[Metro system] Метро - General Discussions - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Regional Bulgaria > Sofia

Sofia Buildings | Сгради

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #61
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 37

Sometimes I wonder are some people here really that dumb it doesn't matter what's the thing in Dubai these days and it's not about fashion rails neither.
Sofia needs metro system which happens to be the most effective public transport system created by now, it reduces the traffic, it's fast ,it doesn't make any pollution can handle a huge number of passengers per year and it doesn't spoil the city looks like a freakin net of concrete and steel structures and bridges.. Actually that kind of structures are usually used just for suburban transport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #62
Cyberflow
Gaijin

Likes (Received): 252

If u want that ugly shit I don't. Too much concrete in this city anyway. Modern cities develop underground. That's because modern cities value the space more than anything else.
Cyberflow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #63
ВОДА
deep diver

Likes (Received): 12032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberflow View Post
If u want that ugly shit I don't. Too much concrete in this city anyway. Modern cities develop underground. That's because modern cities value the space more than anything else.
It`s not ugly to me.

It`s a monorail which is very modern, good and cheap transport solution.
ВОДА no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #64
svetoslav
For better Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 32

I personally do not mind this kind of monorail structures even in the city itself ( i have seen good examples and i can definitely say that it doesn't spoil the view ) but there are places ( like right in front of the military club ) where one should simply put the traffic under the ground since this is a historical place and should not be changed. Sofia's downtown is not the place for a monorail, but why not anywhere else?
svetoslav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #65
ВОДА
deep diver

Likes (Received): 12032

I like the Seattle and Toronto monorails.
ВОДА no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #66
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

You see I don't mind having both over and under ground trains, just like we have now, underground in the downtown area and over ground in the subs (Interpred/Mladost)...Metro is a necessity for Sofia and it has to be finished ASAP, no more delays, no more bs
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #67
radi6404

Likes (Received): 29

Was ASAP the money also for the Struma motorway? things are progressing very slowly.
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #68
supermolch
DeinLieblingsPhilipp

Likes (Received): 0

well, dubai only has this overground thing because it is way to complicated to dig deep into the underground (sand, etc). otherwise i guess they would have build an underground system as well
Old June 7th, 2008, 12:05 AM   #69
Cyberflow
Gaijin

Likes (Received): 252

People, understand, all this urbanization, infrastructures etc is overloading the sences. I find it hard to believe that you prefer such concrete abomenation to be visible when it can be deep underground. The perfect city is lowrise residentials, neat calm suburbs, underground transportation, modern city center, lots of green space and sports fascilities. Sofia is not New York, that is way overdeveloped and can't be saved. Sofia is developing now and our actions should bear a great responsibility. Cause if we do things right, in time our city will turn better that other megacities that already have all the upgrades that we are building now.
Cyberflow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #70
radi6404

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermolch View Post
well, dubai only has this overground thing because it is way to complicated to dig deep into the underground (sand, etc). otherwise i guess they would have build an underground system as well
It is better when the Ungerdround travels above ground on areas where it is possible, it looks better and is a more fun journey than only to travel underground. The German underground´s travel above ground in mroe rural areas for example, in town however they travel underground mostly, that´s how it should be in sofia.
Old June 7th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #71
Alexriga
BANNED

Likes (Received): 184

And what's lengths now? Any good maps of Sofia metro?
Alexriga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 02:34 AM   #72
nikoy88
Bulgarian

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexriga View Post
And what's lengths now? Any good maps of Sofia metro?
i did some personal work on this one,.., hope it won't bother u that much

about the map :

Red line - MD-1, 8 stations already in use, another 6 on the way... hopefully in 2009 they'll be fully functional. (however this is bulgaria so even 2010 will be good)

Blue line - MD-2, 2 stations already built and there's some stuff gettin done on a third one near Serdika in the downtown area ... if u ask me about any completion date ... i hardly believe there's someone who knows that (might be wrong though)

Green line - MD-3, it's ain't even sure if it will be built anytime soon, so basically it's still a project if u ask me ...

cheers m8
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #73
ianto

Likes (Received): 5

Are there any photos available of those two carcass station on blue line (NDK)? I didnt find anything...:-(
I am curious about that...
Any news? Progress? Concernig Sofia metro generally...
Thanx...:-)

BTW does metro operator organise the "open doors day" for public in the depot for example? Any link availabe with pics?

Last edited by ianto; June 16th, 2008 at 05:19 PM.
ianto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #74
JuMPer
Ой Ламьо - ПаPе нEма

Likes (Received): 293

They are opening the tender offers, today, for line 2

Следобед отварят 8-те оферти за изпълнение на част от втория метрорадиус в София

19 Юни 2008 | 14:11

Осем фирми подадоха оферти за изпълнител на строителството на участъци от втория метрорадиус в София. Днес те ще бъдат официално отворени в сградата на заявителя на обществената поръчка "Метрополитен" ЕАД , съобщиха от Столичната община.

Процедурата е за изпълнител на строежа на метроучастъка от столичния квартал "Надежда" до бул."Черни връх" и е повторна. Наложи се, след като при предишния търг стана ясно, че офертите на изпълнителите надхвърлят почти двойно възможностите за финансиране чрез еврофондове по програма "Транспорт".

Обявена е по решение на Съвета на директорите на "Метрополитен" ЕАД за разширение на метрото в София - участък "Пътен възел Надежда - Централна ж.п. гара - пл. "Света Неделя" - НДК - бул." Черни връх", вкл. конструкции на 3 метростанции, участъкови тунели 4,42 км, архитектурно-строителна и електромеханична част за целия участък с дължина 6,4 км и 7 метростанции.
JuMPer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #75
Fallen

Likes (Received): 1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
The digger comming from the Sofia University must be finally getting out any day now
I bet you can't wait for it, heh?
Say hello to him from me
Fallen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #76
Fallen

Likes (Received): 1634

It would be funny if the guy who would first pop his head out of the tunnel would have a romanian flag and he would ask:

-"Is this the connextion for the M5 lane in Bucharest?"
-"No"
-"Damn, i knew i must have taken a left turn when i reached University Square" ?

Fallen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:10 AM   #77
new bulgaria

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
It would be funny if the guy who would first pop his head out of the tunnel would have a romanian flag and he would ask:

-"Is this the connextion for the M5 lane in Bucharest?"
-"No"
-"Damn, i knew i must have taken a left turn when i reached University Square" ?

Old June 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #78
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 19762

Good one Fallen

„Метрополитен” ЕАД, с решение номер РД-12-083/16.06.2008г. на Изпълнителния директор, откри процедура за възлагане на обществена поръчка по ЗОП за избор на изпълнител за: „Проект за разширение на Метро София; Първи диаметър; Участък: ж.к. Младост І /МС13/ - бул. Цариградско шосе /МС19/ с подземен паркинг”. Срокът за подаване на оферти е до 12.00 часа на 21.08.2008г.

http://www.aop.bg/case.php?mode=show_doc&doc_id=162241

Явно участъка до летището ще се прави на части ...
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 06:14 AM   #79
just4ivaylo

Likes (Received): 87

The metro is being built by Asians? Wow, a lot has changed. I wonder how well it's built. Are they Chinese?
just4ivaylo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #80
JuMPer
Ой Ламьо - ПаPе нEма

Likes (Received): 293

Japanese
JuMPer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
метро, метрополитен, bulgaria, europe, metro, metropolitan, sofia, subway