Luanda | Projecto Comandante Gika | Luanda Shopping (238 lojas) + Hotel Vip Grand Luanda (22P; 370 suites; 5*) + Garden Towers (2x22P) + Alvalade Residence (2x20P) | E/C - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > Angola > Projectos e Construção > Projectos de Luanda

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #41
Matthias Offodile

Likes (Received): 19795

Slavery in Asia, Slavery in today´s Africa is more entrenched than in Asia. Don´t you guys read scientic journals?
Quote:
Thailand is not an ideal country. They have shopping malls and skyscrapers but it only masks their problems.

Thailand has everything that the poorest African countries have. Corruption, immense poverty and inequality. If memory serves me right it has a poverty rate of 60% or something like that, Nigeria now has a lesser poverty rate and the political stability is looking better.

I won't discuss further, I love these developments in Angola and I don't want to discuss anymore politics.

Btw I know an Angolan that lives in America, she loves her country and visits luanda sometimes. When she visits Luanda again I will ask her to take pictures.
the only aspect that I agree on is that Thailand is not an idela country.

I just used Thailand and not any other major Asian economy because Thailand is closer to Africa but still leaps and bounds ahead of any African country (outside SA). Just go and check their ratings (HDI, GDP, GNI etc...)...They are all well above any African country (aprt from the island nation of Mauritius)

Speedy development creates jobs and Africa needs jobs many jobs...there is an explosion in population and countries are not growing at full speed to give everyone a good standard of living.

Quote:
Matt, again you fail to understand that countries build skyscrapers and shopping malls, and get rid of slums, because they are developing quickly, they do not develop quickly because they build skyscrapers and malls. Its a 'symptom' NOT a 'cause'. WHen the economic environment allows, the private sector will take the lead to build such things, they dont need further prompting.

Phil
It has to do a lot with urban planning and private investment and when there is potential and low risk... investors local and foreign will come to steer the countries out of poverty.

The problem with africa is that it is too corrupt, poor (also in terms of infrasture) and has a horrible image the world over...it doesn´t invest a penny in marketing and branding...SSC does more marketing for Angola, most likely than angolan government.

Asian countries build a lot of infrasture and had cheap labour when they took off in the 70´s...Popa1980, Ghana should be rubbing shoulders with Malaysia, don´t you agree?

The tiny city state of Singapore received more foreign investment than all of Africa south of Sahara combined ( a few years ago).

I have been an optimist for too long, my patience is growing thin...I don´t see that much of improvement considering the way most African countries still look like. (400 people were slaughtere lately in Nigeria, it is just horrible)
Matthias Offodile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #42
Matthias Offodile

Look at what is happening to the oil price, Angola and Nigeria were just beginning to raise their heads again...there was no time for diversification (at least in Angola´s case)

Both countries need hundreds of billions of dollars to show poverty the door. With a low oil price many projects that were planned are/will be postponed again or financed by amassing debts again....and we are talking here of the good countries, many Afican countries didn´t jump on the band wagon the past five years of progress/growth. the outlook is really gloomy.

There is no time for slow progress with exploding population it puts a lot of strain on governments and countries and existing (mostly decaying) infrastructure..We can´t look through rose-tinted spectacles and say things will adjust "we go the slow way".

Africa as a whole with growing population needs to grow broadly (broad-based growth) by at least 7% on average for a generation in order to see visible change on the ground. it´s stuck in shit at the moment. it ´s so frustrating.
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:50 AM   #43
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 15410

you are right. I totally agree with you, but I think that only we (the new generation) can make a difference.

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #44
Hammelkar
Be Your Self

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Offodile View Post
Look at what is happening to the oil price, Angola and Nigeria were just beginning to raise their heads again...there was no time for diversification (at least in Angola´s case)

Both countries need hundreds of billions of dollars to show poverty the door. With a low oil price many projects that were planned are/will be postponed again or financed by amassing debts again....and we are talking here of the good countries, many Afican countries didn´t jump on the band wagon the past five years of progress/growth. the outlook is really gloomy.

There is no time for slow progress with exploding population it puts a lot of strain on governments and countries and existing (mostly decaying) infrastructure..We can´t look through rose-tinted spectacles and say things will adjust "we go the slow way".

Africa as a whole with growing population needs to grow broadly (broad-based growth) by at least 7% on average for a generation in order to see visible change on the ground. it´s stuck in shit at the moment. it ´s so frustrating.
I wouldnt be so dramatic Matt! At least for the Angola case. Our Government always prepared the budget suposing that the oil price would be around 55 dolars per barrel. And diversification in Angola already started. Not widely spread but already started
Hammelkar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #45
KIKOGONSAS

Likes (Received): 0

all this appartments are in Luanda?
KIKOGONSAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #46
skytrax
Big boss!

Yes

Old December 10th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #47
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Offodile View Post
it doesn´t invest a penny in marketing and branding...SSC does more marketing for Angola, most likely than angolan government.
True Matt, I have never seen any advert regarding Angola hosting 2010 African Cup of Nations in South Africa and that will take plae in just over a year. No one will voluntarily decide to go to Angola as its being perceived as a very poor country which is dangerous and with no developments.

Why the hell aren't the Angolan government go out and tell the rest of the world about the changing shapes of the likes of Luanda? It irrtates the hell out of me.

When will wee see an African country, except SA, featured posetively on DSTV's travel channel so that people can envy visiting them.
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #48
Matthias Offodile

Quote:
True Matt, I have never seen any advert regarding Angola hosting 2010 African Cup of Nations in South Africa and that will take plae in just over a year. No one will voluntarily decide to go to Angola as its being perceived as a very poor country which is dangerous and with no developments.

Why the hell aren't the Angolan government go out and tell the rest of the world about the changing shapes of the likes of Luanda? It irrtates the hell out of me.

When will wee see an African country, except SA, featured posetively on DSTV's travel channel so that people can envy visiting them
Exactly my thought, Pule! It is truly regrettable..and it frustrates me , makes me sad and furious as well.

Afican countries seem to love when the image of "shit" sticks!
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #49
vfG
Villeurbanne

Likes (Received): 2142

i think that the communication exists but in a certain sphere of the society... of course thats regrettable.
but the problem is the political an social stability, people are not confident about it ... and a few year after a crysis thats a good point to see so much projects on the poorest continent of the world (officially)...
vfG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #50
marcopalma
Marco Palma - Opway, SA

Likes (Received): 0

Angola e mais um projecto em grande escala, parabens!
marcopalma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #51
Barragon
Barra for Friends

Likes (Received): 15989

It's strange though... there's no information about nothing. Recently i found some information about the roadplan... but nothing more.

Tocha :: Mira :: Vagos :: Ílhavo :: Praia da Barra :: Curia :: Anadia :: Oliveira do Bairro :: Águeda

Fat people are harder to kidnap
Barragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #52
agostinho

Likes (Received): 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barragon View Post
It's strange though... there's no information about nothing. Recently i found some information about the roadplan... but nothing more.
Infelizmente é assim que as coisas se passam por lá, tudo no segredo dos Deuses
agostinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #53
AAPMBerlin

Likes (Received): 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by agostinho View Post
Infelizmente é assim que as coisas se passam por lá, tudo no segredo dos Deuses

...e quando chegas lá para tirares umas fotos, aparecem guardas ou polícias e nao te deixam tirar, porque "é proíbido!"
Como já notaram, as minhas fotos sao quase todas tiradas de dentro do automóvel...

P.S.: Matthias, was sind das für scheussliche Biersorten, die Du als neuen Avatar hast?
AAPMBerlin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #54
skytrax
Big boss!

é verdade. Uma vez parei num zona de construção qualquer em Talatona e apareceu uma guarda ja um pouco embriagado que quase me expulsou de lá a tiros. E mesmo quando não ha guardas, se o senario da fotos for na baixa da cidade onde ha muita gente, não me sinto nada a vontade. AS pessoas olham pra mim como se fosse um ET só porque resolvi tirar fotos da cidade...

JustWatch liked this post
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #55
agostinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrax View Post
é verdade. Uma vez parei num zona de construção qualquer em Talatona e apareceu uma guarda ja um pouco embriagado que quase me expulsou de lá a tiros. E mesmo quando não ha guardas, se o senario da fotos for na baixa da cidade onde ha muita gente, não me sinto nada a vontade. AS pessoas olham pra mim como se fosse um ET só porque resolvi tirar fotos da cidade...
Em angola ainda não há a cultura de fotografar pontos de referência ou monumentos? pensei que já houvesse isto, uma vez que nós até temos a facilidade de imitar hábitos ocidentais
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #56
muloji17

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPMBerlin View Post
...e quando chegas lá para tirares umas fotos, aparecem guardas ou polícias e nao te deixam tirar, porque "é proíbido!"
Como já notaram, as minhas fotos sao quase todas tiradas de dentro do automóvel...

P.S.: Matthias, was sind das für scheussliche Biersorten, die Du als neuen Avatar hast?
Pessoal nao se preocupem, em Fevereiro/09 estarei de volta a Luanda, podem contar com muitas fotos de minha parte....nem que tiver que ir preso caro AAMPBerlin...
muloji17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #57
skytrax
Big boss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agostinho View Post
Em angola ainda não há a cultura de fotografar pontos de referência ou monumentos? pensei que já houvesse isto, uma vez que nós até temos a facilidade de imitar hábitos ocidentais
Agostinho não é exagero da minha parte, mas a verdade é que o nosso povo ainda está a anos de luz de saber o que cultura. Mesmo aqueles viajados, a maior parte deles não passam de ignorantes. Maior parte dos angolanos que vem pra Lisboa, so conhece o Colombo, Rossio e a Feira-do-relogio. Não se dão o trabalho de ir ver uma peça teatral, visitar um museu, ver os Jerónimos, torre de Belém, Sintra, etc...
Eu tenho colegas e amigos que gozam de mim por ser muito dado a leitura, arte e coisas do género. Como se não fosse algo importante..

Sempre que vou ao cinema em Angola, espanto-me como as pessoas não conseguem ficar caladas durante a sessão, chegam mesmo a bater palmas! Quando eu tento ensinar alguma coisa só dizem "essa mambo é pros brancos".
Infelizmente o complexo de inferioridade ainda presiste muito, e há outros que simplesmente não querem aprender. Por isso que digo sempre: o maior cego é aquele que não quer ver.

Old December 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #58
AAPMBerlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muloji17 View Post
Pessoal nao se preocupem, em Fevereiro/09 estarei de volta a Luanda, podem contar com muitas fotos de minha parte....nem que tiver que ir preso caro AAMPBerlin...
Quando chegares cá, diz e nós vamos tirar fotos juntos... e depois umas Cucas
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #59
AAPMBerlin

Olá pessoal!

Como ninguem pode fazer umas fotos do "Commandante Gika"... voila!!!

Fotos das torres "Garden Towers", tiradas hoje, dia 13 de Fevereiro de 2009:

Old February 13th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #60
agostinho

Até que enfim esta obra perdeu a sua" virgindade" passe a expressão. valeu caro AAPMBerlim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
angola, luanda