NEWS + UPDATES - Page 74 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > KiwiScrapers > Local Forums > Wellington


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2019, 05:22 AM   #1461
KLK
Registered User
 
KLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,753
Likes (Received): 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by solom12 View Post
.... how will the new mayor's relationship with Jackson be gotten around considering it might start smelling a bit fishy?
Was the first thing that crossed my mind. However I think that given the city seems to be in a standstill on many projects, ratepayers might just be thankful that there is movement. Provided its on arms-lengths terms and its a win-win for them as well as Jackson.
KLK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 28th, 2019, 06:19 AM   #1462
greenwelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,877
Likes (Received): 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by solom12 View Post
And if so how will the new mayor's relationship with Jackson be gotten around considering it might start smelling a bit fishy?
The council is already criticised for having a very cozy relationship with Willis Bond, and Mayor Lester was conflicted over Shelly Bay and the Wellingtin company, so its not like its a new thing....
greenwelly está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:13 AM   #1463
Kiweh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 991
Likes (Received): 339

BNZ(?) Building is properly coming down now finally.
Kiweh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:58 AM   #1464
Nick.Yeah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington/Sydney
Posts: 203
Likes (Received): 61

Also noticing some work going on inside the library also. Does anyone know if they have starting strengthening? Things seem quiet on the Readings cinema front as well...a quick scour of their website did reveal much.
Nick.Yeah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2019, 11:57 AM   #1465
deepred
Registered User
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,178
Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.Yeah View Post
Also noticing some work going on inside the library also. Does anyone know if they have starting strengthening? Things seem quiet on the Readings cinema front as well...a quick scour of their website did reveal much.
Last news items on Readings were in May...

The equipment appears to have been moved to a pop-up site in Lower Hutt...
__________________
Quote:
David Seymour: “And they do not want their neighbourhoods intensified with eight story towers next to their homes…”
Julie Anne Genter: "So this is interesting, because this is supposedly the free market party arguing for regulation of higher prices where land values are high, where people want to live..."
Seymour: "What I'm arguing is that the people of Epsom have bought into certain property rights and the character of their community..."

Nick.Yeah liked this post

Last edited by deepred; November 28th, 2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Mangled link.
deepred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2019, 10:29 PM   #1466
greenwelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,877
Likes (Received): 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.Yeah View Post
Also noticing some work going on inside the library also. Does anyone know if they have starting strengthening? Things seem quiet on the Readings cinema front as well...a quick scour of their website did reveal much.
In their most recent declaration to stock holders on November 13 ,they said this..... pretty much a "nothing to announce, but we are still working on it"

Quote:
Courtenay Central Re-Development (Wellington, New Zealand) Located in the heart of Wellington - New Zealand’s capital city, this center is comprised of 161,071 square feet of land situated proximate to the Te Papa Tongarewa Museum (attracting over 1.5 million visitors annually), across the street from the site of Wellington’s newly announced convention center (estimated to open its doors in 2022) and at a major public transit hub. Damage from the 2016 earthquake necessitated demolition of our nine-story parking garage at the site. Further, unrelated seismic issues have caused us to close the existing cinema and significant portions of the retail structure while we re-evaluate the property for redevelopment as an entertainment themed urban center with a major food, beverage and grocery component.

During the quarter, we continued to work through the re-development details of the Courtenay Central building, which we anticipate will feature a variety of uses to complement and build upon the “destination quality” of this location
https://investor.readingrdi.com/pres...-international
__________________

Nick.Yeah liked this post
greenwelly está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2019, 01:15 AM   #1467
Kiweh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 991
Likes (Received): 339

We need a Hoyts Xtreme like Christchurch has....With a Countdown and a few food places attached.
Kiweh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2019, 01:19 AM   #1468
greenwelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,877
Likes (Received): 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiweh View Post
We need a Hoyts Xtreme like Christchurch has....With a Countdown and a few food places attached.
The original development plan did include a countdown on the back car park,

But with opportunity to rebuild the Tory Street car park building , and the development of the Convention centre, I get the feeling that there is a desire to also include some form of accommodation, whether that's a mix of Hotel and apartments or just hotel I don't know,

But its a huge site, with lots of potential
greenwelly está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2019, 03:26 PM   #1469
deepred
Registered User
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,178
Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwelly View Post
The original development plan did include a countdown on the back car park,

But with opportunity to rebuild the Tory Street car park building , and the development of the Convention centre, I get the feeling that there is a desire to also include some form of accommodation, whether that's a mix of Hotel and apartments or just hotel I don't know,

But its a huge site, with lots of potential
My personal guess is that Readings is still trying to garner shareholder approval.
__________________
Quote:
David Seymour: “And they do not want their neighbourhoods intensified with eight story towers next to their homes…”
Julie Anne Genter: "So this is interesting, because this is supposedly the free market party arguing for regulation of higher prices where land values are high, where people want to live..."
Seymour: "What I'm arguing is that the people of Epsom have bought into certain property rights and the character of their community..."
deepred no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2019, 02:53 AM   #1470
solom12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wellington
Posts: 578
Likes (Received): 628

An article about some of the properties Ian Cassels has bought this year and what he plans to do with them:https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...-property-fund

I'm glad he's bought Massey House as this is a fantastic and important building that needs some attention.
__________________

nzman, cle liked this post
solom12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2019, 02:28 AM   #1471
greenwelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,877
Likes (Received): 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by solom12 View Post
An article about some of the properties Ian Cassels has bought this year and what he plans to do with them:https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...-property-fund

I'm glad he's bought Massey House as this is a fantastic and important building that needs some attention.
Well, when you get a ~$200 million for Spark Central, and you are in the town were the number of public servants rose 16% in the last 2 years, buying office space is probably a good bet....
greenwelly está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2019, 05:10 AM   #1472
Robnobbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,502
Likes (Received): 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwelly View Post
Well, when you get a ~$200 million for Spark Central, and you are in the town were the number of public servants rose 16% in the last 2 years, buying office space is probably a good bet....
Also very good demand for house rentals as well.
Robnobbob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 08:29 PM   #1473
j.brw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington
Posts: 165
Likes (Received): 72

It's now official. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...ngton#comments

__________________

solom12, cle liked this post
j.brw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 11:37 PM   #1474
mathlete
Kiwi in London
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Posts: 602
Likes (Received): 52

Lets hope they've done some wind testing on that design!
mathlete no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2019, 03:31 PM   #1475
HavanaClub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,408
Likes (Received): 1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by solom12 View Post
So the consent for the proposed new building at One Whitmore Street has been submitted.

The proposal is for a 14-storey, base isolated office building on the site of the Z Petrol Station. It's designed by Jasmax.

Leasing is ongoing and who knows how much interest they've had but given the current shortage of office space in Wellington hopefully it'll get built.

Here's some renders:



It's on!
HavanaClub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2019, 08:14 AM   #1476
Kiweh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 991
Likes (Received): 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Lets hope they've done some wind testing on that design!
I did read that the design will be worsen the wind very slightly, however the verandah will help prevent the wind gusts being forced downwards onto the pedestrians.
Kiweh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 02:14 AM   #1477
Gazman1955
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 27

Drove past Bowen Hospital yesterday, there a 2 cranes erected working on site, any renders out there what they are building??
Gazman1955 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 02:56 AM   #1478
greenwelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,877
Likes (Received): 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazman1955 View Post
Drove past Bowen Hospital yesterday, there a 2 cranes erected working on site, any renders out there what they are building??
its not Bowen, its the old Brethren Church site next door,

Looks like its a BUPA retirement complex

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...-say-residents

__________________

Gazman1955 liked this post
greenwelly está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 09:12 AM   #1479
Gazman1955
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwelly View Post
its not Bowen, its the old Brethren Church site next door,

Looks like its a BUPA retirement complex

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...-say-residents

Thanks for clearing that up.
Gazman1955 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2019, 07:59 AM   #1480
Robnobbob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,502
Likes (Received): 417

Bowen Hospital was built by West Coast Construction which was later brought out by Mainline Australia which later became Mainzeal.
Robnobbob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS Thread flyin_higher Auckland 8343 Today 09:54 PM
Urban life in İzmir Allan Turkish Cities and Skylines 389 July 21st, 2017 08:00 PM
Urban Life in Istanbul SeViNiYo International 108 September 27th, 2016 07:09 PM
Urban life in İstanbul Allan Turkish Cities and Skylines 901 January 18th, 2016 09:16 PM


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us