KUALA LUMPUR - SINGAPORE HIGH-SPEED RAIL LINK | Proposed - Page 296 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2019, 06:30 AM   #5901
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizam AK View Post
sdg finalise HSRL & EDTP.

ps: kauorg sembang2 la dulu yer,
Let them 'sembang2' lah, no harm done & its free - furthermore nothing ever gets decided by those with 'power' within these forums loor hahaha !!!
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2019, 07:15 AM   #5902
Nizam AK

Likes (Received): 707

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
Let them 'sembang2' lah, no harm done & its free - furthermore nothing ever gets decided by those with 'power' within these forums loor hahaha !!!

Please, teruskan.
Itu my constructive comment.
Nizam AK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:56 PM   #5903
Unknow2

Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNNG View Post
It will be a problem as if an individual depart from Malaysia HSR and go straight to Singapore's territory without any checking seeking for asylum once the trains stop in Singapore. Both countries will have an headache.

Also if just use one CIQ which is at the border of both countries then it will still defeat the purpose of having this KL-SG HSR as people want convenient , fast and smooth ride.

Like some forumer mentioned above, there are few service for this KL-SG HSR and having CIQ in both countries are mainly for the express line.
Iím not saying passengers donít have to pass through Mísia custom. Iím just saying that moving Mísia CIQ to SG end of the line make more sense (from running a service point of view). When you get of the train at SG, you have to went through MY CIQ then SG CIQ. Asylum seekers have to went through Mísia CIQ at the end. So they can be sent back to a train heading back to SG. They canít jump off a moving train or throwing something off while the train is in SG territory? As the train is air-con and tracks are in the tunnel.

However, by having 1 CIQ in SG have some problems. Itís kinda insert MY sovereignty on SG soil (MY can exercised itís power(law) in itís section of the station, which is in SG). Iím not sure if SG will be too happy about it. Same thing happen in HK where HK citizen were furious that Chinaís law applied on their soil, in the China section of the station (thatís why Iím begging with that I donít know about MY-SG politics). And Iím not sure if SG will be happy to help finance the project that is 90% in Mísia and will benefit Mísia people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafiilham View Post
Great idea, but I think it's being done for the convenience of passengers and the safety of both countries' borders. The reason for a CIQ complex in Bandar Malaysia is to serve the express service and why such service exists is to hit the 90 minutes mark between both cities. A separate shuttle service will exist between Iskandar Puteri and Jurong East to serve the people who often commute between both countries for work opportunities.

The idea of having a domestic outlook for the 90% portion of the line is reasonable and attractive and do makes thing easier, and maybe it might happen if both countries are willing to simplify things. Though, I believe the minimum should be one in Iskandar Puteri and the other in Jurong East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
There are 3 services for the propose KL-SG HSR

1) Express service - A non stop service between Singapore Jurong East station and KL Bandar Station. At each end, there will be 1 integrated CIQs at the point of departure. e.g. commuters travelling from Singapore to KL, will only need to go through the integrated CIQ in Singapore, no custom procedure required at destination. For Singapore bound commuters from Bandar, CIQ will be in Bandar Malaysia station.

2) Shuttle Service between Iskandar and Singapore - Commuters travelling on this service will only need to clear 1 CIQ at the point of departure. (Similar to express service)

3) Domestic Service (within Malaysia only) - Commuters travelling on this service will not be required to pass through CIQ. If commuters from Malaysia wish to travel to Singapore via this service, they will have to disembark at Iskandar station for transfer to shuttle service, clear the CIQ at Iskandar only, not in Singapore
But if you have CIQ only in SG. The Express service can be shared by Mísia people along the route.

For example, the Express service starts at KL calling at JB*(<- more on this later) and SG. That way, people in JB will have access to Express service to KL. And people travelling to SG wonít have to sacrifices much. Just a few extra minutes added to their trip (I suppose the train have to slow down at the boarder before entering SG and continue to Jurong East at not-so-high-speed speed?).

Local service calling at all station, including SG. So all stations along the way have a direct train access to SG.

I think this setup is a lot more efficient than making an Express service exclusive for International travelers only and Domestic travelers are restricted to a slower Local service.

Else, you have to run additional Domestic Express when you already have an Express service running on the same route.

*About JB, because I donít know what is the biggest city along the route (excluding KL and SG of course). I suppose it is JB? But my point is, by having CIQ only in SG, some bigger city (or cities) along the route will have access to Express service. But as I said, I donít know how big the cites along the route are. If all of them are small. Then yes, separated Express service for international travelers may not affect much. But if some of it are big (like 500,000+ pop.). And Express service can cut a lot of commute time to KL, compared to Local service. Then blocking said city access to Express service it will have a bigger impact that the small city scenario.

This is only my opinion. Iím not living in Mísia or have extensive knowledge about. Maybe Iím talking non-sense as most of the cities along the route are sparsely populated
Unknow2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2019, 07:14 PM   #5904
CHT

Likes (Received): 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknow2 View Post
I’m not saying passengers don’t have to pass through M’sia custom. I’m just saying that moving M’sia CIQ to SG end of the line make more sense (from running a service point of view). When you get of the train at SG, you have to went through MY CIQ then SG CIQ. Asylum seekers have to went through M’sia CIQ at the end. So they can be sent back to a train heading back to SG. They can’t jump off a moving train or throwing something off while the train is in SG territory? As the train is air-con and tracks are in the tunnel.

However, by having 1 CIQ in SG have some problems. It’s kinda insert MY sovereignty on SG soil (MY can exercised it’s power(law) in it’s section of the station, which is in SG). I’m not sure if SG will be too happy about it. Same thing happen in HK where HK citizen were furious that China’s law applied on their soil, in the China section of the station (that’s why I’m begging with that I don’t know about MY-SG politics). And I’m not sure if SG will be happy to help finance the project that is 90% in M’sia and will benefit M’sia people.

But if you have CIQ only in SG. The Express service can be shared by M’sia people along the route.

For example, the Express service starts at KL calling at JB*(<- more on this later) and SG. That way, people in JB will have access to Express service to KL. And people travelling to SG won’t have to sacrifices much. Just a few extra minutes added to their trip (I suppose the train have to slow down at the boarder before entering SG and continue to Jurong East at not-so-high-speed speed?).

Local service calling at all station, including SG. So all stations along the way have a direct train access to SG.

I think this setup is a lot more efficient than making an Express service exclusive for International travelers only and Domestic travelers are restricted to a slower Local service.

Else, you have to run additional Domestic Express when you already have an Express service running on the same route.

*About JB, because I don’t know what is the biggest city along the route (excluding KL and SG of course). I suppose it is JB? But my point is, by having CIQ only in SG, some bigger city (or cities) along the route will have access to Express service. But as I said, I don’t know how big the cites along the route are. If all of them are small. Then yes, separated Express service for international travelers may not affect much. But if some of it are big (like 500,000+ pop.). And Express service can cut a lot of commute time to KL, compared to Local service. Then blocking said city access to Express service it will have a bigger impact that the small city scenario.

This is only my opinion. I’m not living in M’sia or have extensive knowledge about. Maybe I’m talking non-sense as most of the cities along the route are sparsely populated
A KL - JB express service will be considered as domestic line and I dont recall there is any objection or restriction for Malaysia to operate such service as long as there is demand for it.

To have the KL SG express service stopping at Iskandar will not work because when commuters onboard express service clear CIQ in KL, they will be classified as already left Malaysia although they are still physically in the train within Malaysia territory. For that reason no one on board the express train will be allowed to stop or disembark until they arrive Singapore for fear that those who have "left" Malaysia will get off the train at JB and remain in Malaysia. Just like in the aviation industry, once passengers are on board the plane they will not be allow to get off the plane. And if due to plane technical fault and passengers have to disembark, then everyone will have to leave the plane and ground stuff will have to clean the cabin and the airline will have to conduct the entire boarding process again.

