Missing Link Road (Langata-NHC-Kibera-Ngong Road) | Nairobi | U/C - Page 23 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Transport and Infrastructure

Transport and Infrastructure Transport, infrastructure and other related discussions


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 24th, 2019, 09:34 PM   #441
abckris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bungoma
Posts: 5,824
Likes (Received): 2336

That valley is so wide I can only imagine how big that bridge will be. 500 m? 1 km?
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 25th, 2019, 10:15 AM   #442
Investor254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 273
Likes (Received): 285

The valley can be narrowed through the bridge. What worries me more is the time it will take to put it up. Meaning we may be well into 2021 for us to entertain any thoughts of completion of this project. This project commence at the same time as ngong road phase 1 as well as the redhill link road. The other two are complete, H young is still dragging its feet on this one
Investor254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2019, 11:42 AM   #443
Kenya Patriot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,234
Likes (Received): 1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor254 View Post
The valley can be narrowed through the bridge. What worries me more is the time it will take to put it up. Meaning we may be well into 2021 for us to entertain any thoughts of completion of this project. This project commence at the same time as ngong road phase 1 as well as the redhill link road. The other two are complete, H young is still dragging its feet on this one
The political situation of Kibera slum demolition meant the planners put completion date as 2022. They were right on the mark.
Kenya Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2019, 04:34 PM   #444
abckris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bungoma
Posts: 5,824
Likes (Received): 2336

Two things:

1) There should be no measure of time on what's good. We can wait for a good road thru Kibra for sure. How many were happy with the rushed Luthuli Avenue?
2) What demolitions? I thought the road reserve was already clear.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:07 PM   #445
Investor254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 273
Likes (Received): 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
Two things:

1) There should be no measure of time on what's good. We can wait for a good road thru Kibra for sure. How many were happy with the rushed Luthuli Avenue?
2) What demolitions? I thought the road reserve was already clear.
This road is a massive road. The road reserve was cleared almost two years ago. One side of the kibera river bridge was done for over 4 years since 2015. If this is the standard it's going to take then we are looking at another 4 years. H young has a terrible reputation when it comes to the time it takes to complete their projects.

Ngong Road phase two and phase 3 that started just the other day are hurtling towards completion yet this one, progress is painfully slow
__________________

Kijanamwafrika liked this post
Investor254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2019, 08:29 PM   #446
DissidentX
Mnadhimu Mkuu
 
DissidentX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 48
Likes (Received): 15

Question is this road part of this project?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9RPvu30_kY

or its different.
DissidentX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 05:54 AM   #447
JARIBU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,437
Likes (Received): 632

I don't think so. This is a major multi-lane road while the ones on the video are streets in Kibra that were built by NYS not too long ago. It's sad to see that some areas are falling apart already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DissidentX View Post
Question is this road part of this project?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9RPvu30_kY

or its different.
JARIBU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 07:19 PM   #448
DissidentX
Mnadhimu Mkuu
 
DissidentX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 48
Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARIBU View Post
I don't think so. This is a major multi-lane road while the ones on the video are streets in Kibra that were built by NYS not too long ago. It's sad to see that some areas are falling apart already.

ooh i get it..this was the one built by NYS/Waiguru at 791 million for 3.25 km..making it 280M per KM..and that is not all even that figure was for dry materials only because NYS had the equipment and labour for construction.


Just look at its state? no drainage, no pavements no markings and its already falling apart.


https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/...ske/index.html
DissidentX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2019, 07:00 PM   #449
Investor254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 273
Likes (Received): 285

The progress on this road is extremely slow. A 3km stretch taking 5 years to complete!
__________________

Kijanamwafrika liked this post
Investor254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:57 AM   #450
Kenya Patriot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,234
Likes (Received): 1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor254 View Post
The progress on this road is extremely slow. A 3km stretch taking 5 years to complete!
Contractor and government dilly dallying over the crucial build through kibra slum. They better do it before political adventures start.
Kenya Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 12:17 PM   #451
Investor254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 273
Likes (Received): 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenya Patriot View Post
Contractor and government dilly dallying over the crucial build through kibra slum. They better do it before political adventures start.
Kibera slum is already cleared. This is not the issue. H young tends to take too long on most of their projects. This project started at the same time with the redhill project which is a longer road in a very bad terrain. That project is already complete while this one we are still having wet dreams about it
__________________

acreed79 liked this post
Investor254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us