Beorma Quarter | Phase 2 | Mixed-Use | 30fl | 113m | Appr. - Page 67 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2018, 08:48 AM   #1321
Hasaandoo

Likes (Received): 2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfield View Post
Maybe if you had finished that comment after the first sentence you wouldn't (deliberately?) annoy so many people on here.

Donít mind him he jealous
Hasaandoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2018, 08:49 AM   #1322
Hasaandoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrogogo View Post
Movement on site with contractors dismantling the steel framed advertising board.

Beorma Quarter
by metrogogo, on Flickr

Beorma Quarter
by metrogogo, on Flickr

Beorma Quarter
by metrogogo, on Flickr

Great to there taking it down, I was wondering why it was still up. However would love to see move movement on site, so it can bring confidence to the site once again
Old November 16th, 2018, 09:09 AM   #1323
Ppmb80
PSS1980

Likes (Received): 586

I wonder why they are taking it down ? I doubt anything will happen regarding this tower for a long time do might as well leave it up !!
Ppmb80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2018, 11:10 AM   #1324
Hasaandoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppmb80 View Post
I wonder why they are taking it down ? I doubt anything will happen regarding this tower for a long time do might as well leave it up !!

Have some faith they must be taking it down for a reason
Old November 16th, 2018, 11:48 AM   #1325
Fidget808

Likes (Received): 1065

Don't excited. Nothing is going to happen on this site any time soon. If at all.

SMUK86, Mosleyan liked this post
Fidget808 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:03 PM   #1326
Mosleyan

Likes (Received): 4927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget808 View Post
Don't excited. Nothing is going to happen on this site any time soon. If at all.
I though so but hearing it from you makes me both satisfied and depressed
Mosleyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:11 PM   #1327
Force_alfa

Likes (Received): 627

Quote:
3 years must be up by now for planning persimmon. They must be preparing it to sell on.

TBh i dont think a tower would be ideal here, as it would of kind of block selfridges
Force_alfa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:38 PM   #1328
Hasaandoo

Beorma Quarter | Phase 2 | 30 FL | 113m | Demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force_alfa View Post
3 years must be up by now for planning persimmon. They must be preparing it to sell on.

TBh i dont think a tower would be ideal here, as it would of kind of block selfridges

Tower looks fine here look amazing coming in from more street lol. Plus they put in drainage stuff app with bcc
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:40 PM   #1329
Fidget808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosleyan View Post
I though so but hearing it from you makes me both satisfied and depressed
Leaving someone both satisfied and depressed probably isn't something I should be striving for in life!

I'll happily eat my hat if this site gets built but I think my headwear is safe for the time being.

Mosleyan, rotundazag liked this post
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:45 PM   #1330
BhamJim

Likes (Received): 974

113m here, 3 years on, isn't all that impressive, especially with Smithfield over the road and Lunar Rise up the hill, and exchange Square round the corner, which will all probably look taller on the skyline than this would've.

I hope with such great a great location and close proximity to Curzon St and the Bullring that this plot gets used for a new exciting development, not necessarily as tall but more sympathetic of it's surroundings and generally more exciting than Beorma.
BhamJim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:48 PM   #1331
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 16207

I don't know guys, I still think we might see this rise.

I mean I know I always go on about it, but lets take 103 Colmore Row for example, if it wasn't for Fidget giving us dates every now and again that scheme would have seemed dead to the public, the last publicized article was in Feb about BAM been contractors, work has only just started last this month! There's been more movement on Beorma that Colmore in that time, granted its not construction, it's still movement, we've also had very detailed apps for in for this too, remember there is still an occupied building on site too. I'm just saying don't give up hope yet, there's probably a 'Fidget' of this scheme hiding behind the woodwork that doesn't want to give us dates!

Mosleyan, Hasaandoo, Brum X liked this post
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:58 PM   #1332
SMUK86

Likes (Received): 1509

Great to see the return of this thread again

Berkeley need to pick this one up and actually make it happen.

RalphGuy, WarwickDan, Mosleyan, Hasaandoo liked this post
SMUK86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 01:48 PM   #1333
cyril sneer

Likes (Received): 1813

I've not given up on this one yet, purely because I don't understand the logic of them recently applying for discharge of planning conditions for detailed drainage works if they only intend to sell the site on. Makes no sense. The expiry of the planning consent is of concern though I have to admit.
cyril sneer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 01:59 PM   #1334
Ppmb80
PSS1980

Quote:
Leaving someone both satisfied and depressed probably isn't something I should be striving for in life!

I'll happily eat my hat if this site gets built but I think my headwear is safe for the time being.
Fidget you are very well respected on this forum and you were spot on about Colmore 103.

However do you actually know this site is not going to be built as in you have info or is it just your gut instinct ?

rotundazag liked this post
Old November 16th, 2018, 02:42 PM   #1335
Fidget808

Quote:
Fidget you are very well respected on this forum and you were spot on about Colmore 103.

However do you actually know this site is not going to be built as in you have info or is it just your gut instinct ?
I'm not involved on this one so I have no proper inside info. However, I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't proceed without at least 2 pre-lets on the office and I don't think they've even had a sniff.

It's just all wrong in my opinion. The backers are genuine however and have stacks of cash but I genuinely can't see how they can make the numbers stack as I've said before. BAM could get no where near their budget apparently. They are deep in cost wise though so my gut feel is that will cut their losses and sell eventually.
Old November 16th, 2018, 02:48 PM   #1336
Mosleyan

Likes (Received): 4927

Quote:
I'm not involved on this one so I have no proper inside info. However, I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't proceed without at least 2 pre-lets on the office and I don't think they've even had a sniff.

It's just all wrong in my opinion. The backers are genuine however and have stacks of cash but I genuinely can't see how they can make the numbers stack as I've said before. BAM could get no where near their budget apparently. They are deep in cost wise though so my gut feel is that will cut their losses and sell eventually.
If BAM couldn't get anywhere near their budget, how could anyone? Unless they hire O'Riley from Fawlty Towers

On the other hand it suggests they have at least remotely entertained the idea of actually building this!

RalphGuy liked this post
Mosleyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 03:01 PM   #1337
Ppmb80
PSS1980

Quote:

Interesting.

I've always thought a better use in this area would be a hotel with residential , is it possible they could come in with a revised app? Surely the current planning runs out soon ...

BhamJim liked this post
Old November 16th, 2018, 03:21 PM   #1338
Hasaandoo

Quote:
Interesting.

I've always thought a better use in this area would be a hotel with residential , is it possible they could come in with a revised app? Surely the current planning runs out soon ...

Hmmm I say if there any significant movement in the next 2-3 week then I would say they are passing the land to someone else
Old November 16th, 2018, 03:38 PM   #1339
daumal

Likes (Received): 667

I maintain that if this fell through it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd be very nervous given how phase 1 turned out - the city can do without another 30 storeys of something similar.
As revealed to St John the Divine.
daumal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 06:14 PM   #1340
Hasaandoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daumal View Post
I maintain that if this fell through it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd be very nervous given how phase 1 turned out - the city can do without another 30 storeys of something similar.

The only thing in this area there isnít no 100+m towers, so having would would encourage further talls in the area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement