Addis Ababa (አዲስ ኣበባ) | Ethiopia | City Gallery (PT.3) - Page 201 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Ethiopia > Club forums > Photography, Heritage & Architecture

Photography, Heritage & Architecture Cities, towns & villages

Old August 22nd, 2019, 12:19 PM   #4001
FKebede

Likes (Received): 3368

It is beyond words how the Ride service transformed and revolutionized the transport service in Addis, I am sure most of us have experienced how terrible the blue ladas can be, I once paid 400 birr for a trip from Piasa to around Yohannes Church. I have heard stories of tourists and foreigners made to pay thousands by ruthless blue Taxi Drivers, I have a great deal of admiration for this lady.
,,,,ያረመኔ አገር ነውና ያገሬ ሰው ገብር ስራት ግባ ብዬ ብለው እምቢ ብሎ ተጣላኝ። እናንተ ግን በስራት በተገዛ ሰው አሸነፋችሁኝ። እኔን ወደውኝ የተከተሉኝ ሰዎች አንድ እርሳስ ፈርተው ጥለውኝ ሸሹ ፣ ብትቃጥዋቸው ከሮጡ ሰዎች ጋራ አልነበርኹም፣ ጌታ ነኝ መስሎኝ ባልሰላ መድፍ ስታገል ውዬ ነው። ያገሬ ሰው የፈረንጅ ሃይማኖት ይዟል፣ አስልሟል፣ እያለ አስሩን ምክንያት ይሰጠኝ ነበር። እኔ ከከፋሁበት እግዚአብሄር መልካም ይስጠው፣ እንደወደደ ይሁን፣ ቢሰጥኝ ሁሉን ልገዛ ሃሳብ ነበረኝ። እግዚአብሄር ቢነሳኝ ልሞት ሃሳቤ ይህ ነበር።,,,,,,, ዓጼ ቴዎድሮስ ለጀነራል ናፒየር ከላኩት የመጨረሻ ደብዳቤ- መቅደላ።

አእምሮ የሌለው ህዝብ ስርዓት የለውም፣ ስርዓት የሌለው ህዝብ ሃይል የለውም፣ የሃይል ምንጭ ስርዓት እንጂ የሰራዊት ብዛት አይደለም፣ ስርዓት ከሌለው ትልቅ ሃገር ይልቅ፣ ስርዓት ያላት ትንሽ ከተማ ሙያ ትሰራለች።
-ነጋድራስ ገብረሂወት ባይከዳኝ።

yosef, Adenagir, GetLostInET liked this post
FKebede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2019, 08:44 PM   #4002
GetLostInET

Likes (Received): 2846

I loved it so much I prefer sitting upfront with the drivers and chatting with them

---የትነበርሽ ንጉሴ

FKebede, Adenagir liked this post
GetLostInET no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2019, 08:58 PM   #4003
GetLostInET

Likes (Received): 2846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenagir View Post
I think we should appreciate any local talent that can impact the society in a positive way. Think the guy did his best in creating this amateurish video using his personal cellphone and posting it to YouTube. Only God knows how many times his internet was cut while publishing the video.
Don’t you think it is worthy to hang out at “Dembel city center” till Eagle Hills is completed? Knowing the locations of landmark buildings in Addis will save you time and help you NOT to "Get-Lost-In-ETH". You can easily specify your destination to the taxi driver using those buildings until the city planners know how assign street names and numbers.
LOL ...

Dembel should be demolished. You can say Olympia, Getu, Shewa Dabo, Shell for landmark and no I don't hang out much in Addis when I go there and Dembel will never be on my list. I can only think of a rotten banana each time I pass by it.

Not sure why how much bandwidth he ate up uploading it has anything to do with highlighting bad modern design as good. If the title was buildings in Addis then all would have been kosher.

By the way GPS and Ride works fine in Addis using the current street names as haphazard Addis is. My comment is about design anyway.

---የትነበርሽ ንጉሴ

Adenagir liked this post
GetLostInET no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement