#UNDER C: NEW ABU DHABI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Infrastructure and Transport > Infrastructure and Transport

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:18 PM   #121
Shad
Sup ?

Likes (Received): 6

Bit slow but its very well started..
Shad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #122
DR.SHREJMAN
Big Thing

Likes (Received): 296

is it a new airport or a new terminal ?????
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #123
EK413

Likes (Received): 1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.SHREJMAN View Post
is it a new airport or a new terminal ?????
Technically speaking its a NEW Airport being built at the location of the existing airport.

Last edited by EK413; June 8th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #124
what?

Likes (Received): 5

It's beautiful

http://www.albayan.ae/videos/2013-06-08-1.1899840
what? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #125
AUH Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 4

http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...rminal-project

m-man liked this post
AUH Enthusiast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #126
m-man

Likes (Received): 601

Abu Dhabi Airports to tender next phase of futuristic Midfield Terminal

Quote:
Abu Dhabi Airports Company is preparing to tender the next major contract package on the vast Midfield Terminal after completing its first big construction milestone.

The new terminal, with an initial capacity of 30 million passengers, has also been designed to accommodate both a high speed rail link and metro connection in the future, it has emerged.
"This will be the gateway to the capital," said Tony Douglas, the Adac chief executive, in an interview in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday. "It will define what airports of the future will look like."
Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...#ixzz2WZRWCOrN
Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook
m-man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM   #127
zerozol
Honi soit qui mal y pense

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
Technically speaking its a NEW Airport being built at the location of the existing airport.
Technically speaking it is a new terminal. NOT a new airport.

The new Midfield Terminal under construction is on the same location as functioning ones: at Abu Dhabi International Airport...

The official press releases are mentioning also "terminal", not "airport".

The 1st runway is there since decades, the 2nd runway is there since several years, the new ATC tower is there since years etc.

What new airport is in the near, that's Dubai World Central, or the New Doha International.

Anyways, this new Midfield Terminal will be fantastic! Amazing design! By my opinion, this is a much better look than that of Dubai International's "worms".
Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:02 PM   #128
AUH Enthusiast

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/new-a...17-507570.html
Old July 3rd, 2013, 01:32 PM   #129
cmajewsk
UAEAD

Likes (Received): 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozol View Post
Technically speaking it is a new terminal. NOT a new airport.

The new Midfield Terminal under construction is on the same location as functioning ones: at Abu Dhabi International Airport...

The official press releases are mentioning also "terminal", not "airport".

The 1st runway is there since decades, the 2nd runway is there since several years, the new ATC tower is there since years etc.

What new airport is in the near, that's Dubai World Central, or the New Doha International.

Anyways, this new Midfield Terminal will be fantastic! Amazing design! By my opinion, this is a much better look than that of Dubai International's "worms".
Thanks for clarifying...
cmajewsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM   #130
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUH Enthusiast View Post
I remember in 2008 they said it would open in 2013. Hopefully they actually open it in 2017!

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #131
m-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
I remember in 2008 they said it would open in 2013. Hopefully they actually open it in 2017!
There have been a revision of all major government funded projects in Abu Dhabi, with new completion dates.
If you pass by the new midfield terminal site, its very busy now with work even at night. Hopefully the new date is achievable.

Specially that the current airport is becoming crowded. Although it still is very efficient.
Old July 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #132
Shad
Sup ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-man View Post
There have been a revision of all major government funded projects in Abu Dhabi, with new completion dates.
If you pass by the new midfield terminal site, its very busy now with work even at night. Hopefully the new date is achievable.

Specially that the current airport is becoming crowded. Although it still is very efficient.
Currently they are building/reconstructing something on the existing airport, its between the old airport building and new extension for etihad airways.

Last edited by Shad; July 4th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
Shad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #133
m-man

They are supposedly building a tunnel.

Quote:
This temporary road closure, and the route diversion leading to Abu Dhabi International Airport, aims to facilitate the completion of the new travellers' tunnel that will connect the departure terminal to the arrivals' hall, which is currently under construction.It will enable travelers to access parking, taxis and limousines just 20 metres from the customs lounge, minimising significantly the distance from the current 140 metres.
The construction of this tunnel and the expansion of the arrivals lounge will enable ADAC to progress in its development works towards developing the airport's infrastructure and expanding its capacity, further accommodating the increasing number of passengers.
The capacity enhancement plan will also include the expansion of the baggage handling system, the creation of 20 new departure gates, a new business lounge, and a new gateway for the A380. In addition, the northern runway will be updated and nine new aircraft parking spaces will be created.

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...#ixzz2Y41Y38FV
Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook
The U/C structure near the parkings is well above ground level now, but I am not sure what will it be.
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #134
AUH Enthusiast

@Emirates Airline 380...maybe u should focus your hopes on the outstanding debt obligations that Dubai has. The IMF is pretty concerned about it.

I mean I'm assuming from your user name and your comments that this issue would need more of your hoping than Abu Dhabi's new terminal opening on time. Most people who know a little about construction are aware that delays, especially with a project of this size, are almost inevitable.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...-on-debt-risks

Megaohm liked this post
Old July 4th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #135
zerozol
Honi soit qui mal y pense

Quote:

They are supposedly building a tunnel.

The U/C structure near the parkings is well above ground level now, but I am not sure what will it be.

That, I suppose, will be the new arrivals hall - the article you quoted in your post says:

"aims to facilitate the completion of the new travellers' tunnel that will connect the departure terminal to the arrivals' hall, which is currently under construction"
zerozol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #136
KWI

Likes (Received): 3260

ZAZ, m-man, firoz bharmal, killerk liked this post
KWI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM   #137
Megaohm

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
@Emirates Airline 380...maybe u should focus your hopes on the outstanding debt obligations that Dubai has. The IMF is pretty concerned about it.

I mean I'm assuming from your user name and your comments that this issue would need more of your hoping than Abu Dhabi's new terminal opening on time. Most people who know a little about construction are aware that delays, especially with a project of this size, are almost inevitable.

Is n't Emirates Airlines is now partially owned by Abu Dhabi's Mubadala?
Megaohm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:20 PM   #138
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:

Why would I be concerned about the debt of Dubai?
I was just saying that this airport has been delayed for years. Claiming the "project size" is the reason for the delays is silly since we all know that this project was officially announced in 2008 and only started construction in 2011.
Also despite Dubai being in debt, they are still able to deliver major projects like airport terminals on time.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:22 PM   #139
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:

That's good. Its good to know they are building it quickly.
I agree that the airport is fine right now, but at peak hours the airport is too small.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #140
AUH Enthusiast

@EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
I was just saying that this airport has been delayed for years. Claiming the "project size" is the reason for the delays is silly since we all know that this project was officially announced in 2008 and only started construction in 2011.
So what point are you trying to make exactly? According to the article below Emirates have announced a HUGE delay to their proposed move to the new Al Maktoum Intl.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/a...ays-relocation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
abu dhabi, airport