Foro svizzero in Italiano? - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Switzerland > Ticino

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #21
Basel_CH

Likes (Received): 40

I ask me also why swiss topics are located in the italian forum, maybe thats the same issue.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=702762
Basel_CH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #22
railcity

Likes (Received): 61

@Mein Name ist Hase - you didn't understand what I wrote. Read once more what I wrote on the language forae at SSC. One section for every language doesn't make sense.

Exactly because I don't want them to be scattered it's better to have an own forum like all the other countries have as well. Why Switzerland and Austria as nearly the only European countries should have none?

And no, the "German-speaking" part would not remain here either way. We would just also use German or French language also in the Swiss forum when appropriate, just like in the Canadian or Belgian forum they write also French or Dutch. Discussions on Belgium in French language are in the Belgian forum, not "either way" in the Francophone forum.

I don't want to discuss Swiss projects only with the small number of people in this forum who by chance understand German and who by chance find the hidden Swiss forum somewhere.

No difference between Germany, Austria and Switzerland? You're funny. Since when is Germany part of the French-speaking world like Switzerland to start with...?
railcity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #23
railcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basel_CH View Post
I ask me also why swiss topics are located in the italian forum, maybe thats the same issue.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=702762
That's the point. Tony Resta opened the same thread in three different locations and nowhere a real discussion. It would be better to have ONE place to put it - in a visible Switzerland forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #24
sämelihülz
Kansas of Elsass

Likes (Received): 16

It's sure we have to find a proper solution!!!

I don't think a swiss forum (laut leo.org nicht forae) in english is a good solution, because 95 % of the users are swiss German. Basically we have a big problem:

Either we create a english speaking subforum for projects for the Italian and French speaking users, so everyone can talk with each other like in this thread, because not everyone understands Italian or French or german. The problem of this solution is, there will be less activity than in the german speaking part;

...or we create a full english speaking Swiss forum. It will atract more people, who talk english, there will be more discussions.
The problem: like I said before 95% of the users are swiss germans ( I also speak perfectly french), and I like to talk in german, and I also like to hang out with our neighbours the ösis and the nazis , and to argue with them on the Wunder bar .

I'm for solution nr. 1

***1893***

Last edited by sämelihülz; September 8th, 2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: dei mudda
sämelihülz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #25
Energy2003
überall zuhause

Quote:
Originally Posted by sämelihülz View Post

I don't think a swiss forum (laut leo.org nicht forae) in english is a good solution, because 95 % of the users are swiss German. Basically we have a big problem:

Either we create a english speaking subforum for projects for the Italian and French speaking users, so everyone can talk with each other like in this thread, because not everyone understands Italian or French or german. The problem of this solution is, there will be less activity than in the german speaking part;

...or we create a full english speaking Swiss forum where. It will atract more people, who talk english, there will be more discussions.
The problem: like I said before 95% of the users are swiss germans ( I also speak perfectly french), and I like to talk in german, and I also like to hang out with our neighbours the ösis and the nazis , and to argue with them on the Wunder bar .

I'm for solution nr. 1
when you all would speak english together, it may would be international.

but what about the real "i bi äs schwizer mänli" feeling ?
you guys from the same country have 3 languages and have to communicate together in the one language (english) which isn´t the main language from ANY of you. so, no one gets the "@ home" feeling

1000 y.o. hometown? yes! Feldkirch

Österreich - nur ein kleines Land ... dafür eines der Besten
Energy2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM   #26
U3065

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy2003 View Post
you guys from the same country have 3 languages
4 languages...
U3065 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #27
Energy2003
überall zuhause

i think no one here speaks räter-römanisch

Old September 8th, 2008, 10:12 AM   #28
sämelihülz
Kansas of Elsass

räto Romanisch

***1893***
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM   #29
U3065

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
i think no one here speaks räter-römanisch
My mother speaks romansh...
U3065 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #30
railcity

Quote:
Sure.

Quote:
I don't think a swiss forum (laut leo.org nicht forae) in english is a good solution, because 95 % of the users are swiss German.
It's not a surprise that in a German-language forum 95% of the users are Swissgerman-speaking and very few French and Italian speakers. You mix up cause and effect.

36% of the Swiss have not German/Swissgerman as mother tongue. But they don't find the Swiss forum here or if they find it, they are not keen on discussing in German.

Plus, as I mentioned, just as important as our compatriots from other language regions is also that more people from abroad could discuss with us in English. Asians, Africans, Europeans, Americans...from all over the world...

Just take a look around SSC how many country fora are predominantly in English. If Bulgarians or Greeks manage to discuss with eachother in English why should it be a problem to us?

P.S.: yes, leo shows fora and forums as plural, forae is also widely used, though

Quote:
As I said, this is not an option for me. It doesn't make sense to discuss the same stuff twice. But we could have Threads on Geneva in French/English and Threads on Zurich in German/English. I don't believe it's a problem to anyone to READ in English, but if somebody is really uncomfortable to write in it, then he can write in German.

Quote:
The problem: like I said before 95% of the users are swiss germans ( I also speak perfectly french), and I like to talk in german,
It's quick to get used to it, believe me.

Quote:
and I also like to hang out with our neighbours the ösis and the nazis , and to argue with them on the Wunder bar .
I don't see the problem. Nobody stops you from hanging around in the Wunderbar all day long. It's not related to the question of the Swiss forum. You do have the "Favorites" tab in your browser as well, I suppose. You can be in the Wunderbar even quicker than clicking around in the same forum/subforum.

There are two things which can also be seen independently from eachother. One thing is the language. The other thing is the visibility. To have the Swiss forum as an independent forum in the list of European fora. We should really catch up with the rest of Europe in this...

Theoretically, there could be also an independent Switzerland forum still predominantly German speaking.
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #31
railcity

Quote:
when you all would speak english together, it may would be international.

but what about the real "i bi äs schwizer mänli" feeling ?
you guys from the same country have 3 languages and have to communicate together in the one language (english) which isn´t the main language from ANY of you. so, no one gets the "@ home" feeling
German doesn't give me any "@ home" feeling at all. I don't believe any Swiss feels at home with German. It's not the language our parents, friends, girlfriends, wifes have been talking with us, unless somebody has a parent/friend/girlfriend/wife from Germany.

Even French or Italian gives me even more @home feeling than German, cause some of my Swiss friends are speaking it. None of my Swiss friends are speaking German. Only friends from Germany.

And I prefer to watch games of the Swiss national team on TSR or TSI with their emotional and patriotic, but also professional commentators.

So, German is in terms of knowledge one of the languages I know best, but in terms of "feeling" it's the same to me like Japanese where I also have friends.

International is good. Switzerland IS international.

And we are used to speak English within Switzerland. When there is a national meeting in a company or association we often speak English witheachother. It's our 5th language, though unofficial, but who cares? Swissgerman is also "unofficial", but it's my my real mothertongue.

@U365 - do you know some Rumantsch as well? I am pondering to learn it someday...
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:27 PM   #32
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 72853

^ Oh dear You're such a whiny sissy.

Anyway, I've put it up on Eurostaff (meeting point of Euroscraper admins) and wer're debating it.
If there's somethin newsworthy, you'll be the first to know about.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Last edited by erbse; September 8th, 2008 at 11:33 PM.
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #33
railcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbsenzaehler View Post
^ Oh dear You're such a whiny sissy.
Ignorance is bliss.
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #34
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 72853

Rail, you're the one who's ignorant considering how you seem able to lump all Swiss people together:

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcity View Post
I don't believe any Swiss feels at home with German. It's not the language our parents, friends, girlfriends, wifes have been talking with us, unless somebody has a parent/friend/girlfriend/wife from Germany.
I mean, come on. That's far from the truth. Far.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #35
railcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbsenzaehler View Post
Rail, you're the one who's ignorant considering how you seem able to lump all Swiss people together:
I mean, come on. That's far from the truth. Far.

All in all I have been living more than 30 years of my life in Switzerland and among the thousands of Swiss I met, there was not a single one who would get emotional home feelings when writing in standard German. If you happen to find such a person, please send me a message. That would be a really special rare species that would be worth displaying at the zoo.

I don't know how many years you have been living in Switzerland, if any. When I go to another country, I don't pretend to know everything better about this country than the home population. When people come to Switzerland from abroad they act the same way. The only exception are unfortunately quite a big number of Germans who are so much convinced they know everything better, although having no clue. It's annoying and amusing at the same time to see people act like that.
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #36
sämelihülz
Kansas of Elsass

Ohne Hochdeutsch wäre die Schweiz, DIE Bananenrepublik in Europa.

Zum Glück ist Hochdeutsch pflicht in der Schule, und machen die Medien da auch fast keine Ausnahme.

Englisch als Hauptsprache für unser Forum: vergiss es, und so viele Leute werden jetzt auch ned vorbeikommen nur weil wir englisch reden

***1893***
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #37
Energy2003
überall zuhause

gibt überhaupt a zitig oder so öpis wo schwizerdütsch schribt ?

bei üs gibts jo ufam papier au nur hochdütsch z ´östrich

hends frei mitanand

PS: aufgrund der Tatsache das alleine schon die gesamte Mittelschweiz Deutsch spricht, wäre englisch wohl nicht so naheliegend.

aber als NICHT Schweizer steht mir eine Einmischung nicht zu, daher sollte man das sowieso untereinander klären

Old September 10th, 2008, 07:36 AM   #38
railcity

Quote:
Ohne Hochdeutsch wäre die Schweiz, DIE Bananenrepublik in Europa.
Like the Netherlands for example? As far as I'm informed they also don't speak Hochdeutsch. And all other countries as well. So, basically every country except Germany is a banana republic.

Quote:
Zum Glück ist Hochdeutsch pflicht in der Schule, und machen die Medien da auch fast keine Ausnahme.
TV and radio are predominantly in Swissgerman, French and Italian. Only the News in a part of the stations are in "Hannover-german". And there are also some shows in Rumantsch.

Quote:
und so viele Leute werden jetzt auch ned vorbeikommen nur weil wir englisch reden
well, just open up and check some other country fora - you'll see they have many international people discussing there - most country fora are in English and Switzerland with 4 official languages and so many international organisations and company worldwide/regional headoffices only discussing in German? - is a little bit paradox and close-minded to me... SSC is not a .de, it's .com, an international forum
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #39
railcity

Quote:
gibt überhaupt a zitig oder so öpis wo schwizerdütsch schribt ?
not entire newspapers yet, not that I know of - but Swissgerman is more and more used in the print-area - in titles, subtitles, quotes, ads, classifieds, etc. - I recently also saw more and more interviews entirely printed in Swissgerman in quite big newspapers...

Quote:
hends frei mitanand

Quote:
PS: aufgrund der Tatsache das alleine schon die gesamte Mittelschweiz Deutsch spricht, wäre englisch wohl nicht so naheliegend.
Nobody in Switzerland speaks German. The majority speaks one of the several variations of Swissgerman - except the Germans who live in Switzerland. And even many of them start to speak Swissgerman after some time.

What do you mean by "Mittelschweiz" by the way? The "Mittelland"? Some part of the Mittelland is French speaking. And there are also some bilingual cities and villages.

Biel/Bienne is really cool!! Do you know the city? Recently I was listening to the translation of a hockey game on Canal 3, the radio from Biel. The moderator in the studio was speaking French, the reporter in the stadium Swissgerman. They just naturally switch between the languages without making a fuss around it. Unfortunately something like that is not possible (yet) on a global scale. That's why English is the best solution.

Quote:
aber als NICHT Schweizer steht mir eine Einmischung nicht zu, daher sollte man das sowieso untereinander klären
Thanks.

What about an independent Austrian forum in SSC in European Forums/Euroscrapers: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/index.php ? Just as an input, I'll not mix into discussions...

Last edited by railcity; September 10th, 2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM   #40
sämelihülz
Kansas of Elsass

Quote:
Nobody in Switzerland speaks German. The majority speaks one of the several variations of Swissgerman - except the Germans who live in Switzerland.
We talk swiss, but our language is still German. Swissgerman is officially a dialect, not a language.

Quote:
And even many of them start to speak Swissgerman after some time.
They try but...

***1893***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: