#UC: North Queensland Stadium (Townsville) - Page 24 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland > Regional Queensland

Regional Queensland Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Townsville, Mackay

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2020, 02:58 AM   #461
Melb_SuperTall

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRGB View Post
Transport plan for the stadium has been announced and what a disappointment, more cars and more cars basically, whether you park at Reid Park or the Showgrounds and catch a shuttle bus it is a drive your car plan and not much else, such a wasted opportunity to run public transport from the Northern Beaches and suburbs to the south that miss out altogether with the only designated bus routes to Kirwan 2 options and one from Belgian Gardens, the bus hub in Ogden St isn’t used at all as I outlined in earlier posts, what are these people thinking.
What do you mean the bus hub isn't used? It is always brimming with people close to when buses arrive, before or after that not so much. It does get used quite a bit, maybe you have been unlucky.
Melb_SuperTall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2020, 03:21 AM   #462
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 1465

I think he means the bus hub isn't used in the stadium transport plan?
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2020, 02:12 AM   #463
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 2346

Some aerial pics of the stadium from visual_drones_townsville

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2020, 03:57 PM   #464
Melb_SuperTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
I think he means the bus hub isn't used in the stadium transport plan?
Ah fair enough, well I think people will use the bus hub regardless of the so called "Plan" for me I will be walking, lucky enough to live nearby. Still not happy with Mark Bailey not even allowing the train trial.. now if he lived here it would be a different story.
Old January 8th, 2020, 05:08 AM   #465
Burden

wow that came together really quick, would be good if they could have some sort of plantation somewhere, thick vegetation, palms or pines something to that extent.

17 floors up liked this post
Burden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2020, 11:40 AM   #466
jonwil

Likes (Received): 1447

In this country in 2019 we should be making public transport the default (and preferred) choice for getting to events at a major venue like this. There is no reason they couldn't set things up so that buses are the default (and easiest) way people get to Cowboys games etc rather than bringing their car (including parking and traffic limits as exist around venues like Suncorp). Do what they do elsewhere and make the bus travel free if you have an event ticket (like it is for events at Suncorp where trains and shuttle buses are free for event ticket holders)

Oriolus liked this post
jonwil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2020, 03:06 PM   #467
Melb_SuperTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
wow that came together really quick, would be good if they could have some sort of plantation somewhere, thick vegetation, palms or pines something to that extent.
Probably better to keep it open, easy to maintain. Palms are a definite no no, too many fronds requiring pruning plus they attract bats.. not really what you want. I have seen too many developments look amazing when finished and then they go plant a version of the amazon and it just looks feral plus eventually they give up and stop maintaining it resulting in dead plants, weeds and what not.

LA53R liked this post
Old January 22nd, 2020, 05:43 AM   #468
LA53R

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
In this country in 2019 we should be making public transport the default (and preferred) choice for getting to events at a major venue like this. There is no reason they couldn't set things up so that buses are the default (and easiest) way people get to Cowboys games etc rather than bringing their car (including parking and traffic limits as exist around venues like Suncorp). Do what they do elsewhere and make the bus travel free if you have an event ticket (like it is for events at Suncorp where trains and shuttle buses are free for event ticket holders)
Should be a train going via it.
I don't know Townsville is there a pax train at all? If it's like Cairns there is probably sweet fark all in the way of public transport. Either way it looks awesome! Nice Stadium.
Old January 22nd, 2020, 08:02 AM   #469
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3644

Townsville is in exactly the same position as Cairns transport wise, buses and few of them.
Old January 24th, 2020, 04:41 AM   #470
Burden

Saw these online and thought they were pretty impressive. So when do we think the tower crane will arrive... jk..

I think the second photo would illustrate nicely how much kapow there would be if that old Saville site was developed with a 20st hotel *cough Hilton!

Oriolus, Sydarc, Arreis, Aussie Bhoy liked this post
Old January 25th, 2020, 02:18 AM   #471
Melb_SuperTall

[QUOTE=Burden;165903028]Saw these online and thought they were pretty impressive. So when do we think the tower crane will arrive... jk..

I think the second photo would illustrate nicely how much kapow there would be if that old Saville site was developed with a 20st hotel *cough Hilton!

It is sad that site isn't even being offered for sale, who owns it? is it still "Three Islands Pty Ltd" shame that it has been left like this for so long.
Old January 25th, 2020, 03:09 AM   #472
EnolaGray

Likes (Received): 1477

Surely not the best scenario to be hosting a concert on freshly laid turf just weeks before the first NRL game. 4 to 6 weeks is usually the advised timeframe to not disturb turn once laid.

I understand this isn't your normal turf, but evidence from events at Suncorp and other stadiums is that events like concerts do damage it.
EnolaGray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2020, 05:14 AM   #473
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3644

They aren't turfing the area where the stage will be until after the show. I assume the crowd doesn't too much damage.
Old January 26th, 2020, 03:48 AM   #474
EnolaGray

Likes (Received): 1477

Its still probably not ideal to let the grass enough time to root effectively and could see clumps getting ripped up.. but other stadiums have done similar over the years i guess
EnolaGray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2020, 09:22 AM   #475
GBRGB

Likes (Received): 181

The main span of the new pedestrian bridge from the stadium precinct across to Reid Park is loaded on the support columns and is quite impressive, I passed yesterday whilst a train was coming through under it and it emphasises the scale of the bridge, very large for pedestrians only bridge, can’t wait to see the final pieces come together.

Oriolus liked this post
GBRGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2020, 11:14 PM   #476
Burden

Shame there wasnt more high rise activity... now the best view in town, this would be an epic spot to have a schooey and watch the activity.

Source

GBRGB, Oriolus liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
sport, stadium, townsville