[trip relation] Droga Japonia / Dear Japan - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Japan Forum 日本フォーラム > Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真

Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真 Pictures & Video of Japan / 都市の景観・自然 写真とビデオ

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 8th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #1
kaspric
and we flew away

Likes (Received): 3761

[trip relation] Droga Japonia / Dear Japan

This thread is a gift for your japanese sweet interloper. Ok NihonKitty, here it is!

First of all sorry for my not so good gramar english. I don't wanna waste time on thinking which tense shoud I use or something. I think you, Japanese people, are the best in using "not so good, just comunicative english", so it won't be a problem ;-).

As many of you knows, about 8-22 August I was travelling around Japan. It was not anly a trip, it was a consequence of dreams. I'm back with 10Gb of pics.
I'm interested not only in architecture, but in human and urban life too, so I will post some pics of people, city life, and I will try to comment it as european man, that you will see different view od Japan.

I traveled to:
- Tokyo / Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ueno, Ginza, Monzen Nakacho, Kiba, Asakusa // Roppongi Hills (!), Metropolitan Gov. observatory, Ueno ZOO, Hibiya Park, Imperial Palace areas, Hamarikyu and more
- Yokohama / Minato Mirai, Chinatown and more// Landmark (!)
- Kamakura
- Karuizawa and its area - Komoro, Miyota, mountains
- Himeji
- Kobe i Sannomiya
- Osaka / city centre, castle, Namba
- Kyoto / some temples, Fushimi Inari Torii
- Okayama / castle, japanese garden
- Onomichi / hills
- Hachinohe

I think I was in many places where european people generally don't go. It's because I was going as couchsurfer - do you know something about that? I will introduce you to it. The most important for me was not visiting places, but meeting real japanese people

Sets will be as 3 pics, because I don't have good bandwidth on my photobucket server and don't wanna go pro ;-). Please comment to make old photos go down! And this thread will be definitely long for some months.

The title of this thread is the translation of the movie Dear Japan, which was my inspiration to visit Japan. Droga Japonia - read [ ドロガヤポニャ ] - Dear Japan.

So you are welcome, for the demo view from Mori Tower:

kaspric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #2
ukiyo
nada

Likes (Received): 18425

Yay!!!

Your other thread had so many explanation of your opinion, I am interested

Thanks

P.S. that girl in picture is cute
ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #3
kaspric
and we flew away

So let the story begin.

1. Flying by Autrian Airlines. It's the best connection from Poland nowadays, with only 1 hour transfer in Vienna (all travel is about 14-15h). Next year it will be probably easier to go between our countries, 'cause LOT Polish Airlines is supposed to open direct connection Warsaw Chopin Airport - Tokyo Narita with its new Boeing Dreamliners. So come to Poland!

By the way, it's cheaper to go to Japan (for polish people) than the other way. I paid for 2 side ticket about 900$, I think You don't have so cheap tickets to Europe.

2. Mount Fuji, saw from the airplane! Everyone was suprised to see it. I asked 2 japanese women sitting in my row and they wasn't sure, so they asked japanese stewardess (the only one pretty and nice in the plane, austrian stewardesses suck ;-)) and she told "yes, it is!"... but she looked a little suprised too.

By the way these two women were delighted of me using chopsticks

3. And here is my plane, B777, in Narita.

Last edited by kaspric; October 8th, 2011 at 09:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #4
kaspric
and we flew away

4. The view from Skyliner. As you know I can choose N'EX or Keisei Skyliner. My Japan Rail Pass started the next day, so I toook Skyliner. For foreign tourists it's very good deal, 'cause it's faster and cheaper,
I bought ticket for Skyliner in special offer with 2-day metro pass for only 2600Y.

5. First time on the japanese air. It was disastrer! So hot, humid. After that shot I hidden in Ueno and went to Ginza line platforms, to land in Shibuya. A long way!

I think it was one of the worst days in my life. In Tokyo I was at 11AM (in polish time 4AM), after 21 hours on my feet, 13 hours of flight. Unfortunetely a person I was stopping in was ending his work at 7PM, so I had to do something in that 35 degrees hot air. It was so bad! And I didn't know there is possibility in some hotels to take something like "after dinner nap".

6. Shibuya - first contact with this intersection. For me this place is one of symbols of Tokyo.
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #5
kaspric
and we flew away

8. Shibuya, so many people - it's amazing if it's the first place which you see in Tokyo.

9. I was walking around Shibuya, taking shots of architecture.
Old October 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #6
kaspric
and we flew away

the end for a while. The next will be urbanity, infrastructure, a bench in a park, Hibiya park and Imperial Palace.

btw NihonKitty - this cute girl is korean, hah ;-)

Last edited by kaspric; October 8th, 2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #7
la.risa.el.olvido
Moderador SSC México

Likes (Received): 6761

Nice thread!
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #8
ukiyo
nada

I like those shots of Shibuya, seems like alot more trees than I remember.
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #9
EI-DCL

Likes (Received): 15

Very nice pics!!! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to see more! I'm missing Japan so bad
EI-DCL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #10
kaspric
and we flew away

they won't be so good, as yours. I had only a little Fuji f550exr and I was learning it on that trip. Some shots are not so good, but I don't like wasting time on post processing.

There will be maybe too many pics, but it's easier for me to post every pic from polish thread. So some photos will be not good, but I posted them in polish subforum just for my coment - and I will try to answer here what was interesting for me on that.
@NihonKitty, more trees ;-)

14. Still in Shibuya. Above-ground pass near the rail line (on the map near Saikyo line description).

Old October 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #11
kaspric
and we flew away

17. Saikyo and Yamanote lines. What I liked in Japan from the beginning was uncompromising using a space for infrastructure and the fact how good it looks in urbanity. Japanese people have so pragmatic and economic way of investing, I love that. The most important is function, In Europe they spend a lot of money on, f.e., hiding railroads under the ground. You have many railroads above the ground and it works and looks cool.

Old October 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #12
kaspric
and we flew away

20. Park along the railroad. All space is well maintained, but I see also a little chaos in pavement after reparations ;-)

21. Dolls . Yeah, it's not good shot, I wanted to show polish forumers japanese dolls on streets ;-). Japanese people generally look very normal, I like their style, of course there are differences beetwen people in Tokyo, Osaka, litlle towns, but there are also some girls looking like mannequins or boys like taken from anime movies.

22. Monzen-Nakacho. It was a place of my host's home. I don't know, why I got there - I was so tired and I wasn't thinking clearly. The district is full of canals.

And that time my organism said "no more walking!". I found a bench and slept in a shadow hah (better 35 degrees in shadow near water, than in the sun beetwen high buildings).
I still had 3 hours to our meeting, so after a litlle nap I went to a subway and traveled to the "green point on the map", Hibiya park and Imperial Palace in Chiyoda, but it's the story for the next post.
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #13
helorider14
Fight & Build

Likes (Received): 1

looking forward to your album, kaspric! it makes me go back to japan. hope to visit their next year to climb the sky tree!
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #14
ukiyo
nada

I like dolls
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #15
Jeremyy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Nice pictures so far , I'll be sure to check this thread as you post more.
Jeremyy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #16
kaspric
and we flew away

thanks. Since there are many foreigners I will write some tips "how to get alive in Japan". But please don't ask me for better english ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helorider14 View Post
looking forward to your album, kaspric! it makes me go back to japan. hope to visit their next year to climb the sky tree!
Oh yeah, this is good point! I'm going to come back there in one or two years, but this time I wanted to visit Hokkaido and generally much more north, but climbing the Sky Tree is good reason to come back Tokyo.

Sorry for a litlle defect in the next posts - till the night I didn't have anything to clean the lens.

15. Here we are, Hibiya station. Keep your attention (in every my picture) on ways for blind people. It's amazing, it's everywhere - in shopping malls, parks, on the streets, even in little town. It's not common here, in Europe.

16. And the other side, Hibiya park

17. It's about 3PM. Many people, reading books, dating or smth.
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #17
kaspric
and we flew away

20. Yes, this is still center of a huge metropoly.
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #18
kaspric
and we flew away

21. Making perspective greater...

22. ... and greater. Amazing place - here you've got big city mixed with wilderness.

23. Arbor in the park.
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #19
ukiyo
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspric View Post

Those are NihonKittys lol
Old October 10th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #20
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1237

Nice photos man .
I'm interested to know how much you had spent during your 15 days stay in Japan? Including accommodation, transport, food, and entrance fees??
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: