TOKYO - 2020 Summer Olympic Games | Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 31st, 2014, 08:58 PM   #61
endrity

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Retractable seats...

Yet the futuristic spaceship style of the initial design remains, as do other features including state-of-the-art technology including environmentally conscious air-conditioning and seats that can be moved towards the field for a better view.

Out of the total capacity of 80,000 seats, about 15,000 of these will be movable, according to the latest design proposal.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/olympi...o-2020-stadium
Similar to Stade de France I suppose
endrity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #62
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1017

Tokyo 2020 possibly revising Olympic venue plans to combat spiraling costs? I can think of one possibility: The proposed temporary Olympic Gymnastics Center may be scrapped and all the gymnastics events can take place at the existing Tokyo Dome, which has a ~50,000 capacity. That would be really large in comparison to other Olympic gymnastics venues.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #63
oritaorighta
a smooth boy

Likes (Received): 297

I think that the fact of the design of the Tokyo Dome wouldn't really work as the venue for something like gymnastics. There is the entire atmosphere one must think about, and judging by the photos, the distance some people may be from the action could ruin the atmosphere. Also I don't think it'll be a good image if the stadium is only half filled given it's huge capacity.

it's for baseball anyway. Imagine hosting gymnastics in Citizens Bank. Not a fun time.

Old July 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #64
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 5330

wouldnt it be better to maybe redevelop/renovate the yokohama stadium ? who would be using the new stadium once it has been built? surely tokyo has a massive population and many sporting clubs and events, but i am afraid this will end up being unused
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #65
Bobby3

Likes (Received): 70

I suspect either FC Tokyo or Verdy will move in when it's done, Ajinamoto will be showing its age by 2020.
Bobby3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 05:49 AM   #66
Jim856796

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
wouldnt it be better to maybe redevelop/renovate the yokohama stadium ? who would be using the new stadium once it has been built? surely tokyo has a massive population and many sporting clubs and events, but i am afraid this will end up being unused
"The New National Stadium will end up being unused"? I suspect Tokyo just had to shoot for redevelopment of their existing National Stadium because it (the old National Stadium) had become functionally obsolete.

Old July 13th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #67
BlazerBlaze

Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritaorighta View Post
I think that the fact of the design of the Tokyo Dome wouldn't really work as the venue for something like gymnastics. There is the entire atmosphere one must think about, and judging by the photos, the distance some people may be from the action could ruin the atmosphere. Also I don't think it'll be a good image if the stadium is only half filled given it's huge capacity.

it's for baseball anyway. Imagine hosting gymnastics in Citizens Bank. Not a fun time.
Maybe they could do something like we did here in Atlanta in '96. Hang a divider in the middle of the stadium and have one half for Gymnastics and the other for something else.
BlazerBlaze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #68
Sakesin
Sakesin

Likes (Received): 551

6 years to go!!
Sakesin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 07:35 AM   #69
S.T.Y AP

Likes (Received): 629

An awesome video about the Kenzo Tange's Yoyogi Olympic Arena. 50 years of history. You should be proud, it's a great stadium!
It's a beautiful video, look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbeo2nvaNjA

Last edited by S.T.Y AP; October 3rd, 2014 at 07:53 AM.
S.T.Y AP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #70
GreenMonk108
The Unusual Suspect

Likes (Received): 16

Nice HD Summer Olympic Open Ceremony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-n_QSS0oghttp://

TurboB, love-qatar, chestersim liked this post
GreenMonk108 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 03:38 PM   #71
BKarchitect

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.Y AP View Post
An awesome video about the Kenzo Tange's Yoyogi Olympic Arena. 50 years of history. You should be proud, it's a great stadium!
It's a beautiful video, look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbeo2nvaNjA
Yoyogi is a pure masterpiece, an ultimate expression of modern (from 50 years ago!) technology and artistry.

I would put this new Zaha design in that class but it is impressive nonetheless. A soaring, curving, technologically packed ode to the Japan's future. I do feel it lost some connection to the surrounding area with the ramped walkways lopped off. Instead of an organic form flowing out of the earth it now reads more like a shape sitting on a green plinth above its surroundings.

S.T.Y AP liked this post
BKarchitect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #72
Sakesin
Sakesin

Likes (Received): 551

2074 days to go.
Sakesin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #73
JmSepe
Nobel Prize Laureate

Likes (Received): 232

Wow that is a nice countdown. :P

Any news on the new logo?

You can also find me in simtropolis, sc4devotions, anime-manga forum, the blue knight forum, mangafox, archives of our own, fanfiction, tumblr, blogspot, instagram, facebook and twitter.
JmSepe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 02:01 AM   #74
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Quote:
IOC supports Tokyo’s plans to relocate Olympic venues

Olympic venue costs for the 2020 Games could be reduced to about ¥260 billion ($2.2 billion) from an earlier estimate of ¥460 billion ($3.9 billion), according to a report released Wednesday following discussions between officials with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the International Olympic Committee.

Tokyo’s original estimate from its candidature file totaled ¥153.8 billion ($1.3 billion) for the construction of 10 new facilities for the event.

Tokyo’s original bid proposal called for 28 of the 31 facilities, including the main stadium, to be located within an 8-km radius of the Olympic Village. But the plan ran into trouble because of rising construction costs.

The IOC backs the Tokyo 2020 Organizing Committee’s proposals to change the location of venues, he said, such as moving the basketball tournament to Saitama Super Arena, 30 km outside of the capital.

Coates even said the IOC suggested to Tokyo 2020 that the basketball preliminaries could also be held outside of Tokyo in cities like Osaka.

l to be developed, still to be approved by the organizing committee.”

Tokyo Gov. Yoichi Masuzoe also confirmed that three of the 10 venues proposed for construction — including the stadiums for basketball, badminton and sailing in Saitama Prefecture — will be scrapped.
The Japan Times

Well, I've never understood if the Saitama Super Arena was constructed for basketball purposes, why Tokyo 2020 bid didn't propose since the beginning.

Same in the case to move some competitions far away from Tokyo but near in travel times by Shinkansen: Osaka, Nagoya, Sendai.. many big cities who can fill the stadiums with citizens.
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 04:30 AM   #75
oritaorighta
a smooth boy

Likes (Received): 297

There's some rule if a venue is far enough away, they have to build another Olympic village for them, so that might be a reason they are reluctant to move events far away from Tokyo.

because why not
oritaorighta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 08:03 AM   #76
Jim856796

From insidethegames.biz:

Tokyo 2020 Set to Save US$1 Billion as Venues Are Moved

A number of changes to the proposed venues of Tokyo 2020 were approved at Rio de Janeiro on Friday (Feb 27) by the IOC's ruling Executive Board, saving an estimated US $1 billion (£650 million/€890 million) as the financial advantages of Agenda 2020 begin to become clear.

Basketball, canoe-slalom and equestrian will now be hosted at different venues than the temporary venues originally planned in the bid. Basketball is being relocated to the Saitama Super Arena. The dressage and show jumping disciplines of the Equestrian move to Baji Park, a venue from the 1964 Summer Olympics (it is unclear if the cross-country discipline will be moved somewhere else as well). Canoe-Slalom goes from Kasai Rinkai Park to a spot a few hundred metres outside the park.

A full programme of revised changes is due to be presented to the IOC in April.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/olympi...s-venues-moved

Old March 2nd, 2015, 06:40 PM   #77
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Basketball. From Youth Plaza B to the Saitama Super Arena. I imagine the Badminton venue will be changed too. I hope the Saitama Super Arena brings good luck to the Spanish Basketball Olympic Team

Equestrian disciplines. From Sea Forest Cross-Country Course to the Baji Koen, equestrian center in Tokyo 1964. This park is quick far from other venues, is located in Setagawa, between the Odakyu Odawara Line and Tokyu Den-en-Toshi Line.

Canoe (Kasai slalom). The venue inside the Kasai Rinkai Park will be moved "a few hundred meters outside the Park". It's uncertain but I imagine this place used for power and logistics purposes on the left side (right to the Arakawa river) http://goo.gl/maps/42JSK

?????

Old March 5th, 2015, 02:15 PM   #78
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Olympic Stadium demolition update (March 4):

Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/loloskytree-.../43650135.html

Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #79
George_D

Likes (Received): 333

Olympic stadium will be renovated or will be constructed a new?
George_D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 03:15 AM   #80
apneto

Likes (Received): 1

See you in 2020 tokyo!!!!
apneto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
olympic games 2020, olympics, tokyo 2020