Dhaka | Restaurants & Fast Food - Part 4 - Page 23 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Cityscapes & Urban Development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 21st, 2019, 03:37 AM   #441
dopekhor
bleh!

Likes (Received): 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
Quite logical given that many MNCs include Bangladesh, Nepal, SriLanka, and sometimes Pakistan as part of their regional territories with headquarter in India.
If its TATA Starbucks I have no qualms at all, as out of all Indian companies TATA garners credibility like none other.
dopekhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2019, 10:17 AM   #442
Equinox2
Citizen of the World

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopekhor View Post
check the last 20 seconds

Sounds more like a stall or a booth inside the supermarket which sells Starbucks products. Might just be a Starbucks coffee machine dispensing drinks for all you know. I think Starbucks would want to make a more impactful entry into a new market than this.

On a sidenote could they not come up with their own logo instead of stealing Costco's.
Old October 21st, 2019, 09:33 PM   #443
dopekhor
bleh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox2 View Post
Sounds more like a stall or a booth inside the supermarket which sells Starbucks products. Might just be a Starbucks coffee machine dispensing drinks for all you know. I think Starbucks would want to make a more impactful entry into a new market than this.

On a sidenote could they not come up with their own logo instead of stealing Costco's.
Its not a business house e I would expect innovation from!
Old October 26th, 2019, 06:34 AM   #444
South of Heaven

Likes (Received): 13

Not sure what the wholesale part of it was. They have local stuff at MRP, and imported stuff priced higher than Unimart, Lavender, etc. Sure they have more of a variety of products than some of these other stores (but not significantly more) but seriously... who's buying liquid detergent for 3,000-4,000 or q-tips for a couple of hundred when there's perfectly good other alternatives everywhere.

Echoing what Equinox said... It's quite pathetic that a multi-million $ business can't hire marketing/design teams with a bit more finesse and sense of propriety... Plagiarizing Costco? Ugh. (I know this is a deeper business/cultural conversation but the drive factor was noteworthy). I
South of Heaven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2019, 09:09 AM   #445
despaired

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
Not sure what the wholesale part of it was. They have local stuff at MRP, and imported stuff priced higher than Unimart, Lavender, etc. Sure they have more of a variety of products than some of these other stores (but not significantly more) but seriously... who's buying liquid detergent for 3,000-4,000 or q-tips for a couple of hundred when there's perfectly good other alternatives everywhere.

Echoing what Equinox said... It's quite pathetic that a multi-million $ business can't hire marketing/design teams with a bit more finesse and sense of propriety... Plagiarizing Costco? Ugh. (I know this is a deeper business/cultural conversation but the drive factor was noteworthy). I
Well the place is slightly cheaper than Unimart, Lavender etc. for the non bulk items. Bulk
Items I assume will be even cheaper.

And the market is nice because it’s clean, spacious and airconditioned.

They now have more items than how it was in during their initial opening ( and even then stock was already good).

Yesterday late afternoon I guess they had about 250 customers in the store and it was too crowded. Lines at cashiers were also there so I can assume it’s not people just having a look around, though at the moment buying rather fewer items.

Oh and they are openly and continues my referring to Costco when you speak to their managers and even in their local announcements ( which I unfortunately don’t understand but I can hear the word Costco).
despaired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2019, 05:27 PM   #446
jason.kazi
Supermember

Likes (Received): 5193

Quote:
Originally Posted by despaired View Post
Well the place is slightly cheaper than Unimart, Lavender etc. for the non bulk items. Bulk
Items I assume will be even cheaper.

And the market is nice because itís clean, spacious and airconditioned.

They now have more items than how it was in during their initial opening ( and even then stock was already good).

Yesterday late afternoon I guess they had about 250 customers in the store and it was too crowded. Lines at cashiers were also there so I can assume itís not people just having a look around, though at the moment buying rather fewer items.

Oh and they are openly and continues my referring to Costco when you speak to their managers and even in their local announcements ( which I unfortunately donít understand but I can hear the word Costco).
We had a spinoff store of Costco in Central America, when I lived there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PriceSmart
jason.kazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2019, 03:38 PM   #447
dopekhor
bleh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.kazi View Post
We had a spinoff store of Costco in Central America, when I lived there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PriceSmart
do you think think the onwers or promoters of costo have anything to do with this store in Bangladesh?
Old November 3rd, 2019, 09:49 PM   #448
jason.kazi
Supermember

The Courtyard at Park Heights, Dhanmondi

Old November 4th, 2019, 07:03 AM   #449
jason.kazi
Supermember

Introducing The Wagyu Menu at Izakaya, Dhanmondi

Wagyu Steak
A5 Wagyu cooked on the teppan, and served on a bed of asparagus and mushrooms in garlic sauce. Seasoned with salt and pepper
Tk 4890++

Wagyu Foie Gras Roll
Foie Gras, asparagus and mushroom, enveloped in thin slices of Wagyu beef cooked on the teppan. Drizzled with truffle oil and topped with kizami wasabi
Tk 1690++

Wagyu Sushi
Torched wagyu beef topped with a drizzle of teriyaki sauce and kizami wasabi
Tk 1490++

Old November 5th, 2019, 07:37 AM   #450
jason.kazi
Supermember

Takeout, Jamuna Future Park (new branch)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: