The Moor Redevelopment - Page 403 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Sheffield Metro Area

Sheffield Metro Area For Sheffield, Doncaster and Rotherham

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2019, 10:41 AM   #8041
George_F

Likes (Received): 209

19/01730/HOARD | Erection of 1x internally illuminated digital screen | Site Of Former 1-5 The Moor Sheffield S1 4PF

Planning application is in for the Digital Screen on the new H&M building

Rugster, Bladerunner, brad31 liked this post
George_F no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2019, 10:35 PM   #8042
michaelwaters123

Likes (Received): 87

I’m not sure if this is just over speculation or if it actually means anything but there seemed to be a group of people waiting in a queue outside the doors of Skechers when I walked down The Moor about half an hour ago. Could it be that Skechers is opening tomorrow?

Also, the escalator in Next was in motion when I walked past. Looks as though Next is very nearly complete.
michaelwaters123 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:48 AM   #8043
UrbanFutures

Likes (Received): 206

The queue may be applicants for jobs in the store. Who I guess will need training etc before the shop opens
UrbanFutures no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2019, 02:48 AM   #8044
unners72

Likes (Received): 101

May be the queue was for JD Sports.

In the media today about long queues to buy some bloody trainers by someone famous

orhunt liked this post
unners72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 12:43 PM   #8045
George_F

New store opens in the "Next" couple of weeks

I think it's already been mentioned but it also claims further down the article

Quote:
Primark moved to The Moor in September 2018 and Mr Huby added that H&M, New Look and Lane7 Bowling Alley will all be open 'in time for Christmas trading'.
https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/polit...re-store-82832
Old June 13th, 2019, 01:54 PM   #8046
ohgoditsjames

Likes (Received): 202

More info on Lane7

https://www.thestar.co.uk/best-in/ba...s-autumn-70733

Quote:
Lane7’s new venue on The Moor will also feature attractions like mini-golf, retro arcade games and pool tables, it has been revealed.

New images show how the latest addition to the resurgent shopping parade could look, with an eclectic mix of styles from industrial lighting and bare brick walls to cabaret lamps and plush seating.

Lane7 already has branches in Newcastle, Birmingham, Aberdeen, Middlesbrough and Liverpool, plus plans to open in six more cities, including Sheffield.

It was announced in February last year that the chain would be coming to The Moor, but before now there had been no details of when it was expected to open.

The new bowling alley is part of the third phase of The Moor’s redevelopment, including a new H&M store at the top of the street, where Redgates toy store used to be.

The ongoing transformation, previous stages of which included the opening of The Light cinema and The Moor Market, helped attract 11.2 million visitors to The Moor in 2017 – a 22 per cent increase in footfall from the previous year.

Kirsty Anderson, Lane7’s head of sales and marketing, said: “Lane7 is set to open its doors in Sheffield this autumn, promising the city a unique bowling experience ‘like you’ve never seen before.

“We will be bringing our quirky concept to the city after success across the country with locations in Newcastle, Birmingham, Aberdeen, Middlesbrough and Liverpool, up to three further openings scheduled in 2019 and more planned for 2020.

“Located on The Moor, the two-floor venue will provide a family-friendly offer by day before transforming into a bustling nightlife destination which incorporates bowling and an in-house bar with a relaxed food offering and attractions such as mini-golf, retro arcade games, pool and a darts area.”

Lane7’s director Tim Wilks last year said he was ‘excited’ to be a part of what’s happening in Sheffield city centre. He told at the time how the Sheffield branch would have a restaurant and he expected it to feature at least 10 lanes.

The firm’s existing venues offer a range of attractions alongside bowling, including karaoke, beer pong and table tennis.

George_F, brad31 liked this post
ohgoditsjames no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:46 PM   #8047
byeo
City Planner

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgoditsjames View Post
Sounds great, hopefully itíll take some of the custom away from Hollywood Bowl at Valley Centertainment.

ohgoditsjames liked this post
byeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 11:35 PM   #8048
NedStark

Likes (Received): 429

Skipping ahead a little, but are there any further phases planned once the current one under construction is complete?
NedStark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 03:10 PM   #8049
hella good
Something of a monster

Likes (Received): 4427

I think this is looking pretty good, you don't see it in photos but there are some details on the stonework that look much better in person.

hella good no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 07:03 PM   #8050
AlexHudson

Likes (Received): 356

Really like the detailing on the stonework and cills.
AlexHudson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 08:01 PM   #8051
Steel City Suburb

Likes (Received): 356

The details are very nice. Shame its not more detailed on the rest of the facade.
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:17 AM   #8052
sparkrs

Likes (Received): 42

Hopefully they will not let it get run down with daily grime and it will at least be cleaned once in a while.
sparkrs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:59 AM   #8053
MDC

Likes (Received): 181

It looks very 1930ish to me, I like it a lot and it blends in with The Moor very well. Definitely "better than was there before"
MDC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 11:46 AM   #8054
Time to Believe

Likes (Received): 158

Liking the big entrance fronting the most prominent point.
Time to Believe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM   #8055
NedStark

Likes (Received): 429

Skechers has now been revealed and is causing confusion as people keep going to the doors thinking it is open.

It is full of stock, but they seem to be doing staff training. Assume itíll open this weekend to the public.
NedStark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #8056
See Word Na

Likes (Received): 2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time to Believe View Post
Liking the big entrance fronting the most prominent point.
Yes, though I hope in the future that junction and road are changed & downgraded further. This is essentially the centre of Sheffield's retail now, and whilst I don't suppose complete removal of vehicles is likely or even beneficial (I use the bus stop at the top of the Moor quite frequently now), I think that carriageway is still too detrimental to the overall public space between The Moor and Cambridge Street.

If and when access to John Lewis car park is no longer needed from this road*, I'd like to see the eastbound removed completely (from the Rockingham Street Junction to at least Pinstone Street, if not Union Street or even Furnival Gate rbt).

I could live with the west bound bus lane remaining, if the surface was raised, just one lane, and there was a super crossing in place which was actually green for pedestrians more than the buses (there are crossings which use sensors to detect a vehicles presence and subsequently turn the light to green for vehicles - after a wait. If nothing else, removing the northbound lane on Pinstone Street would allow for a widened pavement there, practically creating a square with a southbound bus lane on the far side.

*I'll let you ponder as to exactly what context that might be.
See Word Na no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM   #8057
George_F

https://pdfhost.io/v/6NAOz4zVt_16_03...1309957pdf.pdf

None of this is confirmed but there is an ARUP report from Cycle Sheffield which shows some of the options they are considering at the junction you are talking about
Advertisement