Best looking road in Bulgaria - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Urban Bulgaria > Transport and Infrastructure

Transport and Infrastructure Инфраструктура

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old July 12th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #21
just4ivaylo

Likes (Received): 87

It's in a plain. That's why there's no trees.
just4ivaylo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #22
radi6404

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
The only thing I miss are trees...you dont have trees in Bulgaria or what? All the way to the mountains you cant see any...
thatīs indeet one very dissapointing thing in Bulgaria, I got depressions by that, here in Germany I was used with forests everywhere but in Bulgaria there arenīt many forests on the valleybottom. Thatīs because it is too dry and too hot in summers and because Bulgaria is a bit in the mediterranian zone.
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #23
radi6404

Here there are some trees

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM   #24
ВОДА
deep diver

Likes (Received): 12048

Simply a COOL one!
ВОДА no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #25
just4ivaylo

Aha! There's a road Radi can't bitch about.
Old July 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #26
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
Aha! There's a road Radi can't bitch about.
thereīs a difference with this and other roads, this road has a tiny bump every 6 km, other roads have tiny bumps every 60 m, I am talking about roads in other countries, too.
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #27
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5965

They're in the process of buying trees as I understand. By 2020 we should start seeing some forests.
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #28
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 4107

AFAIK we're in process of cutting down trees along roads because lots of fatal incidents are due to them
bgrs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #29
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Due to them?! Yeah... idiot gets drunk (optional), drives at 200 km/h and looses control... blame the tree for being there.

Joking aside, we have the same problem here, though I don't think anyobdy cares about it and cuts down trees. This is what happenes when you combine lack of motorways with poor driving skills (maybe 70% of Romanians) and trees on the side of the road.

But there are no or few trees far from the side of the road too... I think that was what RawLee trying to say.
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #30
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 4107

Sometimes the brakes are malfunctional, you see that big truck in front of you, you try to avoid it and bump into a tree. Yes, there are idiots driving drunk, but it's also the old automobiles and stuff like that. Things are complex.
bgrs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #31
radi6404

The biggest problem are the crazy drivers, I know how especially the young people drive to show off, to attrackt girls because some of the girls are that dumb and like if their boyfriends drive like idiots. Thus, itīs one main topic in the cafes in Bulgaria how fast you drove on this and that road, with what car, if you were the fastest on the road, which cars you overtook and so on. The other big problem is that too many drive with a lot of alkohol but thatīs again because they want to show off, they want to say, I drove with 1 L Rakia and drove in curves with 150. Well, some have luck, some donīt, thatīs why there are so many excidents in Bulgaria, fi there were motorways the number of excidents wouldnīt really decrase because the crazy *******s would do even more crazy things than on the normal road.
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #32
Cosmin
Euro Mod

At least on a motorway it's extremely hard to go on the other way and collide with traffic because of those crash barriers in the middle. But I guess you're right about driving even more recklessly if there'd be more motorways. It's exactly the same in Romania.

bgrs, I don't know the situation in Bulgaria, but here having problems with the brakes is quite rare AFAIK, because the number of old cars has gone way down in the last years and I don't think you're in a very different situation either. So let's not blame the cars.

Last edited by Cosmin; July 14th, 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #33
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 14550

I do not agree Cosmin. Sidetrees are very dangerous even for decent drivers. Say you fall asleep while driving or lose control of the car. The chances you escape are a lot higher if there are no sidetrees because cars ussually cope well with rolling over in the fields, but if the are sidetrees and the car bumps into one of those, well, the chances the driver escapes are very slim.

I witnessed a few months ago a car crash where a girl just lost control of a very good car (she couldn't realise why) and rolled over into the field in front of my eyes. I and other drivers stopped and went to see how she was doing. She was OK, not even a scratch, but the car was pretty damaged, especially the windshield and the body of the car in general. But there were no sidetrees. Imagine what would have happened if there had been sidetrees in the area. Sidetrees are extremely dangerous for drivers, and, until we get motorways all over the country, they should be cut down. Human lives are more important than the lives of such trees. Actuallly, they started cutting them down on some road sections.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #34
AnonymvsBeaver

Likes (Received): 3639

I remember Romania used to have a lot of those.. that was one of my favorite things about driving there
But you're right - they could be dangerous.
AnonymvsBeaver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #35
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I do not agree Cosmin.
But we actually agree. All I said was that you can't blame a tree for being there when an idiot wraps around it at 200 km/h, which, let's face it is the cause of the majority of accidents (reckless driving). Other than that, I'm for cutting down trees on the side of the road.

My answer to RawLee was a joke and it was about trees in the distance. Again, I don't think he meant trees on the side of the road.
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #36
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 14550

I would cut the trees even for idiots...cause any man deserves to live over a tree...and idiots are ussually kids who just want to feel some adrenaline...they do not deserve to die because of this IMO.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #37
Cosmin
Euro Mod

True, even though these guys are sometimes really asking for it.

I'm curios... do you have many stray dogs in Bulgaria? We have lots of them here, and they can pose a real danger to traffic near cities (for example Bucharest bypass which is just a lame 2 lane road). I remember reading a few months ago about this accident: a guy (noob) tried to avoid hitting dog and instead he entered the other way hitting a Daewoo Damas and killing the driver. Their combined speed was around 100-110. This happened on the Bucharest bypass road. At least trees are immobile and don't jump in front of cars.
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #38
AnonymvsBeaver

Likes (Received): 3639

We do have stray dogs but mainly in the big cities so you dont encounter them when dring in the country..
AnonymvsBeaver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:26 AM   #39
Du'Myth
Alive

Likes (Received): 1820

IF for every tree cut down along the road, they put another one (or more, even better) somewhere else -like in a forest- its ok. Let me remind you that without the flora, there wouldn't be any air to breathe, thus meaning no human life or whatsoever terrestrial fauna.
Living alongside nature is the wisest thing to do, paying it more respect would be a nice start.
Old July 14th, 2008, 07:44 AM   #40
just4ivaylo

If you don't cut down the trees, then put barriers between them and the road. Simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bulgaria, radi, road

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: