Tour De Coeur d' Alene - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC
» Development News | Albuquerque | Las Vegas | Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #1
InlandEmpire
Mixologist

Likes (Received): 131

Tour De Coeur d' Alene

Hello IWS forumers- I posted a *small* photo tour of my hometown of Coeur d' Alene, Idaho on the NW forum, but since Idaho is kind of an in-between state, I thought I might post it here too so here goes:

Here is a little photo tour of the eastern edge of the Spokane metro (approx. 570K pop), my beautiful hometown of Coeur d' Alene. The self-professed "playground of the Pacific Northwest" is growing at an enormous rate.

View of downtown and city beach from North Idaho College

Here is our newest high rise, McEuen Terrace. It will soon have an 18 floor neighbor, the Parkside Tower. I am waiting to hear from architects Miller Stauffer on a rendering of that building.

The world famous Coeur d' Alene Resort on the lake.... owner Duane Hagadone is talking about turning the grounds in front of the resort into a $20 million botanical garden.

Here's a fairly uninspiring high rise with the resort and lake in the background... boring but tall so I had to include it.

World's longest floating boardwalk as viewed from Independence Point

Ok, so now I'll show you some proposed/approved buildings that we will be seeing in the near future.

Planned lofts on Sherman (main street), very close to McEuen Terrace.

This building, to be put in CDA's Riverstone development, will be the city's tallest. It will surpass the resort, and be in direct competition with Spokane's tallest

This is the RiverView Tower (only 5 floors so not a tower IMO), but fairly nice looking, and will be in Riverstone as well.

This is a rendering of the new CDA Library, to be built right next to McEuen Terrace and will have lake views.

This is the entrance to Riverstone

Current construction in Riverstone- this is a 14 screen Regal Cinema complex with 100,000 sf of retail space attached.

Ok.. said I would post some more pics- here's a few more I took while I was wandering around downtown.

On the boardwalk...

Brix Cafe- super cool place, VERY good drinks.

City Beach from the boardwalk

Some cool old houses on the waterfront

Old Fort Sherman entrance- CDA before it was CDA

Cafe Doma

The Painter's Chair gallery and downtown shops

Just thought this looked cool:

And the last stop on my walk.... Hawaiian Shaved Ice! YUM. I'll add more pics later, but this is as many as my limited attention span will let me post. ENJOY the great weather!

If you're interested, check out www.riverstone.com and www.postfallslanding.com to see some exciting developments here in little ol' Idaho. Thanks for checking out my short tour!

Oh yeah- I just found these recently so I'll add them to the end- this is that Parkside Tower I mentioned earlier:

InlandEmpire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #2
dewback

Likes (Received): 2

Looks like a really nice place, some of those new projects (including the five story one) look excellent on the renders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement