CORK | Horgan's Quay | Office, Residential, Hotel, Retail | 6-11 flrs | Under Construction - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum > Republic of Ireland

Republic of Ireland For projects and construction in Dublin and the South

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2019, 09:32 PM   #121
DylanG

Likes (Received): 1421

All of the first four floors done and half way done the fifth Pictures from CorkCityCentre and torban69 on Twitter. Also, the website has received a huge update with loads of new renders and a lot of information on the three office buildings The receptions of the two riverside buildings look extremely nice! Weirdly, though, the offices are named No.1, No.2 and No.4... no No.3

Last edited by DylanG; March 31st, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
DylanG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2019, 04:30 PM   #122
DylanG

The entrance of the hotel is quite literally right next to the subway portal. If you were getting the train from/to Dublin and staying there, it would be perfect

Old April 12th, 2019, 06:47 PM   #123
who_me?

Likes (Received): 124

Funny, in the renders before the sides of the building looked straight, but in the above it looks like more of a 'dog leg'. Quite a weird shaped building (which I like, to be honest!)

Ruddiger liked this post
who_me? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 05:08 PM   #124
DylanG

The changes to the residential has been submitted to An Bord Pleanala for consultation. This is up from 247 apartments

Quote:
Description: 302 no. residential units, ground floor retail, creche and all ancillary site works
Applicant: HQ Developments

Ruddiger, who_me?, Lilzehhho, TWEire liked this post
Old April 17th, 2019, 07:11 PM   #125
who_me?

Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanG View Post
The changes to the residential has been submitted to An Bord Pleanala for consultation. This is up from 247 apartments
That's about a fair (~20%) increase, does the submission mention how they're achieving that? Additional building? Additional floors? Smaller apartments? Conversion of use of other buildings in the original plans?
who_me? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 07:58 PM   #126
Admac71

Likes (Received): 123

They are looking to merge the buildings together and increase the floors to 11
Admac71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 08:18 PM   #127
DylanG

It already is 11, I think they're making it go from 7 storeys to 11, instead of 6 to 11 (or maybe 12?). 12 would be amazing as the 11 had no objections (not even An Taisce, who didn't want 11 but said they understood or something). An Bord Pleanala would definitely allow a height increase. I think any taller than 12/13 would look out of place though due to how bulky the building is and where it is positioned. However, we won't know any concrete details until the consultation is finished with, sadly

who_me?, Alto14 liked this post
Old April 17th, 2019, 10:12 PM   #128
DylanG

Sorry for the second post in the row but I just found this picture of the development (prior to any SHD changes) when viewed from Railway Street. I love how the retained building fits in. It's currently a creamy salmon colour so I wonder if they plan on painting it white. I love the landscaping and I believe this will be the entrance to the residential buildings

Ongarboy, tonyosullivan liked this post
Old April 18th, 2019, 04:35 PM   #129
Carrig

Likes (Received): 38

The new bus and cycle access route to Kent Station, between Horgans Quay and Railway street is closed until July. Is that due to the HQ development or water/gas utility works?
Carrig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:21 AM   #130
DylanG

^ They have been doing watermain works on Horgan's Quay and Lower Glanmire Road for quite some time now so it's probably that. Also, that bus/cycle route is actually (judging off what was said in the old North Docks LAP) an extension of Alfred Street, although that might get confusing (like Anglesea Street by the City Hall modern offices VS Anglesea Street by Ramen)

Here are two pictures of the hotel from opus on boards.ie that was posted during the week

who_me? liked this post
Old May 6th, 2019, 02:04 AM   #131
DylanG

It looks like I might have found some (poor quality and hopefully lacking the proper materials being used) renders of the changed residential buildings (from here). The new sizes (especially the quay side) are very welcome, however I'm not sure how I feel about the unnecessary setbacks

Old May 7th, 2019, 09:14 PM   #132
Junt

Likes (Received): 186

Looks good to me. This should be the standard level of density for new builds in the city... or even the minimum density in the docklands.
Junt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 08:53 PM   #133
DylanG

The hotel has basically topped out. Pictures from Cork Crane Count on Twitter

SeanMac, ZG_Blues liked this post
Old May 10th, 2019, 04:47 PM   #134
Carrig

Likes (Received): 38

Looking at the displayed images on the site hoardings, at the front of the hotel, it seems there will be an additional 8th floor with maybe a penthouse suite or something as the floor area is small. The roof is wedge shaped from 5 floors at the rear (lower Glanmire road) to 8 at the front.
Carrig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 01:46 PM   #135
DylanG

From William Murphy on Flickr. I was looking at the renders again and, as discussed above, it does seem there will be an eighth storey towards the front, like the seventh. If so, one floor left to go

ZG_Blues, TWEire liked this post
Old May 18th, 2019, 03:28 AM   #136
RepublicOfCork

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrig View Post
Looking at the displayed images on the site hoardings, at the front of the hotel, it seems there will be an additional 8th floor with maybe a penthouse suite or something as the floor area is small. The roof is wedge shaped from 5 floors at the rear (lower Glanmire road) to 8 at the front.
It would be great if they put a restaurant/cocktail bar on the top 8th floor with glass windows all the way around. Would be a unique location in our city for food and a drink.
RepublicOfCork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 08:24 PM   #137
DylanG

Crane #2 is up on the site, this time for the office buildings I wonder which one they will start with. Image from Cork Crane Count

ZG_Blues, Sukino liked this post
Old May 25th, 2019, 08:26 PM   #138
DylanG

accidental double post
Old June 6th, 2019, 01:44 PM   #139
DylanG

Picture from opus on boards.ie. The shape of the hotel and height are all now done, hopefully the facade starts going up soon

Ingazlego, TWEire, SeanMac liked this post
Old June 13th, 2019, 12:43 PM   #140
DylanG

No announcement of who yet but it looks like 30,000sq ft of office space has been pre-let so far. Iím wondering if that is an error in the article because that means less than one floor has been let so far. If the article meant 30,000sq m of space, then that would be most of the scheme (37,000 sq m/400,000 sq ft). I donít know why they would pre let less than one floor and then 1) announce it in a newspaper and 2) begin construction

Demand boosts renewal and investment activity in Cork city
Quote:
Clarendon has pre-let 30,000 sq ft of its office developoment at HQ and expects occupants to move into the hotel and offices by summer or autumn 2020.

Lilzehhho, who_me? liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: