#Airlines: QANTAS & Jetstar - Page 234 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #4661
ajw373

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomwhoosh View Post
Well I don't see a clear advantage. The experimental flight had you leaving London before dawn (how this helps anybody's biorhythms is not explained) and then getting to Sydney the next afternoon. You'd have to be desperate to step off the flight and try to do business in what remains of business hours.. More likely you're going to want to sleep.

Versus what is already available - leaving London in the early morning (but not ridiculously early) and arriving in Sydney the next evening in time to get a good night sleep.

Few people are genuinely in the every second spent on the ground counts, category. Many are time poor but able to do some work while in the air.

I agree there is a market, but it won't make much difference to the average traveller, especially if its a fair bit more expensive - as it has to be.

There's only one situation where I'd personally take the ultra-long flight. That's if I have my own suite and bed and can actually sleep through much of the flight. And if I were rich. Maybe I should become a Youtube travel guy?

The flight of the 787 from London was timed to mimmick that of OJA when it made its non stop London to Sydney flight. I doubt that would be its scheduled time if ever implemented.
ajw373 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mandurahboyz