Beside convenience, you have to also think of the security process and protocol. Everyone is done for a reason.
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:28 PM   #5905
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2164

Personally, I tend to think that these multiple CIQ arrangements are done not due to safety, security or otherwise but mostly as a way for Singapore to excerpt control on the operating companies so they could pick and choose the destinations rather than leaving it to the open market

If it's due to market, the stopping pattern might be very similar to the Taiwanese.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_High_Speed_Rail

shafiilham liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:44 PM   #5906
CHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
Personally, I tend to think that these multiple CIQ arrangements are done not due to safety, security or otherwise but mostly as a way for Singapore to excerpt control on the operating companies so they could pick and choose the destinations rather than leaving it to the open market

If it's due to market, the stopping pattern might be very similar to the Taiwanese.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_High_Speed_Rail

For this HSR project, only the InfraCo is managed by the SG and MY government and the function of AssetCo and OpCo are managed by 3rd party, which will be chosen via open tender that is jointly decide by both governments. Singapore government involvement of the HSR is only the express and shuttle service which involves CIQs operation, and even for these 2 services, Singapore only command a mere 15 or 20% of the equity and revenue sharing. So how is Singapore government in control of HSR?

You need to remember that Singapore and Malaysia are 2 different countries, the security protocol and concerns is no different to that of causeway custom, airport or seaport. So why should HSR be treated differently?

Old June 18th, 2019, 07:47 PM   #5907
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2164

Quote:

sdg finalise HSRL & EDTP.

ps: kauorg sembang2 la dulu yer,
Jalan dewata bukan kat JB ke?

HSR dah gi JB pulak ke?
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:02 PM   #5908
Nizam AK

Quote:

HSR dah gi JB pulak ke?

Ni kaum yg fwd, kata nya tgh finalise (HSRL & EDTP)

Actually, sy juga pening , nk catch up byk sgt proposal ,
Mcm2 yg dtg , bro
Old June 19th, 2019, 02:18 AM   #5909
atmapgnew

Quote:
HSR dah gi JB pulak ke?
Same thought here - someone here trying to be 'clever' maybe hehehe !!!

Old June 19th, 2019, 02:40 AM   #5910
Nizam AK

KUALA LUMPUR - SINGAPORE HIGH-SPEED RAIL LINK | Proposed

Quote:
Ni kaum yg fwd, kata nya tgh finalise (HSRL & EDTP)

Actually, sy juga pening , nk catch up byk sgt proposal ,
Mcm2 yg dtg , bro

He just say, skrg Total Finalizing waiting for compilation approval.
From where to where ?
JB to KL.
Dah award to consultant?
Waiting green light.

Thats all.

Ps: sorry maybe thread lain,

Last edited by Nizam AK; June 19th, 2019 at 03:05 AM.
Old June 19th, 2019, 02:41 AM   #5911
Nizam AK

KUALA LUMPUR - SINGAPORE HIGH-SPEED RAIL LINK | Proposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
Same thought here - someone here trying to be 'clever' maybe hehehe !!!

I dont report to u mat , so u can say whatever u want Hehe

Klau tak bermanfaat, abaikan shj. Mcm biasa bro.

Last edited by Nizam AK; June 19th, 2019 at 02:54 AM.
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:08 AM   #5912
atmapgnew

Quote:
That's not the point but anyways, anyone can post anything here but it has to be according to the 'rules' set out by the Mods loor hahaha !!!

ps pls keep on posting as yours are always 'lively & infomative' maah !!!
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:52 AM   #5913
faisalzulkarnaen89
FaisalZulkarnaen

Likes (Received): 208

Quote:

keje APAD ke bang?..semua thread abg ade ni..bukan biasa2 ni..hahaha
faisalzulkarnaen89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 07:16 AM   #5914
Nizam AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalzulkarnaen89 View Post
keje APAD ke bang?..semua thread abg ade ni..bukan biasa2 ni..hahaha

APAD pon bukan,
Takyah lah korek2 bang. Hehe

Kita Share infos aje bang ,

faisalzulkarnaen89 liked this post
Old June 19th, 2019, 12:02 PM   #5915
FNNG

Likes (Received): 3043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknow2 View Post
Iím not saying passengers donít have to pass through Mísia custom. Iím just saying that moving Mísia CIQ to SG end of the line make more sense (from running a service point of view). When you get of the train at SG, you have to went through MY CIQ then SG CIQ. Asylum seekers have to went through Mísia CIQ at the end. So they can be sent back to a train heading back to SG. They canít jump off a moving train or throwing something off while the train is in SG territory? As the train is air-con and tracks are in the tunnel.

However, by having 1 CIQ in SG have some problems. Itís kinda insert MY sovereignty on SG soil (MY can exercised itís power(law) in itís section of the station, which is in SG). Iím not sure if SG will be too happy about it. Same thing happen in HK where HK citizen were furious that Chinaís law applied on their soil, in the China section of the station (thatís why Iím begging with that I donít know about MY-SG politics). And Iím not sure if SG will be happy to help finance the project that is 90% in Mísia and will benefit Mísia people.
Definitely don't think Singapore will be happy to let Malaysia have CIQ within their territory. Singapore been trying to take away Malaysia's KTM and sovereignty out from Singapore and they would not want to do it again.

Unknow2, shafiilham liked this post
FNNG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 12:45 PM   #5916
faisalzulkarnaen89
FaisalZulkarnaen

Likes (Received): 208

Quote:
APAD pon bukan,
Takyah lah korek2 bang. Hehe

Kita Share infos aje bang ,
bukan biasa2 abg ni..hoho.mane tau ade keje kosong dlm rail industry..share2 la ek..
faisalzulkarnaen89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:28 PM   #5917
Nizam AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalzulkarnaen89 View Post
bukan biasa2 abg ni..hoho.mane tau ade keje kosong dlm rail industry..share2 la ek..

Sy biasa shj bro.

ramai yg bertya juga. InshaAllah, benda baik mesti share punya.

Project: MRT LINE 2 (SSP LINE)

https://www.indeed.com.my/m/viewjob?...jobs%3Fq%3DMrt
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER
China Communications Construction Company

QAQC Engineer

TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT OFFICER

https://www.indeed.com.my/m/viewjob?...u3sm6QWq8jWpxU
M&E MANAGER

Gemas Jb EDT.
selamber je email ke YTL, tya vacancy, mmg ada requirement ikut qualification. Tp johor la bang.
Chinese company. Klau Ok , go. Hehe

LRT3.
Tunggu WPC dpt balik contract depa, mmg ada nak pakai staff. Kene ushar company yg dpt award system or infra.

ECRL.
Baru lepas PRE-Q civil works, belum tender lagi,
Ni mmg byk nak pakai nnt. Kene alert sikit la bro.

Rapid / Prasarana.
Gaji kecik (org kata) tp ada elaun. Klau degree, ok sedap. Ni kene tunggu official advertisement. cable2 ni leceh la bro.

Tak boleh nak janji apa2, tp ada Apa2 info sy share inshaAllah bro.
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:47 PM   #5918
CHT

Quote:
Definitely don't think Singapore will be happy to let Malaysia have CIQ within their territory. Singapore been trying to take away Malaysia's KTM and sovereignty out from Singapore and they would not want to do it again.

There are actually 3 integrated CIQs for the propose HSR.
Bandar Malaysia, Iskandar Malaysia and Jurong East Singapore.

In every CIQ, there will be a Malaysia and Singapore custom operation

Perhaps you have been given wrong information?

shafiilham liked this post
Old June 19th, 2019, 05:28 PM   #5919
Unknow2

Likes (Received): 861

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
There are actually 3 integrated CIQs for the propose HSR.
Bandar Malaysia, Iskandar Malaysia and Jurong East Singapore.

In every CIQ, there will be a Malaysia and Singapore custom operation

Perhaps you have been given wrong information?
I think he has given me a correct information. As he was trying to explained to me why 1 CIQ set up I suggest earlier won't work.

FNNG liked this post
Unknow2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:11 PM   #5920
CHT

The purpose of integrated or co-locate CIQs are meant to shorten custom clearance process without compromising the security and immigration procedure. Which mean Malaysia custom and immigration officers will operate out of Jurong East and Singapore will do likely wise in Iskandar and Bandar. I am just curious why such simple and logical arrangement can spin into something political.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/07/...-singapore-hsr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement