempit or even the mat lajak (new term for kids that abused bicycle rides) are destroying the so called park. Dark, not well lighted. Even the so called famous Titiwangsa Lake Garden and Perdana Lake garden are in bad shape.

Last edited by JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER; June 8th, 2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:04 PM   #4989
byong_sun

Quote:
Wow!!! You can get the bantuan sara hidup RM400 but you live in Binjai???
Do u know what sarcastic means?

Quote:
You are either cheating your way to get the money or you are bluffing about getting the RM400.
Ask szehoong. He knows who I am.

Quote:
Oh, and it's not because I choose that, anywhere in UK, even the most common housing areas are guaranteed to have a park.
Can show anything to prove this? Anything official. Im not doubting u i just want to hv prove before i send this information to my friends.

Quote:
I compare with the best simply because I want my country to improve although I know we most probably cannot be the same as UK, but we still must try to improve.
Same here.

Quote:
I am also proud of my country but not blindly, I want my country improve for the betterment of the rakyat especially in rail PT. Be complacent but not blindly and foolishly.
Same here.
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:10 PM   #4990
rotiking

Likes (Received): 332

Quote:
How can you compare an airport with a train station??? Your comparison is absurd.

Now matter how cheap, HSR ticket is never cheap. Especially even during Najib time nobody says the country will subsidised the ticket.

I'm sorry that I don't know where you heard from. but I'm a Johorean, I know that my king had chose Kampung Simpang Baba as the location of HSR station, all the Muarians know that. That's it, that is FINAL. Please don't try to argue about it.

Is the government idiot or UEM is idiot??? When the Sultan said he want the station in Simpang Baba means no more station in Pagoh. Don't tell me you can build two HSR stations in Muar???

When the Sultan made any decision about land in Johor, his majesty has no need to give any answer or reason about it. This is his absolute right in the state.
https://paultan.org/2016/04/15/kl-si...lignment-soon/
Read back, I catch a flight from senai to KL, driving 20km+ to airport. So this is not absurd? but drive 20km to Muar station then take train to KL is absurd pula? Wondering your logic

Thanks for your link, that is the only very very weak evidence to suggest Sultan suggested so. Wait, please read back, it was written back in 2016, when MyHSR not even release the exact station location map. And read back again, in the comment section, commentator doesnt even mention anything about sultan.

Vincent Ang on Apr 17, 2016 at 3:40 pm

" A friend of my claims he has seen the latest development blueprint for Muar and the station will be close to the Simpang Baba-Parit Buaya junctions."

Im johorean too, and i never heard the sultan said anything openly about muar station. Being a johorean does not mean you are allowed to put your word into his majesty mouth. NO WONDER you straight away jump into conclusion and said Please don't try to argue about it.... bcoz you cant prove it at all.

I agreed his majesty has no need to give any answer or reason about it. But for your comment, you trying to do the same like his majesty does yea. Just put the word into his majesty mouth, and do not need to give any answer or reason about it yea?

byong_sun, Flybyhacker liked this post
rotiking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:16 PM   #4991
byong_sun

Quote:
What is the different between the word people and rakyat???
The word 'Rakyat' sounded more concerning.This is why Anwar Ibrahim and other politicians like to use the word Rakyat in their speech.

Quote:
Please don't play the word games and word manipulation.
Unlike u,I dont hv time for that.

Quote:
Never have a chance to ride MRT or you never visit KL or Singapore to take the MRT ride???
The new KL MRT i havent. S'pore SMRT yes. I cant remember when was the last time I was in KL.

Quote:
I'm also proud of my country, but I will never be a blind complacent and blindly proud about it.
But u want out Metro stations to look like in S'pore.

Quote:
I'm also not a fool, I know that it's not possible to be the best but our country Malaysia still must try to be the best within our capacity. I love my country, that's why I believe we can achieve higher and better than now. I have the confident but the government and the rakyat must have the political will to make it happen. I know my country is not like Bangladesh or Afghanistan, that's why I believe we can do much better in rail PT and PT in general than the present.
If Malaysia is like Pakistan or Bangladesh or even Nepal, I wouldn't even bother to talk about it, simply because I know improvement and development will not happen.
Good luck.

rotiking liked this post
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:20 PM   #4992
JEFFREYSKYSCRAPER

Quote:
The word 'Rakyat' sounded more concerning.This is why Anwar Ibrahim and other politicians like to use the word Rakyat in their speech.

Unlike u,I dont hv time for that.

The new KL MRT i havent. S'pore SMRT yes. I cant remember when was the last time I was in KL.

But u want out Metro stations to look like in S'pore.

Good luck.
Nope, I mean I want our rail stations to be alive and full of vibes instead of looking like some kind of rundown old and dilapidate metro stations in Paris in the future when the age of our rail stations are picking up. Singapore SMRT stations are only examples. The nearest and the best examples are the SMRT stations. We must learn from the best.
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:21 PM   #4993
byong_sun

Quote:
Oh, by the way, I believe Thailand will have HSR earlier than us, sorry to disappoint you.
Good for Thailand.Im congratulating them.Frankly speaking im not disappointed at all coz this open a new possibilities for us. Imagine if Thai also cancelling it, chances for us to hv HSR in the future would be thinner.
Old June 8th, 2018, 07:25 PM   #4994
byong_sun

Quote:
Nope, I mean I want our rail stations to be alive and full of vibes instead of looking like some kind of rundown old and dilapidate metro stations in Paris in the future when the age of our rail stations are picking up. Singapore SMRT stations are only examples. The nearest and the best examples are the SMRT stations. We must learn from the best.
Im ok with comparing KL with S'pore. Ive done that many times too. But wanting group of aunties dancing in our Metro stations everyday sounded off to me. Sorry.
Old June 9th, 2018, 03:38 AM   #4995
CHT

Likes (Received): 583

The reason why many MRT stations in KV are located in those not so ideal area is due to poor urban planning and lack of provision made for under ground subway system.

byong_sun liked this post
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2018, 11:13 AM   #4996
rotiking

Likes (Received): 332

So visit China, put out Malaysia bargaining chips first, strike some lottery liao, baru go to singapore discuss the deal that had made with China lah.

If things really going to work out well, it seem likely that we will have NO tender for HSR. We shall see.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2...s-lim-guan-eng

PUTRAJAYA: The RM9.4 billion gas pipeline project will be among the topics on the table for discussions for the Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng’s maiden trip to China as part of the new government.
“It will be a courtesy visit,” said Lim, adding that it would not be solely for the pipeline project or the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) but on the larger bilateral perspective as well.
“We will have to decide on the right time and now we are in the midst of celebrating Hari Raya Aidilfitri. But once Raya break is over, that is the first we would do,” he said in an interview with Bernama on Friday.
After taking over the Ministry, Lim revealed dubious projects signed by Suria Strategic Energy Resources Sdn Bhd (SSER) which is suspected to be linked to 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) fiasco.
SSER is a wholly-owned Ministry of Finance subsidiary set up on May 19, 2016 with the specific intent to undertake the Multi-Product Pipeline (MPP) and Trans-Sabah Gas Pipeline (TSGP) projects.
The payments for the said projects made based on timeline milestones and not progressive work done resulted in RM8.3 billion or 88 per cent of the projects’ total value being paid despite only 13 per cent work completion.
Following this, the Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad had recently instructed Lim and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission officials to go to China to engage in discussions with the parties involved in the MPP and the TSGP projects.
This scandal, Lim noted, was previously discovered in the "red files.”
Asked if the Malaysian delegation would discuss the ECRL as well, he said: “That will be one of the issues to be discussed.”
“We are also going to do the same thing with Singapore. Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali, Transport Minister Anthony Loke Siew Fook and myself are going there to talk to our Singapore counterparts regarding the High-Speed Rail (HSR) project, which will link the two countries.
“We believe that Singapore wants their neighbours to succeed because if they have successful neighbours, I am sure that they also bring benefits to the republic and it has also been our close neighbour for a long time.
“As friends you want to prosper thy neighbour. So, we believe Singapore wants to see us.”
Among the first things that Dr Mahathir announced when forming the new government was to scrap the HSR project.
“It’s not beneficial, it’s going to cost us a huge sum of money. We will make no money at all from the operation. It is just a short track,” the Prime Minister had said recently.
Asked about the compensation that needed to be paid, Dr Mahathir said he “supposed” it would be RM500 million. -- BERNAMA

rotiking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2018, 06:36 PM   #4997
Hui223

Likes (Received): 105

The thais also have a aircraft carrier that does not carry aircraft for most of the time.
Hui223 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2018, 08:41 PM   #4998
Wisarut

Likes (Received): 3172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui223 View Post
The thais also have a aircraft carrier that does not carry aircraft for most of the time.
Technically, it is helicopter carrier but it can run STOL like Harrier - However, Harrier our navy have gotten is second handed so it does not take long to reach expiration and the issue of maintenance of Harrier along with fuel to run turbine engine make that Helicopter carrier to be helicopter carrier

atmapgnew liked this post
Wisarut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2018, 10:19 PM   #4999
Wisarut

Likes (Received): 3172

Quote:
Byong sun, it's people like you that make Malaysia like a country of pensioners, lifeless and make our PT seems like a cold hard piece of tool that does NOTHING but ONLY meant to transport people around Klang Valley. Even that, it's not very efficient too. Our failure to reach the targeted ridership proves my point. Why the targeted ridership is a failure, it is simple, it is located just simply too far away from strategic people centric location and many many areas in Klang Valley are as densely populated as Simei like the area near the famous KFC and Kenny Rogers around Jalan Genting Klang, the government just won't bother to build a bus terminus or metro station there. Instead during the BN administration, they sold off MORE public lands to build more apartments and flats (houses) to make the population density of the area WORSE.
Mass transit as well as High Speed train or even commuter should be convenient to access - and BTSC-BMA have learnt very hard way when Supreme Court Decision making a clear point that elevators and other facilities for the handicapped and senior citizens (our version of OKU) must be installed in every station with the guarantee that those handicapped and senior citizens can access to all 4 corners of stations. However the NIMBY attitudes of those who live and work near BTS skytrain stations have delayed the installation of OKU facilities.

SRT started to follow the suit when they are working on massive double tracking and red line commuter. However, SRT should have learnt from the big mistake of not making a convenient connection between Makkasan Central of Airport Link with Phetburi subway station which they have learnt very hard way until the connection between subway and Makkasan Central have been constructed and opened.

The connection with other mass transit system such as Blue ring subway, pink monorail, yellow monorail should follow the way to connect Phayathai station of Airport Link with Phayathai station of BTS Skytrain though.

I also have a serious concern about the connection between red line commuter stations with some important places including.

1. Boss Hotel / BMTA bus terminal near Rangsit station - SRT refuses to connect Rangsit station of red line commuter with Boss Hotel / BMTA bus terminal or even bus station near the gate of Rattanakosin 200 Year village - not quite a convenient for passenger to access thoggh.

2. Donmuang International Airport / Airport Hotel near Donmueang station. SRT refuses to connect Donmueang station with existing connection to Terminal 1 of Donmueang International Airport - Waiting for AOT to construct the connection building that connect terminal 2 (just recently renovate) and terminal 3 (rebuilt from the moribund Domestic terminal) with APM to connect all terminal will take too long to implement. To be fair, SRT has to wait for High Speed train connecting 3 airports which have Donmueang station for High Speed train, so it has

3. IT Square near Laksi station - SRT refuses to connect Laksi station with existing connection of IT Square across Vibhavadee Rangsit highway by claiming that Highway Dept (owner of Vibhavadee Rangsit Highway) and owner of IT Square must pay SRT annual lease to make such a connection. Laksi station also has to connect with Pink monorail even though Laksi station of monorail will have to be on the opposite side of Vibhavadee Rangsit Highway.

4.MOCA and Kasetsart University for Bangkhen station - even though SRT does construct the flyover across Vibhavadee Rangsit Highway to connect with station but it would be a lot better if they also make a connection with existing flyovers across Vibhavadee Rangsit Highway - but need to negotiate with Highway Dept about the rates and the payment.

Last edited by Wisarut; June 10th, 2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Addendum
Wisarut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2018, 04:59 AM   #5000
facadeengineer
Facade Engineer

Likes (Received): 170

Absolutely feeling dissappointed to see this route gone.
Instead of HSR hopefully an alternative cheaper option will be proposed. Maybe ETS to reduce the traffic load in NS Highway especially during festivals.
In fact if the new gov stop giving candies the country shouldn't have finantial issue to afford PT.

byong_sun, lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post
facadeengineer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement