NOMINATE: your favorite European football stadiums for the EuroFootball Cup - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:07 AM   #61
dj4life
Registered User
 
dj4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: World
Posts: 24,562
Likes (Received): 49570

Tele2 arena, Stockholm, Sweden

image hosted on flickr

tele2 arena by freddie boy, on Flickr

Ullevi, Gothenburg, Sweden


MDNA Tour Ullevi Stadium Gothenburg – Photo by @hausofjacOb par rockimitatesart, sur Flickr

Allianz arena, Munich, Germany


Allianz Arena par limaramada, sur Flickr
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 14th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #62
singoone
€ Scraping the sky €
 
singoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Prague, CZ/EU
Posts: 1,806
Likes (Received): 674

Emirates Stadium, London

The Emirates stadium by singoone, on Flickr

Eden Arena, Prague
(Synot Tip Arena)

Source: http://www.photoextract.com/cs/foto/265085.html


Source:http://www.concept-one.cz/n/synot-ti...na-hospitality

Allianz Arena, Munich

Allianz Arena by Herby Crus, on Flickr
singoone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #63
rolio
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,923
Likes (Received): 3190

Parc des Princes, Paris






San Siro, Milan



Signal Iduna Park, Dortmund

__________________

McClane liked this post
rolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #64
mckeenan
Registered User
 
mckeenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 1,011
Likes (Received): 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
I think the reason people keep nominating the same stadiums is that because they think the number of nominations matters now. In fact voting will happen only later, this phase is just selecting the participants. One nomination now is just as effective as five nominations...
People who's not familiar with one to one competitions should had been told about this rule. Myself, I didn't know, although I suspected that just one nomination will suffice. BTW people should post 330x330 pictures as asked in the first post, to make it easier for Jan.

Also, while I appreciate this thread, voting competition results are not very trustful.

Last edited by mckeenan; April 14th, 2014 at 03:41 PM.
mckeenan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #65
Tank555
Registered User
 
Tank555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

Stádio Spiros Louis

Emirates Stadium

Astana Arena
Tank555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #66
Milanomia
Ciclista Metropolitano
 
Milanomia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Q.re Adriano – MILANO
Posts: 10,626
Likes (Received): 3981

1) Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid (Real Madrid)
2) San Siro, Milano (AC Milan - FC Inter)
3) Allianz Arena, Munchen (FC Bayern Munchen)
[/SIZE]
Milanomia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #67
gggggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanomia View Post
1) Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid (Real Madrid)
2) San Siro, Milano (AC Milan - FC Inter)
3) Allianz Arena, Munchen (FC Bayern Munchen)
Whats the point of nominating these they have already been chosen.

Estadi Cornellŕ-El Prat



mckeenan why dosent jan take all the pics off www.worldstadiums.com
__________________

moca liked this post

Last edited by gggggy; April 14th, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
gggggy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #68
gggggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 4

Stadion Wrocław

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lotu_ptaka.jpg

http://www.stadiumguide.com/wp-conte...claw_front.jpg


Last edited by gggggy; April 14th, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
gggggy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #69
gggggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 4

Poznan Stadium

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-11-03_(4).JPG

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/a...n_1492515a.jpg



Will no-one nominate the Türk Telekom Arena?

Last edited by gggggy; April 14th, 2014 at 04:06 PM.
gggggy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #70
Fab87
Dietrich von Welschbern
 
Fab87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Welschbern
Posts: 7,328
Likes (Received): 7159

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
I think the reason people keep nominating the same stadiums is that because they think the number of nominations matters now. In fact voting will happen only later, this phase is just selecting the participants. One nomination now is just as effective as five nominations...
it might also be about posting better looking pics. Pics play an important role in these tournaments.
__________________
"A Torino sso' cchiu mariuol e cca"
senza generalizzare, ovviamente ;)
Fab87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #71
Tony E Architecture
Registered User
 
Tony E Architecture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: London, England.
Posts: 404
Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Thank you for acknowledging my point. Now please stop trolling, move on and enjoy.
You edited my post via quoting. I only suggested, no need to call me a troll. I'm not trolling. It's a suggestion. Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I am a troll.
__________________
Proud to be English!

I am a massive Arsenal Supporter. I am from and live in London, England here and I am English. I love Sport (Especially Football), Architecture, Construction, Computer Gaming, Socialising and Blogging.
Tony E Architecture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #72
Sghue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 6
Likes (Received): 2

Probably there's more in other countries.
__________________

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Sghue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #73
mckeenan
Registered User
 
mckeenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 1,011
Likes (Received): 694

Should people be allowed to nominate stadiums that doesn't meet UEFA cat 4 (former 5 stars) requirements? I see no point in that, because only category 4 stadiums can host an Eurocup, I guess.
mckeenan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #74
Leedsrule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,622
Likes (Received): 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeenan View Post
Should people be allowed to nominate stadiums that doesn't meet UEFA cat 4 (former 5 stars) requirements? I see no point in that, because only category 4 stadiums can host an Eurocup, I guess.
What do you mean?! You don't understand at all! The eurocup is just the name, theres no yournament and the stadiums arent hosting anything, its the name for a 1v1 competiton on skyscrapercity where people will vote on their favorite stadiums.

http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=t...ent&do=winners

Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 07:43 PM   #75
kivo
Registered User
 
kivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 519
Likes (Received): 197

Hillsborough


Stade Velodrome


Olympic Stadium, Berlin
__________________

Leedsrule liked this post
kivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #76
Pantazi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 46
Likes (Received): 34

I'm actually more into cricket stadiums, which have far more character than their football counterparts, but here are my nominations anyway. I'm voting for the overall football experience (location, views, atmosphere) rather than just architecture.

Estádio do Restelo (Os Belenenses, Lisbon). Right by the iconic Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, overlooking the Tagus River, this stadium is great for a Sunday morning stroll around the quiet alleys of Belém and some pastéis de Belém before a meaningless and highly likely scoreless football match.




İnönü Stadyumu (Beşiktaş JK, Istanbul). Attend a football match in Europe overlooking the Asian shore across the Bosphorus and the silhouette of the Tower of Leandros, the Clock Tower and the minarets of Bezmialem Valide Sultan Camii, just a few steps away from Dolmabahçe Sarayı. Round up the experience with a walk to the stadium along the leafy Ağaçlı Yol as you power yourself up with a hearty kumpir.




Stade François-Coty (AC Ajaccio, Ajaccio). If having a stadium named after a maître parfumeur weren't enough, this unpretentious insular ground has great views over the Mediterranean Sea and the adjacent beach of the Ricanto. Do your own warm-up with a dish of rouget grillé and a glass or seven of local white wine, and enjoy the feeling of a laid-back afternoon of dull Corsican football, where the score doesn't ever matter.

__________________
Pantazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 08:14 PM   #77
heresjohnny
BANNED
 
heresjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,749
Likes (Received): 1072

don't care if it's been nominated before. no stadium in Europe beats Celtic Park on a Champions League night.



[IMG]http://i43.************/15efnzp.jpg[/IMG]





Barcelona - Nou Camp


Real Madrid - Bernabeu
heresjohnny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #78
indaco1
Registered User
 
indaco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 1 AU from Sol
Posts: 4,491
Likes (Received): 1541

Bernabeu, San Siro and Allianz.

9+7+5+3 Champions League winners have home in these stadiums.

I don't agree I've not to nominate the best because already told by others.
__________________

McClane liked this post
indaco1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #79
KruEv
Зареєстрований Користувач
 
KruEv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,439
Likes (Received): 1683

Olympic Stadium, Kyiv





Donbass Arena, Donetsk




Allianz Arena, Munich

__________________

kaqla dougfa, zt-gregori, Mr.Cage liked this post
KruEv está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #80
Xtreminal
Azeri Dragon
 
Xtreminal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Gobustan
Posts: 6,397
Likes (Received): 2089

Please, stop writing that repeated nominations shouldn't be included. Then how we can choose stadiums, if everybody got 1 votes?

Here is official votecounts so far. 72 stadiums been nominated and here are top 20 by votecount.
  1. Allianz Arena - 10 votes
  2. Santiago Bernabeu - 7 votes
  3. Stadio Guizeppe Meazza (San Siro), Juventus Stadium - 6 votes
  4. Estadio Municipal de Braga, Estadio de Luz - 5 votes
  5. Westfalenstadion, Wembley Stadium, Old Trafford, Emirates Stadium, Camp Nou - 4 votes
  6. Stade de France, Signal Iduna Park, Estadio do Dragao, Donbass Arena, Celtic Park - 3 votes
  7. Veltins Arena, Tele2 Arena, Stadium Wroclaw, Red Star Stadium - 2 votes

All other stadiums got only a vote.
__________________
Recognizing power in another does not diminish your own.

thecap73 liked this post
Xtreminal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us