#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: MARJAN ISLAND - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM   #81
soennecken
We will not be the last

Likes (Received): 0

La Hoya Bay

The April newsletter, expected to come out in the first week of the month, never came out. Let us see what, f at all, they put out in may.[/QUOTE]

The website has been updated with some construction pictures.

Soen
soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #82
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

A property developer, Rakeen, owned by the Ras Al Khaimah Government, is soon likely to launch a Dh.110 billion master-planned development in the northernmost emirate of UAE, reports Gulf News.

The Chief Operating Officer of Rakeen, Dr. Imad Haffar, when speaking to Gulf News, revealed that on completion the integrated township community would accommodate a population of 120,000 to 150,000n people. The land value of the project is estimated to be about $6 to $7bn, and Rakeen is investing about $1bn to $2bn in its infrastructure.

Rakeen has also rolled out numerous other projects at Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), which is likely to help the government in materializing their economic growth plan and also helps in raising the standard of the emirate to a major tourism destination in the region.

Among the recent projects unveiled by Rakeen at RAK are the Bab Al Bahr and the Al Marjan Island, a $1.8bn mixed-use development to be built on a patch of reclaimed island on the Arabian Gulf.

In the meanwhile, Rakeen has unveiled a Dh.1.4bn RAK Convention and Exhibition Center, spread across 50,000 square meters of rentable area, and include five exhibition halls with a seating capacity of about 400 to 600 in each hall. It also includes three hotels with 750 keys, and a green park, all located between three towers - 62 storeyed 'The Tower' (5star), 12 storeyed 'The Oasis' tower, and 12 storeyed 'The Expo' (3 star) tower, apart from three storey shopping mall, food courts, seven cinemas, restaurants and cafes.

This mixed-use project will have an iconic look with superior high-quality finish using technologically advanced ceramics, developed by RAK ceramics.

"The RAK Convention and Exhibition Center will be the best of its kind in the region, and will be more than just a place of function. It will be an outstanding architectural masterpiece designed meticulously permitting future expansion," said Dr. Imad.

Established in April 2006, with an authorized capital of Dh.4mn, Rakeen has emerged to be the leading land master planner and developer, and has numerous high-profile local and international projects that are currently in progress.
bizzybonita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #83
dubai_nomad

Likes (Received): 1

Metro

Has anyone heard about a metro service being extended fro Dubai to RAK?
SP agents are selling this fact, but I can't find any news or announcments.
dubai_nomad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #84
vanderlo83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai_nomad View Post
Has anyone heard about a metro service being extended fro Dubai to RAK?
SP agents are selling this fact, but I can't find any news or announcments.
google emirates rail network
vanderlo83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #85
Morrismarina

You can watch the Real Estate TV video about RAK here - includes a section on the Al Marjan Island.

http://www.realestatetv.tv/home/
Morrismarina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:05 AM   #86
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrismarina View Post
You can watch the Real Estate TV video about RAK here - includes a section on the Al Marjan Island.

http://www.realestatetv.tv/home/
Thanks MorrisMarina - get video. Ajman already seems fairly developed. Does anyone know if a man made island is planned in this part of the UAE?

Does anyone have new pics of Marjan Island?
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #87
Irishka

I would like to see more up-to-date pictures of Marjan Island too
Irishka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:04 AM   #88
dubai_nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishka View Post
I would like to see more up-to-date pictures of Marjan Island too
here are a few pics of island 1 : https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...ht=Bab+Al+Bahr

Last edited by dubai_nomad; May 31st, 2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:39 AM   #89
camac

Am I correct in thinking that only La Hoya Bay and Bab Al Bahr on the only developments to have broken ground to date?
camac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM   #90
Yousuf27

I believe you are correct - unless Blue Mirage has made a start by now. LHB is some way ahead of BAB and the first block is due to be completed Dec 2008. I believe however that actual completion is going to be at the end of first quarter 2009, and blocks B and C completing between May and August 2009. Will all the utilities - presumably the responsibility of the Master developer - be in place for these early completions? I hear there is a lot of doubt about this. BAB has a lot of groundwork equipment deployed so progress there might be pretty quick.
Yousuf27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #91
soennecken
We will not be the last

I think one of the pre-requisites for ground breaking is to have some ground!
soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #92
mazi

Interesting article about RAK and Almarjan:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...ai-839310.html
mazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:54 PM   #93
PAULDELVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by soennecken View Post
I think one of the pre-requisites for ground breaking is to have some ground!
LOL !!

HOPE TO SEE SOME GROUND (OR SEA STILL) NEXT WEEK WHEN I,M OVER !!

LOOKS LIKE THINGS ARE MOVING IF STILL SLOWLY

PRICES SEEM ON THE MOVE ANYWAY ?
PAULDELVES no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #94
Morrismarina

Morrismarina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #95
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

Dana Island reclamation to start in next month
Angela Giuffrida

Last Updated: June 07. 2008 9:47PM UAE / June 7. 2008 5:47PM GMT
The development has been designed in the shape of a pearl and will be built across 5.3 million square metres of land and extend for seven kilometres into the sea. Ryan Carter / The National
Reclamation work on Dana Island, the second man-made island to be developed in the northern emirate of Ras al Khaimah by developer Rakeen, is due to begin in July.

According to Wahid Attalla, the chief executive of Spectrum Consultants and a board member of Rakeen, the company is finalising negotiations with a major dredging contractor, which he declined to name, and will make an official announcement within the next couple of weeks.

“Work on the island will then begin within the next 30 days,” said Mr Attalla.

Dana Island will include a mix of residential and commercial components, along with hotels.

Sources close to the project said that an overall value was yet to be finalised for the development. Most of the project will be developed by smaller developers appointed by Rakeen.

The development has been designed in the shape of a pearl and will be built across 5.3 million square metres of land and extend for seven kilometres into the sea.

“We’ve worked with most of the developers who are investing in the island before, so we know they are credible and that they will deliver,” said Mr Attalla.

He added that Dana Island was a continuation of the company’s Dh6.6 billion Al Marjan Island development, a cluster of four coral-shaped islands which would feature a range of waterfront homes, floating villas, hotels, sports and commercial facilities.

Construction on a number of projects in Al Marjan is already under way.

“The construction of real estate in Ras al Khaimah is working in parallel with infrastructure development, so by the time these projects are finished, the infrastructure they need will be in place,” said Mr Attalla.

Rakeen has a portfolio of about 20 projects, in Ras al Khaimah and in countries including Georgia and Iran. In June last year, the company launched Ras al Khaimah Financial City, a 750,000 square metre project valued at US$8 million (Dh29.3m).

The company is also developing the Banyan Tree Resort in Ras al Khaimah, as well as the RAK Convention Centre.

Its overseas projects include Isfahan City Centre, in Iran, and Tbilisi Heights and Uptown Tbilisi, both in Georgia.

Ras al Khaimah has experienced a significant amount of inward investment in the past five years, leading to growth rates of about 18 per cent a year.
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #96
milktrayman

Latest announcement on Island:

Look on You Tube for prmo video of Bab Al Badr

http://www.ameinfo.com/159825.html
milktrayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #97
dubai_nomad

Does anyone know what the current progress of this Island is? Has all land been reclaimed? What do the beaches look like? Other developments progress?
How come we are not getting activity on this thread?
Old June 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #98
PAULDELVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai_nomad View Post
Does anyone know what the current progress of this Island is? Has all land been reclaimed? What do the beaches look like? Other developments progress?
How come we are not getting activity on this thread?
Hi ran out of time last wek when I was over in DUBAI so didn't get to RAK but I am told there's not much progress unless someone knows different - add a year(at least) to any developer talk - hope i.m wrong
PAULDELVES no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #99
Igor-DXB

Anbody can tell me how many projects in Majan Island have been anounced so far?
I know only La Hoya Bay, Blu Mirage & Pacific.
Igor-DXB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #100
mantapla

Hi Igor, I have found: Marbella Bay, Harbour Beach Residences - Aakar, Bab Al Badr, Santorini, Bab Al Bahr, The Quay. Nothing more, hope soon..
mantapla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
artificial island