DAYABUMI COMPLEX REDEVELOPEMENT | Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin) | 60 fl | Prep - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:39 AM   #121
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 4634

Quote:
Meanwhile, plans for a new tower near Menara Dayabumi in Kuala Lumpur, which were first announced in 2013, will see a new 80-storey block being built where the current City Point shopping centre is, which will be demolished, sources said.

This development will also include a luxury hotel as well as new office space.

According to sources, the new office space will be largely taken up by the needs of Petronas for its back-end services.

“Dayabumi is largely tenanted by Petronas companies such as its shared services team. These groups are growing and so they will need new space,” said a source.

The redevelopment of the Dayabumi complex is expected to start this year, with completion targeted for 2019.
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/B...LCC/?style=biz
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:46 AM   #122
sepul

Likes (Received): 1988

80-storey could be a typo, or got confused with Lot K?
sepul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:23 AM   #123
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 4634

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepul View Post
80-storey could be a typo, or got confused with Lot K?
According to the latest application:

CADANGAN MEROBOH 1 BLOK 6 TINGKAT BANGUNAN SEDIADA (CITY POINT) BESERTA 2 TINGKAT BASEMEN DAN MEMBINA SEMULA 1 BLOK BANGUNAN 60 TINGKAT YANG MENGANDUNGI:- - 4 TINGKAT BASEMEN - 1 TINGKAT LOBI UTAMA & RUANG NIAGA - 3 TINGKAT RUANG NIAGA - 1 TINGKAT KEMUDAHAN HOTEL (BALLROOM) - 4 TINGKAT RUANG MEKANIKAL - 1 TINGKAT LOBI PEJABAT DAN RESTORAN - 28 TINGKAT RUANG PEJABAT - 18 TINGKAT HOTEL (540 BILIK) - 4 TINGKAT KEMUDAHAN HOTEL 2. CADANGAN TEROWONG KENDERAAN DARI JALAN TUN SAMBANTHAN KE ARAS BASEMEN DI ATAS LOT-LOT 38, 39, 45 DAN 51, SEKSYEN 70, JALAN SULTAN HISHAMUDDIN, KUALA LUMPUR
Untuk Tetuan
:
TETUAN KOMPLEKS DAYABUMI SDN BHD, ARAS 54, MENARA 2, MENARA KEMBAR PETRONASS, KUALA LUMPUR CITY CENTRE, 50088 KUALA LUMPUR TEL 03-23828000/FAX 03-21648004

http://www.epbt.gov.my/osc/Proj1_Inf...ame=543826&S=S

It's either they confused with the Lot K or planned to revise the existing floor count.
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 02:01 PM   #124
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15578

Quote:
From my KLite fren

Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

davidwsk, szehoong liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:02 AM   #125
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 2640

KLCCP Stapled Group, which is planning to build a 60-storey office and hotel tower(Shangri-La) next to Menara Dayabumi
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/B...umi/?style=biz

He said the new tower would be built on the current City Point shopping centre, which is currently being demolished. City Point is part of Kompleks Dayabumi.

The plan for a new tower next to Menara Dayabumi was first announced in 2013. It is expected to have a 540-room hotel, 500,000 sq ft of office space and five levels of retail podium.

“We are expecting the tower to be completed by 2019. We are looking at a potential yield of more than 10% since we are building it,” Hashim said.

He added that the group was also planning to add another 35,000 sq ft of office space at Menara Dayabumi, which would see the building’s atrium transform into three levels of office space.

davidwsk liked this post
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:43 AM   #126
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1017

What, the new Dayabumi Tower will have a Shangri-La Hotel? There already exists a Shangri-La Hotel in Kuala Lumpur (as part of the UBN complex. Will it replace the existing Shangri-La or will it just be the second Shangri-La Hotel for the Klang Valley area? I'm unsure since nothing has been confirmed yet.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #127
THT-United
MILLENNIUM FALCON

Likes (Received): 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
What, the new Dayabumi Tower will have a Shangri-La Hotel? There already exists a Shangri-La Hotel in Kuala Lumpur (as part of the UBN complex. Will it replace the existing Shangri-La or will it just be the second Shangri-La Hotel for the Klang Valley area? I'm unsure since nothing has been confirmed yet.
Cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shenyang, and even Kota Kinabalu have two or more Shangri-La branded hotels EACH, and this is not including the Hotel Jen (ex-Traders) in some of these cities! Or what about Penang, where Golden Sands and Shangri-La Rasa Sayang are side by side?

Seriously, I guess the Sultan Ismail property is doing well (always the top hotel in TripAdvisor's KL listing) and this is the reason that the Dayabumi developers approached them to run the hotel component in this project. And maybe this new hotel will be called Shangri-La Downtown, as the new one in Hangzhou is "Midtown" (the existing one there is called "Shangri-La Hotel", just like KL), assuming they follow such a naming convention!
THT-United no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 06:54 AM   #128
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1017

Oh, sorry; When I said "replace the existing Shangri-La Hotel", I mistakenly thought they would either sell that building (the existing Shangri-La) within the UBN complex to a different hotel chain, or demolish the entre UBN Complex for another major redevelopment project (similar to how Hong Kong replaced its Ritz-Carlton Hotel). That would be unfortunate, because I would hate for the KL area to lose another large hotel (it already lost the former Crowne Plaza Mutiara, and the Istana and Concorde hotels were supposed to be redeveloped in the future, but I think they never got off the ground).

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.

Last edited by Jim856796; April 18th, 2015 at 07:26 AM.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:54 AM   #129
azey
Maintenant ou Jamais

Location: Paris,Londres,Milano,Italia, Marrakech,Portofino,Venise, Barcelone,Malaisie, Florence
Likes (Received): 1725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
Oh, sorry; When I said "replace the existing Shangri-La Hotel", I mistakenly thought they would either sell that building (the existing Shangri-La) within the UBN complex to a different hotel chain, or demolish the entre UBN Complex for another major redevelopment project (similar to how Hong Kong replaced its Ritz-Carlton Hotel). That would be unfortunate, because I would hate for the KL area to lose another large hotel (it already lost the former Crowne Plaza Mutiara, and the Istana and Concorde hotels were supposed to be redeveloped in the future, but I think they never got off the ground).
Crowne Plaza will be replaced by tradewinds square which probably include a hotel 10 times better than crowne plaza(tradewindscorp also own crowne plaza basically),theyre also planning future redevelopment for hotel istana(also own by tradewinds) and Concorde will be transform into supertall glassy version....its not at all unfortunate

ILM liked this post
azey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 08:01 AM   #130
azey
Maintenant ou Jamais

Location: Paris,Londres,Milano,Italia, Marrakech,Portofino,Venise, Barcelone,Malaisie, Florence

Quote:
Originally Posted by THT-United View Post
Cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shenyang, and even Kota Kinabalu have two or more Shangri-La branded hotels EACH, and this is not including the Hotel Jen (ex-Traders) in some of these cities! Or what about Penang, where Golden Sands and Shangri-La Rasa Sayang are side by side?

Seriously, I guess the Sultan Ismail property is doing well (always the top hotel in TripAdvisor's KL listing) and this is the reason that the Dayabumi developers approached them to run the hotel component in this project. And maybe this new hotel will be called Shangri-La Downtown, as the new one in Hangzhou is "Midtown" (the existing one there is called "Shangri-La Hotel", just like KL), assuming they follow such a naming convention!
i see the new shangrila mirrors peninsula hk, historical area with avantgarde designed building nearby,they should name it ShangriLa Dataran Merdeka
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:12 PM   #131
daniu79

Likes (Received): 64

or Shangrila at Dataran?

ILM liked this post
daniu79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:31 PM   #132
patchay

Likes (Received): 1528

Why not Shangri-La River of Life KL?

Will be cool to incorporate the elements of future KL.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 01:31 AM   #133
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1919

Was at the Royal Selangor Club on Saturday and saw the blue scaffolding covering the building! Such exciting times to have City Point demolished haha......actually this is like one of the rare times I am agreeable to a demolition in KL haha
Old April 20th, 2015, 02:01 AM   #134
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2007

Its about time ha!But the sad truth is. It was a failure from day one .
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 10:30 AM   #135
archilover

Likes (Received): 3217

that was my final project site
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 05:45 PM   #136
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2007

Taneka Kumagai?
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2015, 05:54 AM   #137
THT-United
MILLENNIUM FALCON

Likes (Received): 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniu79 View Post
or Shangrila at Dataran?
Maybe the developers can have an English name, for a slightly grander feel - Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur at Merdeka Square?

With the existing one being renamed to Downtown Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur or Shangri-La City Center, like the new Hilton KL City Center next door (to be built by YNH, opposite Concorde)?
THT-United no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:22 AM   #138
azey
Maintenant ou Jamais

Quote:
Originally Posted by THT-United View Post
Maybe the developers can have an English name, for a slightly grander feel - Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur at Merdeka Square?

ILM liked this post
azey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 06:23 AM   #139
patchay

Likes (Received): 1528

Guys, it's gonna be Hotel Jen, the 3rd Shangri-La group of brands in KL, after Shangri-La and Traders Hotel.

Source: Focus M Weekly

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 06:55 AM   #140
archilover

Likes (Received): 3217

so it will be a chic ,modern and edgy 4star hotel..not a luxurious one..for such great design building,it deserve a more luxurious brand..the design and the style of the building speaks more conrad than hotel Jen
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement