BOX HILL > all projects + discussion - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Victoria

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2005, 08:31 AM   #1
BroadGauge

Likes (Received): 4

Box Hill

Does anyone else remember that ages ago they were going to build a cinema complex at Whitehorse Plaza in Box Hill, yet the redevelopment came and went, no cinema complex to be seen. What happen to that proposal?

Are there any current proposals to redevelop the other complex (Box Hill Central), the one with the railway station underneth it? Its feels old and dated inside... and noone other than the locals (No, not the asian druggies) goes there because there are no major stores that you couldn't find elsewhere (Safeway... they have one of those everywhere. Same with Target & The Reject Shop). In my opinion there is nothing really to draw anyone there (As well as that there is no carparking! Yes i know it is well served by PT, but many prefer to come by cars) at the moment. Only thing to stop any redevelopment is that it is only 1 level of retail space (But if you look closely enough, the bus interchange doesn't span the entire roof of the centre, theres also a V/line parcels office and some other stuff you could convert into retail space up there).
BroadGauge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #2
Blabbyboy
Melbourne Zealot

Likes (Received): 4

The Whitehorse Plaza has been redeveloped by Centro and the cinema proposal (and hotel tower, if I recall correctly) was rejected. No proposals to redevelop at the moment as far as I know. Yes, I know it's dated and run-down, but the place is always bustling. It's like a second Chinatown, with lots of Asian eateries and a wet market, and people from all over go to Box Hill to EAT.
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #3
Duff
The one and only

Likes (Received): 1

well theres a maccas and sports store in that complex! And their is parking under target :p
But i agree, it needs a clean up
Duff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Robbb01

Likes (Received): 0

BOX HILL-

Hey all!
I was just wondering if anyone had any information on any projects coming up in the Box Hill area, or what is happening to the rejected 38 level tower site?
Ive heard there is an application for a 10 level development north of whitehorse road/south of the gardens but I can't find any info on it?

Anyone know anything?
Thanks guys
Robbb01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 453

No need for a new thread on this. Add it to the Greater Melbourne thread.
Melb_aviator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 12:59 AM   #6
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

BOX HILL > all projects + discussion

Continuing to deliver enviable lifestyle developments in key Melbourne locations, Little Projects is set to make its mark on Box Hill with the launch of Belle Box Hill. Located on Station Street near the corner of Whitehorse Road, the contemporary project will comprise 100 well-appointed one and two bedroom apartments designed by Plus Architecture. Situated 14 kilometres from the CBD, the project will deliver a unique convergence of work, leisure and transport opportunities to residents. Little Projects Managing Director, Michael Fox said Belle Box Hill will provide residents with excellent access to parks, retail, employment and education amenities whilst providing a relaxing home environment. “Reflecting the urban character of Box Hill, Belle Box Hill will provide a beautiful home for residents and we are excited to deliver a new standard of contemporary living to the area,” Mr Fox said.

The Exterior

Designed by renowned Melbourne based architecture practice, Plus Architecture the nine storey building features weave like detail on the façade to create movement and interest, with a clearly defined tower form set back above a podium to integrate with the existing streetscape and provide an intimate feeling at ground level. When designing the project, Plus Architecture took cues from the areas strong multicultural history, a weave treatment was incorporated throughout the building’s design translating into a series of articulated angled walls that appear to weave in and out of each other.

An impressive entry lobby will create intrigue on street level featuring expansive double height ceilings and curved undulating walls backlit against a woven block exterior, providing a luminous and striking area that explores texture, space and light. The ground floor will also include resident facilities to engage with their neighbours including a dining area with a full kitchen, lounge and library, private cinema room and a landscaped outdoor entertaining space with barbeque facilities. “Creating inviting communal spaces as an extension of residences will ensure Belle Box Hill residents can engage with each other and entertain friends and family with ease,” says Fox.

The Interior

Focusing on craftsmanship the well-appointed, light-filled apartments combine beautiful textures with considered liveable design to create chic and contemporary living spaces. A light or dark colour scheme is available for apartment interiors, utilising a high quality selection of materials such as plush pile wool carpets and the option of engineered timber floorboards. The kitchen will feature mirrored splash backs, stone benches, porcelain floor tiles as well as Bosch appliances, while the bathroom will be complete with large porcelain tiles and the option to include natural stone hones feature tiles and an elegant wall-hung basin.

Transport connections are abundant with the Box Hill Train Station only a five minute walk away, tram stops to the CBD and Port Philip Bay only a short walk and a bus station nearby with direct connection to Deakin University. Prices of the one bedroom apartments start from $322,000 and two bedroom apartments start at $475,000, ranging in size from 43.4 square metres to 76.2 square metres. Construction is scheduled to commence in the coming months and earmarked for completion in early 2016.
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:45 AM   #7
PaPa Riddlz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4309

Now selling: http://www.belleboxhill.com.au/

PaPa Riddlz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2014, 12:45 AM   #8
PaPa Riddlz
BANNED

Better in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa Riddlz View Post
New tower for Box Hill- "Whitehorse Tower"

@850 Whitehorse Road

Asia Pacific Group

http://www.smh.com.au/business/deagu...#ixzz3G9LNr4VD
Old November 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM   #9
Melb_aviator

New design?

If this is the design they are going with, it's a much better outcome than the version that appeared to be going there.
Old November 24th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #10
PaPa Riddlz
BANNED

I think so, at least, this is the render appearing with the sales listings and the height, location, and design all match-up.

Last edited by PaPa Riddlz; December 1st, 2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:17 AM   #11
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Sovereign Square, is an elegant mixed-use building compromising of 419 apartments at 545 Station Street, Box Hill. The building will stand 34 storeys tall, as a pioneering landmark building, with 360 views from Dandenong Hills to Melbourne City to Port Philip Bay. Sovereign Square will bring considerable residential regeneration and will further invigorate the City of Whitehorse retail and commercial districts. The complex will compromise of 2,677 square metres of commercial restaurant space, 715 square metres of ground food premises and 2,263 square metres of premium service office spaces. AXF Property’s Sovereign Square, will blend the very best influences of modern Asia with the Australian way of living, designed by Buchan Interior Designer Anita Bell ... MORE
Old November 29th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #12
PaPa Riddlz
BANNED

850 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill

A few more renders:

Papps, Aussie Steve liked this post

Last edited by PaPa Riddlz; November 30th, 2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old November 29th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #13
PaPa Riddlz
BANNED

I count about 35 floors on this, therefore more than likely over 100m, so may be worth its own thread sometime in the future.
Old November 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #14
Papps

Likes (Received): 1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa Riddlz View Post
I count about 35 floors on this, therefore more than likely over 100m, so may be worth its own thread sometime in the future.
Judging by all your great research efforts here PapaRiddlz, it would seem that if managed properly, Box Hill could be very quickly transformed into a Melbourne equivalent of say, Bondi Junction, but on steroids! Maybe more so like Chatswood or Parramatta. There is no real reason why we can't emulate such Sydney satellite cities, but I think that Melbourne has always had difficulty establishing which major centres are deserving of major improvement. We see Dandenong and to a lesser degree Frankston struggling for major investment, but Box Hill simply striving. Great to see.

Last edited by Papps; November 30th, 2014 at 05:19 AM.
Papps está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #15
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3681

Box Hill, Frankston, Dandenong, Footscray, Ringwood among others could all bring density and business hubs to Melbourne suburbs...offices and apartments could help the city cope with growth in population without extending the suburban sprawl...

Aussie Steve liked this post
redbaron_012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #16
Melb_aviator

Bring it on. Looks great.

More hubs in the suburbs would be beneficial, with Box Hill leading the way so far in gaining significant investor and developer interest.
Old November 30th, 2014, 01:52 AM   #17
CP Doom

Likes (Received): 44

Box hill is now easy to spot from the top floor of doncaster sc, what with that new tower on Whitehorse road. Can even spot it from my side of burke rd. Finally, planning done right

PaPa Riddlz liked this post
CP Doom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2014, 05:17 AM   #18
PaPa Riddlz
BANNED

This and sovereign square will make quite an impression. Both 100m+ sitting on a hill

The views from those apartments will be superb
Old December 1st, 2014, 12:28 AM   #19
Grollo
Developer

Likes (Received): 1947

This proposal is for a different site across Nelson Road:

PaPa Riddlz liked this post
Grollo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 05:47 AM   #20
falchoon

Likes (Received): 13