NETHERLANDS - Stadium and Arena Development News - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 6th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #21
New York Yankee

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soufian
@ Stadiumfuture

The gelredome has an ugly facade imo. And the tribunes are not looking good too imo.
And the Kuip doesn't have a nice facade too imo. Most dutch stadia don't have facades or are just ugly. Like the Philips stadium, it looks like it's a mix of three stadiums.

And to compare the netherlands with Morocco is also wrong, especially if you know that the Netherlands is a much richer country, so it would have enough money to spend on stadia. Another point is that Morocco not my country is. I was born in the netherlands and I live in the netherlands. I'm dutch. En nog veel meer etc. etc.
But if you really want to some Moroccan stadia, her you go:

Moulay Abdellah stadium, Rabat. 52.000 seats

Mohammed V stadium, Casablanca. 67.000 seats

I don't like these stadiums either but at least they are large
And here are some aproved and already u/c Morocan stadia:

Stade de Meknes, 45.000. Construction just started

Stade de El Jadida, 45.000. Completed 2009

Stade d'Agadir, 45.000. Construction started in 2003, ready in 2007

Here comes the real work:
La Grande Stade de Casablanca, 95.000. Construction started in July 2004
The Grand Stade de Casablanca will serve as Morocco’s national stadium. Upon its completion in march of 2009, the Grand Stade will be the most modern and luxurious stadium in Africa.

Stade de Tangiers, 69.000. Construction started in 2003

Stade de Marakech, 70.000. Constructon started in 2003

I don't think The Netherlands will beat these stadia in the next 20 years . So stadiumfuture, please keep your narrow minded thoughts in your head.
all those stadiums are ******* ugly, this tread is over stadiums in the netrherlands, not about those stadiums.
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #22
Balleke
Eindhoven de gextuh

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito
Although I agree on that one, this is not the reason for UEFA to choose Rotterdam as venue for the final. In Rotterdam, they like to tell so, but it is not true.

UEFA was very interested in modern stadia like the Arena and Gelredome (and still is) , and it was commonly expected that the final would come to Amsterdam, but Rotterdam simply offered a higher bid than Amsterdam. An offer they could not refuse...

uhm maybe also because de kuip = FOOTBALL and the kuip has a bigger capacity?
Balleke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:36 PM   #23
Raddie

Likes (Received): 0

The UEFA doesn't give a crap about that. And the arena has a larger capacity. Especially with the amount of empty sections at de Kuip at big matches.
Raddie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2005, 01:15 PM   #24
magicks

I like the Stadiums in Rotterdam and Eindhoven.
The Guestcage in Philips Stadion canīt accepted,itīs horrible.
I was there when Borussia Dortmund played.
PSV-Dortmund 1-3
magicks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #25
empersouf

Likes (Received): 22

@ New York Yankee: Someone asked me to post some Moroccan stadia.
empersouf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #26
Mojito
kejje nagaan!

Likes (Received): 3734

The only thing UEFA cares for is money. Therefore it was expected that the EURO 2000 final was played in Amsterdam.

After all, modern stadia like the Arena or Gelredome are better money-generating-machines than old stadia like De Kuip. The commercial and media facilities are better and the same can be said about the catering.

But the city of Rotterdam wanted to pay much more (up to three times, I heard) than Amsterdam for that final. That made changing their preference a lot easier for UEFA.
Mojito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #27
Ozcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadiumfuture
Soufian, dutch stadia are small, but the architecture is verry high. Post me better stadia pix out your country (Marroc).
He didn't say that there are better stadiums in Morocco, don't you speak English? Yes in many countries the stadiums are better then the Dutch ones, so what?

Grow up..
Ozcan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2005, 11:56 PM   #28
antigr12

Likes (Received): 2

i've heard about a possible new stadium for feyenoord in the future ( 75000 seats ) , what's about it , any infos ?
antigr12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #29
Raddie

Nothing concrete yet, but in 2020 there should be a new stadium as de Kuip will have grown to be too old by that time. It might get build a bit earlier if the Netherlands succeed to have the 2018 World Cup played in NL.

Latest news is that the most likely location is Varkenoord, just across the road from de Kuip.
Raddie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:08 AM   #30
me,myself and I

the kerkrade one is really nice (it's the only one ia saw )

the 4 lamp posts are Tall (compared to the rest )

+ it's in the middle of nowhere (except run down projects that look bad )
me,myself and I no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #31
Winbuks
I am sterdam

Likes (Received): 656

Amsterdam ArenA. A big stadium/arena for concerts, soccer, american football and other 'little' indoor events.

Mijlpalen: Noord/Zuidlijn 2017 | 2e Coentunnel 2013 | Oosterdokseiland 2020 | IJDock 2013 | JuBi Den Haag 2012 | New Babylon 2012 | Kempkensberg Groningen 2013 | Rabobank Utrecht 2011 | New Orleans 2010 | De Rotterdam 2013 | Markthal 2014 | Erasmus MC 2017 | Utrecht Centraal 2014 | Rotterdam Centraal 2013 | OV-Terminal Arnhem 2012 | Den Haag Centraal 2013 | OV-Terminal Breda 2014 | Station Delft 2016 | Stationseiland Amsterdam Centraal 2017 | Gershwin 2020 | ZuidasDok 2030

HHF Award 2019 | Winter is Coming!
Winbuks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:09 AM   #32
Iain1974

Marrakesh

Stade de Marakech, 70.000. Constructon started in 2003

One of my favourite designs.
Iain1974 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #33
carfentanyl
efil4oremirp

Likes (Received): 3

@ Soufian

Ofcourse Dutch stadiums are small in general when you think of 'm in the line of Bernabeu, San Siro, Camp Nou, Wembley, Stade de France. But do you really think that if Spain, France or Italy had the same amount of people as the Netherlands has, their stadiums would be a lot bigger? No way!

I think they would even be smaller, considering the Netherlands has one of the highest spectator rates in Europe. SC Heerenveen is thinking of expanding to 28000. The city of Heerenveen itsself has only 41000 people.

And saying the Kuip has an ugly facade? That proves to me that you don't know shit about football or football in relation to history.
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #34
Principes

A bit static but otherwise nice.
Principes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #35
magicks

carfentanyl, you can say Westfalenstadion with this big stadiums too.
The spectator average is attached over 75,000 and sometimes 83.000 come and it sells of. Thatīs europes best average,and with the stadiums n berlin,munich itīs maybe the 2nd best after england in germany.
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #36
carfentanyl
efil4oremirp

@magicks

Ehhh... What are you talking about? I don't understand what your point is. Or are you just 'upset' that I didn't mention Westfalen Stadium in my list of big ones?
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #37
magicks

yes you should mention it because it has the biggest average in europe,there are always over 75.000.
Old May 18th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #38
carfentanyl
efil4oremirp

We were talking about beautiful stadiums too, that's why I didn't mention it. Who thinks of Westfalen when you talk about Europe's top stadiums? It's an average stadium, only the capacity isn't. And I even doubt it has the biggest average of Europe...
Old May 18th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #39
New York Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soufian
@ New York Yankee: Someone asked me to post some Moroccan stadia.
why you didn't made a new tread about 'moroccan stadia's'
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 07:55 PM   #40
carfentanyl
efil4oremirp

^ Come on, it's obvious he would post them here, cause that's where the discussion is.
Advertisement

Tags
amsterdam, amsterdam arena, breda, kuip, rotterdam, stadium, stipson, twente